• 227(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-09, 14:57)tomtomclub Wrote: cec do not work well on a samsung smart tv type D 8000 the source is gone when you switch from TV to xbmc also blue xbmc logo gone

Strange! I'm using a Samsung UE55F8005 SmartTV and it's very similar. I've been using my RPi connected directly to tv and haven't had any issues.

I must have: (in config.txt)

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Otherwise CEC will fail if tv is powered off when I reboot RPi.
I don't know if these settings are still required but I have had them for a couple of months now.
(2014-03-09, 14:01)RichG Wrote: A short time into playing a movie (maybe 5 minutes or so) I see a dialogue box briefly which says something like "/storage successfully removed" and then after a couple of seconds the movie freezes (display remains static), and the RPi becomes unresponsive - no remote control or SSH response.

I will try to get a full debug log of this, but the normal log is not reporting anything unusual.

Strange. I enabled debug and replayed the same file and was able to watch the full film (>80mins) without issue. Disabled again and it is still playing after ten minutes or so.

Hopefully just a temporary glitch of some kind causing it previously. Will report if it occurs again.
(2014-03-09, 02:01)MilhouseVH Wrote: Definitely test with a more potent power supply - if I'm dependent on USB-port power I'll always try to use a Y-cable (and 2 USB ports) so that the Pi has about 1A of power rather than the standard 0.5A that a USB port normally provides, and which isn't considered enough to run a stable Pi.

I could try it but my two PiS have been working fine when powered from my tv for the last 12 months. It's rather too connivent for my pi to suddenly decide it needs more power right when the fiq was introduced. Anyway I've tested my USB ports and they provide at least 1 amp, and I only have a cat6 and HDMI lead plugged in so not much power is drawn from the pi.

On the western digital forums someone has given me a fix for NFS shares on my mycloud NAS. I've been using samba shares, and perhaps swapping to NFS may help...
Hi, I have a playback problem in the last couple of builds with dvdplayer, it occurs with all kinds of video I've tested, online or local.
After pause, the video freezes for about 5", audio continues normaly. After the delay video continues from the current playtime.
I have a highly overclocked model B pi with gpu_mem set to 256. 5V 2A psu, sdcard class 10 installation with nothing connected to usb ports.
My log while reproducing the issue playing a file through smb.
(2014-03-09, 11:19)RichG Wrote: 1) I get a loud (VERY LOUD) burst of what sounds like white noise for a fraction of a second when I start a movie playing. Seems it might be an audio buffer 'emptying'.

Me too. Only when start I'm starting a video.

On lastest release happens something very weird. After ~ 30 minutes, the video/rpi freezes (no ftp and i can't ssh rpi or back to the previous menu). I have to unplug the psu to restart the OS.

I don't know why, but it only start happening in lastest release. Wink
(2014-03-09, 19:48)fightnight Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 11:19)RichG Wrote: 1) I get a loud (VERY LOUD) burst of what sounds like white noise for a fraction of a second when I start a movie playing. Seems it might be an audio buffer 'emptying'.

Me too. Only when start I'm starting a video.

On lastest release happens something very weird. After ~ 30 minutes, the video/rpi freezes (no ftp and i can't ssh rpi or back to the previous menu). I have to unplug the psu to restart the OS.

I don't know why, but it only start happening in lastest release. Wink

The white noise happens here as well.

Also RPI get stuck after a while to me as well.
Happened after few minutes or half an hour, so random. In the middle of the movie
(2014-03-09, 21:20)Shanyel Wrote: The white noise happens here as well.

Happened after few minutes or half an hour, so random. In the middle of the movie

Okay, for each of these issues, can you report when the problem first occurred.
Can you revert to an earlier Milhouse build and not have the problem? What's the most recent Milhouse build that doesn't have the problem?

Does the audio noise affect omxplayer or dvdplayer? Does it also affect music (paplayer)?
HDMI or analogue? Passthrough enabled?
(2014-03-09, 21:24)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 21:20)Shanyel Wrote: The white noise happens here as well.

Okay, for each of these issues, can you report when the problem first occurred.
Can you revert to an earlier Milhouse build and not have the problem? What's the most recent Milhouse build that doesn't have the problem?

Does the audio noise affect omxplayer or dvdplayer? Does it also affect music (paplayer)?

OMX only. No white noise on DVD.
Hdmi , no passthrough
Don't have music ...

I think the 28/02 was good, I'll check later on with few versions and let you know

As for the other issues when it hands, I think it's from the last build
I installed the original version from the NOOB and my remote is working, then updated to the latest version OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140308023729-r17871-g8a2f22b but the remote stop functioning. I made the change as suggested on few posts above but still not working
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

any other suggestions?

Thanks
(2014-03-09, 21:24)popcornmix Wrote: Okay, for each of these issues, can you report when the problem first occurred.

I've narrowed down the noise burst issue to initially occurring with the first build from 1st March: OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140301173301-r17837-g599837b
Does not occur with every file played, but the majority it does. Can't find any pattern regarding audio / video codecs or containers.

The lock-up issue (with the previously mentioned "/storage has been removed" message) - which seems could well be related to the other reported freezing issues - has only become apparent with the latest build, but can't be sure it is not present earlier due to the erratic nature. I did however watch a couple of full movies with the previous build and had no lock-up.

OMXPlayer only (not DVDplayer). Does not effect music playback. HDMI. 2.0. No Passthrough. No GUI Sounds.
Movie files are accessed across NFS with mysql library. /storage on USB stick, boot files on sdcard.
(2014-03-09, 22:48)RichG Wrote: I've narrowed down the noise burst issue to initially occurring with the first build from 1st March: OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140301173301-r17837-g599837b
Does not occur with every file played, but the majority it does. Can't find any pattern regarding audio / video codecs.

Sounds like the small audio packet concatenation patch. If someone can post the mediainfo of a file that definitely has done it, then I'll try to reproduce it (it probably does depend on audio codec/number of channels/sample rate).
(2014-03-09, 23:08)popcornmix Wrote: If someone can post the mediainfo of a file that definitely has done it, then I'll try to reproduce it.

Testing with two files:
If I play file one then stop and restart it - no noise burst
Play file two, stop, restart - sometimes get noise
Play file one then start file two - loud burst
Play file two then start file one - quieter burst most times, occasionally louder.

File One
Code:
General
Complete name                            : \\server\Films\+ Favorites +\28 Days Later... (2002)\28 Days Later 2002 720p.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                                : 817 MiB
Duration                                 : 1h 53mn
Overall bit rate                         : 1 010 Kbps

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 5 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 897 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 688 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.042
Stream size                              : 710 MiB (87%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 114 r1924 08d04a4
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-2:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=5 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=2pass / mbtree=0 / bitrate=897 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=2:1.00
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 3
Codec ID                                 : A_MPEG/L3
Codec ID/Hint                            : MP3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 112 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : 1s 0ms
Stream size                              : 90.6 MiB (11%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

File two:
Code:
General
Complete name                            : \\server\Films\+ Favorites +\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007) 720p.mp4
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media
Codec ID                                 : isom
File size                                : 748 MiB
Duration                                 : 1h 40mn
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 1 044 Kbps

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 8 frames
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate                                 : 915 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 8 056 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 688 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.043
Stream size                              : 653 MiB (87%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 114 r1924 08d04a4
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=22 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=915 / ratetol=3.1 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 128 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 209 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 91.6 MiB (12%)
I have also gotten freezes in the last two Milhouse realeses. It usually unfreezes if I ssh into the rpi though.
When it unfreezes, there is sometimes a notification about CEC.

Here is a log of it happening on a internet stream :
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146349
For people with freezes - do you have fiq_fsm enabled? Can you try this on cmdline.txt
Code:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
(2014-03-08, 22:44)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-08, 21:39)anonimo2001 Wrote: @MilhouseVH
The log
http://xbmclogs.com./show.php?id=145456
The file (SPOILER: True Detective episode 2) It's 80Mb
http://www.filedropper.com/truedetective

FYI this is camera phone footage not a sample! Your camera phone footage is sufficient to demonstrate the problem, sure, but it's not what someone may require to actually investigate and fix the problem - for that they typically require a sample of the actual video you are playing with which they can reproduce the problem on their own hardware under test circumstances.

Guys,

I experience the same frame freeze when skipping forward or rewinding with dvdplayer.
the same happens also when showing the on screen menu

I tried to create a split of one of the files with which I had problems but I am not sure I did it the right way.
if I play it with dvdplayer the frame freeze is less pronounced than what i see with the full length movie, I hope anyway this can be of help.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

let me know if you need anything or I did (again) something wrong...

m
  • 227(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223