• 4(current)
WIP Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager
Hello all,

has started before of them a work to handle RDS signal from radio inside Kodi. Want to finish the RDS stuff first before I continue here and hope to have it soon.

Merry christmas,

Alwin
Merry xmas! After release of Helix master is open for business again. Lets try to get this in soon.
This looks very interesting, i really hope a linux version will be available since windows already have a few 3rd party solutions.

I really want to see a parametic EQ for Linux Kodi.

Keep up the good work guys and good luck!
If you want, you can see new screenshots about my adsp.xconvolver addon in the Audio convolution engine for XBMC thread.
Hi @ll,

I uploaded a precompiled Kodi Version with adsp-addon-handling for windows. It includes three ADSP-Addons (adsp.basic, adsp.freesurroung and adsp.template).

I think the Linux users can compile it by them self. Just use the same instructions from the Kodi Wiki and replace the github link with git://github.com/AlwinEsch/kodi.git

Please Backup your user folder from Kodi before starting the precompiled Version.

You can download pre compiled windows version here.

If you find bugs or issues, you are welcome to post it here.

EDIT: removed dropbox download link and moved it to the first thread.
I read that wisler have plans to optimize his addon by using CUDA and OpenCL acceleration on the GPU controller.

DSP acceleration on GPU could maybe now be achieved more simpler via CF4OCL (C Framework for OpenCL) which is a open source licensed cross-platform pure C object-oriented framework for developing OpenCL projects in C with support for C++

http://fakenmc.github.io/cf4ocl/
https://github.com/FakenMC/cf4ocl/

CF4OCL allows the rapid development of OpenCL host programs in C/C++ while making it easier to provide OpenCL, simplify the analysis of OpenCL environments, etc.

CF4OCL library could possible also be reused to accelerate other processes in Kodi using OpenCL
Quote:I read that wisler have plans to optimize his addon by using CUDA and OpenCL acceleration on the GPU controller.

Correct I wanna use my GPU to convolve very long FIR-Filters.
I am very excited about the speed up with the GPU. If have some results you will find a benchmark in the Audio convolution engine for XBMC thread.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
(2015-01-10, 01:06)wisler Wrote: Hi @ll,

I uploaded a precompiled Kodi Version with adsp-addon-handling for windows. It includes three ADSP-Addons (adsp.basic, adsp.freesurroung and adsp.template).

I think the Linux users can compile it by them self. Just use the same instructions from the Kodi Wiki and replace the github link with git://github.com/AlwinEsch/kodi.git

Please Backup your user folder from Kodi before starting the precompiled Version.

You can download the zip-file from my dropbox folder.

If you find bugs or issues, you are welcome to post it here.

Hi wisler,

I don't know how to tell you, how much I love you for this:

Is this based on the latest version (0.9.0)?

Can I manipulate the DSP's settings anywhere, like in foobar2000?:

Hello SpaceAgeHero,

yes you have this settings on it, go in fullscreen or anything where you control the player and there is a button gears and a speaker and you become access after selection of Master and FreeSurround button.

Thanks for the freesurround,

Alwin
Ok thanks, found it. Missing an option to redirect bass to LFE though.
Hi SpaceAgeHero,

i think this option is still missing, but it should be possible to add it.

If there´s going to be a parametric EQ for XBMC, it would be a good idea to implement Auto-EQ by importing REW (Room Equalizer Wizard) correction files.

This is possible for example with MiniDSP like this: http://www.minidsp.com/applications/auto-eq-with-rew
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2015-01-27, 20:15)BoxFreak Wrote: If there´s going to be a parametric EQ for XBMC, it would be a good idea to implement Auto-EQ by importing REW (Room Equalizer Wizard) correction files.

This is possible for example with MiniDSP like this: http://www.minidsp.com/applications/auto-eq-with-rew
Checkout this other thread discussion here about an audio convolution engine http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=181875
@BoxFreak:
In the documentation from REW I saw that it can export the generated filter as wav-file (Export -> Impulse Response as WAV). Later we can load those files with adsp.xconvolver.

But if we wanna use the text-files. Then we have to implement BiQuad-Filters (I hope this is correct).

Do you know how to interpret "Filter 1: ON PA Fc 129.1Hz ( 125 +2 ) Gain -18.5dB BW/60 4.0"?
I think
Fc = Crossover Frequency. What is (125 +2)?
PA = ?
Gain = Gain
BW/60 = ?

Example output from REW documentation:
Code:
Room EQ V4.00
Dated: 07-Jan-2007 17:20:32

Notes:Example filter settings

Equaliser: DSP1124P
sampledata.txt
Bass limited 80Hz 12dB/Octave
Target level: 75.0dB

Filter 1: ON  PA   Fc   129.1Hz (  125 +2 )   Gain -18.5dB  BW/60  4.0
Filter 2: ON  PA   Fc    36.8Hz (   40 -7 )   Gain -15.5dB  BW/60 10.0
Filter 3: ON  PA   Fc    99.1Hz (  100 -1 )   Gain  -3.5dB  BW/60  1.0

BW/60 is same as filter Q-value, used in Behringer DSP1124P. That means how wide or narrow the correction will be. PA means parametric filter on that same device. It´s possible to export these correction files in many different formats, compatible with different devices, have you looked at other formats than that Behringer one?

Another feature I would like to see implemented is possibility to automatically change sound field from stereo --> multichannel and vice versa according to type of 2-channel source material. For example outputting stereo -music through 2 main speakers, and after that watching video with 2 channel soundtrack would be output through 5.1 speakers. I can do it now by selecting different sound field on my receiver, but it would be cool if this could be automatic inside Kodi.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager7