• 99(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
I'm having strange LIRC problems with MilhouseVHs last two builds.

With the preovious build on a cold boot the remote would work normally apart from double pressing everywhere. After a reboot it would work normally apart from the 'Select / OK' button did not work. Reboot again and it all would work fine .... until next reboot when it would go back to double presses....etc. This was repeatable and I lived woth it for a good few days.

On the newer build, I just get the issue with the 'Select / OK' key not working, no matter how many times I reboot.

I've checked the logs after enabling debugging and there is no mention of the 'select / ok' key presses at all, but other keys get logged as expected. OpeneELEC doesn't make troubleshooting LIRC isssues very easy and I'm a bit stumped now.

Any ideas?
(2013-11-24, 23:47)ted209 Wrote: I have similar problems: live tv freezes occasionally on the Openelec official 3.2.3. It seems better with no overclock, but it still freezes sometimes. I have some continuity errors in the tvheadend service.log. I have read that the following settings may help with these (on the web gui used to set up the hardware and muxes):
Idle scanning: off
Full mux reception: off
There are some other options which may help (disable PMT monitoring). I've only run this for an hour, but have had no continuity errors yet.

I'm using this tuner:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-DVB-T-Dig...0960142540?

Thanks ted209, I'll try those settings and see if they'll help. I'm using this tuner http://www.maplin.co.uk/dual-tuner-dvb-t...ick-221708

I also have a problem with not being able to step forward in TV recordings. I recorded two shows this evening and one I can step forward 3m repeatedly as soon as it starts, so I can easily skip the pre-record and ad breaks but the other only steps forward 1s, which increase with repeats so that it gets to 10s and by about 5m in it starts stepping 3m but then it decides to stop playback and I have to start all over again to try and get to where I was!

I notice that this recording shows it's at the end of the timeline/buffer even after a short skip, so it doesn't appear to be telling XBMC it's proper length. I did try to start watching this recording whilst it was in progress, so I don't know if that could have somehow messed it up.

EDIT: Looks like that recording is only 15m/214MB long, when it should be 1hr/860MB, so maybe trying to watch it whilst it was recording did cause it to stop or maybe it just stopped for some other reason. Explains why the reported length/skipping doesn't work though.
(2013-11-24, 20:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: New Gotham build on Dropbox.

Based on OpenELEC master (Commit: 46fa31303cbce93effa83b9bb59313bd5488a007).

* Includes all newclock3 patches (except for "ffmpeg demuxer: faster channel change..." - bd300d0 - which fails to apply against xbmc master)
* Includes fix for JSON Files.GetDirectory() (24ce994a311668ff6fbb2840230c24405dd6300a)
* Includes fix for consistent webserver/GUI artwork caching (PR:3671)
* Excludes fernetmenta patch

This is GREAT! It looks like someone fixed the missing OSD menu problems that I kept experiencing while playing videos.
@popcornmix: With my most recent build I'm noticing a significant amount of "chirping" when listening to audio over HDMI (stereo, both Flac/music and DTS/AC3/video). Not sure if anyone else is hearing the same.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
MilhouseVH > Openelec and logs will come in pm
(2013-11-25, 11:28)swetoast Wrote: MilhouseVH > Openelec and logs will come in pm

Thanks, but I don't want them personally - upload your xbmc.log to somewhere like pastebin.com or xbmclog.com. You also must enable debugging (System -> Settings -> Debugging).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
My guess is however that your right about the JSON bug that it was that crashing so im testing your new build and if that one crashes ill upload the new crash per your instructions to xbmclog.com
(2013-11-24, 23:47)ted209 Wrote: I have similar problems: live tv freezes occasionally on the Openelec official 3.2.3. It seems better with no overclock, but it still freezes sometimes. I have some continuity errors in the tvheadend service.log. I have read that the following settings may help with these (on the web gui used to set up the hardware and muxes):
Idle scanning: off
Full mux reception: off
There are some other options which may help (disable PMT monitoring). I've only run this for an hour, but have had no continuity errors yet.

I'm using this tuner:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-DVB-T-Dig...0960142540?

Mate, you're awesome! With those settings disabled, I'm no longer getting continuity errors or having problems with watching TV. You've saved my RPi for me Smile

This is what my service.log looks like now and it's almost 11:00, so there haven't been any entries at all for 1.5 hours http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89655

I'm going to try overclocking again and hopefully it will be OK now.

EDIT: Damn, seems I spoke to soon. I'm getting continuity errors and freezes tonight with it overclocked but at least it hasn't locked up so far. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89890

I'll have to get myself on the hts IRC and see if they can help.
(2013-11-25, 10:43)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix: With my most recent build I'm noticing a significant amount of "chirping" when listening to audio over HDMI (stereo, both Flac/music and DTS/AC3/video). Not sure if anyone else is hearing the same.
i also get chirping. The first time I noticed it was with the Nov 20 nightly build.
Milehouse how i can update the librtmp in your build
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/raspberry-...nelec.html

this not working getting
grep: /var/log/messages: No such file or directory
(2013-11-25, 14:26)allan87 Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 10:43)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix: With my most recent build I'm noticing a significant amount of "chirping" when listening to audio over HDMI (stereo, both Flac/music and DTS/AC3/video). Not sure if anyone else is hearing the same.
i also get chirping. The first time I noticed it was with the Nov 20 nightly build.

I'll need more details.
Does it occur with passthrough/non-passthrough?
While playing normally or during pause/seeking?
What make/model of receiver/TV?
Does the receiver indicate any sync loss when the chirp happens?
Does it occur with all files? Anything in common with files that chirp? (i.e. sampling rate, coded, number of channels)
Does reverting to an earlier firmware (start_x.elf/fixup_x.dat) solve the problem? Can you identify the firmware version that introduced the problem.
(2013-11-25, 14:46)ranem123 Wrote: this not working getting

There is no /var/log/messages in OpenELEC on the RPi. I presume logging has been disabled to prevent excess writing to the SDCard, but this is one of the 'issues' that makes troubleshooting so diificult.
(2013-11-25, 14:46)ranem123 Wrote: Milehouse how i can update the librtmp in your build
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/raspberry-...nelec.html

this not working getting

With Gotham you need to run:
Code:
journalctl --no-pager --unit xbmc-autostart
Is there any way of knowing which version is actually being used by XBMC?

I followed this tutorial and I'm not sure anymore that it works...
(2013-11-25, 15:16)RichG Wrote: There is no /var/log/messages in OpenELEC on the RPi. I presume logging has been disabled to prevent excess writing to the SDCard, but this is one of the 'issues' that makes troubleshooting so diificult.

No, /var/log/messages has been replaced by journalctl with the change to systemd in OpenELEC 4.0.

(2013-11-25, 15:06)popcornmix Wrote: Does it occur with passthrough/non-passthrough?

I've only got the Pi hooked up via HDMI to my LG monitor which has a stereo line-out so not passthrough for me.

(2013-11-25, 15:06)popcornmix Wrote: While playing normally or during pause/seeking?
It happens while playing normally.

(2013-11-25, 15:06)popcornmix Wrote: What make/model of receiver/TV?
LG IPS225 monitor - it's been fine up until this build (although I didn't really test the previous build that heavily with respect to audio)

(2013-11-25, 15:06)popcornmix Wrote: Does the receiver indicate any sync loss when the chirp happens?

No indicators for that.

(2013-11-25, 15:06)popcornmix Wrote: Does it occur with all files? Anything in common with files that chirp? (i.e. sampling rate, coded, number of channels)

I've noticed it with my Blade Runner film (VC1, DD5.1) that used to play fine. I've also noticed it with DTS (5.1), and Flac (stereo).

(2013-11-25, 15:06)popcornmix Wrote: Does reverting to an earlier firmware (start_x.elf/fixup_x.dat) solve the problem? Can you identify the firmware version that introduced the problem.

I'll have to work through that and get back to you, hopefully later today/tonight.

(2013-11-25, 15:34)pplucky Wrote: Is there any way of knowing which version is actually being used by XBMC?

I followed this tutorial and I'm not sure anymore that it works...

That method never worked. Follow this method.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223