• 149(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-01-05, 21:14)fightnight Wrote: It would be great if you include the RP librtmp version on your builds.

Is that possible? I think rbej version includes this. Wink

I don't see the point when you can update it yourself. Adding a newer version of librtmp to my builds means you'll have to find another solution when I stop creating builds (I'm not planning on doing this forever you know!) However if you can fix the problem yourself, which you can, then you can use any build and still have the latest librtmp. It would be nice if OpenELEC included a more recent version of librtmp but I believe there is a problem with the way librtmp is maintained, packaged and distributed. It's not ideal, but solving the problem yourself has to be the best solution.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The 2011 version is the lastest from rtmpdump team, that's why they use it.

RP patches are very important because few streams work with the lastest official version and OE team only use official git's.

I know how to update, but you provide patches and fixes on your builds, that would be nice if you could include this too. Thanks for your work.
The purpose of my builds is to test experimental patches destined for upstream, not to create builds with custom functionality that people then become dependent on. Additionally, the inclusion of non-standard libraries has the potential to cause problems and unforeseen interactions while testing the experimental patches.

If you want a feature added to OpenELEC the best option is to discuss support with the OpenELEC developers and ideally have the addon or library supported at source. Failing that, if possible, as it is with librtmp, load a more recent version of the library separately to replace the stock library (the benefit being this technique works with any OpenELEC build, even a stock release, and not just mine).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-01-05, 21:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 21:25)wizzard72 Wrote: No GUI sound enabled.

Can't imagine a reason. Can you post a debug log with it happening.

I figured it out yesterday. Today all the movies played well. Also upgraded to the latest test build this afternoon. When I enable E-AC3 again a few hours ago, up to now still had no random pauses. If it happens again I post a debug log. For now I can't reproduce the problem anymore.
(2014-01-05, 17:56)doveman2 Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 16:33)Trixster Wrote: The TvHeadend service was maxing out the cpu on the latest build posted today, slowing everything down to a crawl. Disabling the service normalises everything again.

Can't say I've noticed that problem since updating (I haven't been monitoring the CPU but haven't noticed anything being slower than before either). Maybe try toggling some of the settings as discussed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1588694 as I think some of them can cause extra/constant load.

Actually, since toggling some options earlier and rebooting just now, I have the same problem with the CPU at 100% (XBMC around 58%) and I can't even disable the tvheadend service as it locks up XBMC whenever I try!

I can still access the TVH web gui, although I haven't found what options to toggle to fix the problem yet and I can access the RPi via SMB, so I'll try downgrading to an earlier build to see if that fixes it.
@MilhouseVH,

Thanks for all your builds. I keep 2 RPis running my OE builds and 2 running yours, just to test and compare.

@fightnight, para quem programa em Python, pedir para actualizar, à cara podre, a librtmp...

BR,
hudo
Well I couldn't transfer the files to Update via SMB as it kept disappearing before the files had finished transferring, so I moved the SD to my PC and copied KERNEL to kernel.img and SYSTEM to the sd, along with bootcode.bin, start.elf and fixup.dat from OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20131231164326-r16759-g7260614.tar but now all I get is the OE splash, no text in the top-left showing that it doing something.

Any ideas what's gone wrong here?

EDIT: Hmm, got it booting from SD only, so I guess there's something wrong with the USB although it looks OK. I would have thought it would still show some text/error on the splashscreen if Storage wasn't accessible but maybe there's some corrupt files in the Update folder that are hanging it before that stage.
(2014-01-06, 01:02)hudo Wrote: @MilhouseVH,

Thanks for all your builds. I keep 2 RPis running my OE builds and 2 running yours, just to test and compare.

@fightnight, para quem programa em Python, pedir para actualizar, à cara podre, a librtmp...

BR,
hudo

Well, for those things I like "plug and play" Big Grin
(2014-01-05, 01:12)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 00:47)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 00:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix: I've noticed a problem (might be b-frame related) with my last #0104 build, specifically when resuming xvid/mp3 movies (might be other formats too, only ones I've noticed so far).

Can you try reverting:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3728

Yes, reverting the above patch fixes the problem - resume now works for both movies that were having problems before, cheers!

Just tried your latest build but for me resuming of mpeg4-files is still broken. Ideas?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
anyone else seeing almost 100% cpu usage on mp3 playback? i`m using the latest frodo rbej build.
(2014-01-06, 14:55)stuCONNERS Wrote: anyone else seeing almost 100% cpu usage on mp3 playback? i`m using the latest frodo rbej build.

I think that's normal with visualisation. Disable the visualisation and it should be lower.
that is with it disabled
(2014-01-06, 15:58)stuCONNERS Wrote: that is with it disabled

Do you have vsync enabled?
Can you try a lower framerate mode (e.g. 1080p24)?
(2014-01-06, 11:55)arnova Wrote: Just tried your latest build but for me resuming of mpeg4-files is still broken. Ideas?

A debug log (wiki) when playing (resuming) the movie and media info of the movie would be most useful.
(2014-01-05, 01:12)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 00:47)popcornmix Wrote: Can you try reverting:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3728

Yes, reverting the above patch fixes the problem - resume now works for both movies that were having problems before, cheers!

I've got a new fix on newclock3 which hopefully fixes your problem without breaking the original purpose of #3728. Can you test?
Several of newclock3 patches are now upstream, and slightly altered by the review process, so check there's no regressions there.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223