• 78(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Hi,

To miappa (or other people)
I'd like to test the new firmware with multichannel PCM but I don't know how to build a package formy RPi V2.
Can someone let me know where I can find it or if I can grap it from you.

Many thanks
Hello MrNice
I have provided a test build for a different distro and I dont´t want to intrude in this thread as it is for OE test builds and support.
I posted to popcornmix in this thread as he adressed the updated branch here, also due to that he is very active in here.
If you use OE I suggest that you wait for a test build from rbej (or someone else), otherwise you are welcome to test my build. I am sure you will find the thread. Wink
My brother's finding a lot of his videos are only playing audio, no video. So I downloaded a couple from him to check and they're the same on mine.

MediaInfo shows that they're MPEG-1 Layer 3 audio but S-MPEG 4 v2 video. Can XBMC not play this? If not, can someone recommend an easy way for him to transcode (i.e. without losing quality) them to something that will be compatible with most devices?
@rbej, can you make a gotham build with airplay fix und temperture fixes?
(2013-10-24, 22:13)Koloss Wrote: @rbej, can you make a gotham build with airplay fix und temperture fixes?

+1

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Frodo backport would also be nice for ppl with shared libraries Smile
@popcornmix,

I know you've done loads, and really made an amazing impact on using RPI for XBMC...

Is there any chance you can work on gapless playback? I understand it would need changes to omxplayer?

If i can help let me know.

JB
(2013-10-24, 22:39)xbs08 Wrote:
(2013-10-24, 22:13)Koloss Wrote: @rbej, can you make a gotham build with airplay fix und temperture fixes?

+1
me too for Frodo
Updated Frodo Branch

- airplay fix

- temperature fix

- [rbp/omxplayer] Avoid marking non-monotonic timestamps as unknown

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

What is this "temperature fix", I must have missed where it was discussed...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New Frodo build is good, but my database und skin is gotham!
Release you a gotham build today or the fixes only in frodo availiable?
(2013-10-19, 15:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: This PR for Gotham can help reduce CPU load while idle (somewhat skin dependent). It relates to this Trac issue (discussed here).
This is the temperature Patch?
(2013-10-25, 17:03)Koloss Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 15:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: This PR for Gotham can help reduce CPU load while idle (somewhat skin dependent). It relates to this Trac issue (discussed here).

I wouldn't have described that as a temperature patch - it reduces CPU load by about 5-10% in certain situations (main menu mostly, and is also skin dependent - Amber already avoids the problem so sees no benefit from the patch, but Confluence does see a benefit) and isn't likely to have a significant impact on temperature.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@MillhouseVH could you share your build of doms newclock3 with the HDMI patch? Saw your chat on github so assume you have compiled it.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2013-10-25, 16:53)Koloss Wrote: New Frodo build is good, but my database und skin is gotham!
Release you a gotham build today or the fixes only in frodo availiable?

For this moment i work only for Frodo build.

I back to Gotham maybe in next week.

(2013-10-25, 17:03)Koloss Wrote:

Yes.

• 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223