• 10(current)
WIP Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager
hello in kodi v16 jarvis when someone enable audio dsp prossesing ask for an add on and then system crashes and cannot return back unless i reboot the whole machine what is this add on?
(2016-02-02, 23:00)dimosx Wrote: hello in kodi v16 jarvis when someone enable audio dsp prossesing ask for an add on and then system crashes and cannot return back unless i reboot the whole machine what is this add on?

Same as mine with an android box. The 5.1 sound not working on the HDMI and SPDIF as well. Another player like MX player working well, so this is not a hardware bug. What can I do? Any help appriciated thx.
Same problem here on Kodi 16, Ubuntu 14.04 install ... and Kodi 16, Windows 10 install ... and Kodi 16, Android (Minix) install. Try enabling DSP and an error notification came-up, followed by Kodi 'suspended' (unresponsive).
(2016-02-02, 23:00)dimosx Wrote: hello in kodi v16 jarvis when someone enable audio dsp prossesing ask for an add on and then system crashes and cannot return back unless i reboot the whole machine what is this add on?
Which OS did you use? Can you provide a log file?

(2016-02-28, 12:29)hismastersvoice Wrote:

Same as mine with an android box. The 5.1 sound not working on the HDMI and SPDIF as well. Another player like MX player working well, so this is not a hardware bug. What can I do? Any help appriciated thx.
So far I know we currently do not ship adsp add-ons on Android. Sorry. But I plan to do a release this week for Android. Afterwards they should be available in our nightlies.

(2016-03-01, 06:08)LeKodeur Wrote: Same problem here on Kodi 16, Ubuntu 14.04 install ... and Kodi 16, Windows 10 install ... and Kodi 16, Android (Minix) install. Try enabling DSP and an error notification came-up, followed by Kodi 'suspended' (unresponsive).
Hm...
I'm wondering, because Windows 10 working fine here. Can you provide the crash log and the log file from your Windows machine?
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
My apologies, correct, after playing around and finding more info I got it working in Windows 10 (only) using the Confluence skin. I was using Aeon Nox and MQ 6 skins and was getting nowhere. However, my most relied-upon Kodi installs are under Linux OS (Ubuntu 14.04) ... are there any ADSP addons for Kodi 16 Linux? Many thanks!
(2016-03-02, 01:30)LeKodeur Wrote: My apologies, correct, after playing around and finding more info I got it working in Windows 10 (only) using the Confluence skin. I was using Aeon Nox and MQ 6 skins and was getting nowhere. However, my most relied-upon Kodi installs are under Linux OS (Ubuntu 14.04) ...
Sorry I forgot to say that you should use Confluence, because for AudioDSP we created a new window and the other skins have to be adapted to get AudioDSP properly working. It's one of the drawbacks in our skin engine that every skin has to would need some effort to support new features. Same counts for the add-ons. Sad

(2016-03-02, 01:30)LeKodeur Wrote: are there any ADSP addons for Kodi 16 Linux? Many thanks!
Yeah sure if you know how to compile it Wink

You can follow the instructions on Github. See for example adsp.basic.
Quote: git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
git clone https://github.com/{org}/{addon-id}.git
cd {addon-id} && mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD={addon-id} -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/project/cmake/addons
make

But you should clone with:
Code:
git clone -b Jarvis https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

Will give it as shot Smile ... got a mod of Aeon MQ6 that supports the ADSP addons. I appreciate your detailed response Wisler, many thanks! Smile
Tried but got the following error message when I typed "make", some 'p8-platformConfig' scripts are missing:

Code:
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential
$ git clone -b Jarvis https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
$ git clone https://github.com/kodi-adsp/adsp.basic.git
$ cd adsp.basic && mkdir build && cd build
$ cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=adsp.basic -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/project/cmake/addons
$ make

ERROR:
Code:
Could not find a package configuration file provided by "p8-platform" with
      any of the following names:
        p8-platformConfig.cmake
        p8-platform-config.cmake
Almost got there! Sad ... would installing 'libplatform' help?
Will ADSP addons be eventually available for 'mainstream' Kodi on Linux or are they meant to be Windows only functionality (or for those who can compile without errors Smile)? Currently, using Confluence Linux freezes Kodi if you try enabling the ADSP manager ... perhaps this option should be disabled in Linux version of Kodi so 'mainstream' users like myself don't get tricked trying to enable it and crash Wink
I figured how to compile the PulseEight platform package but still got errors (redefinitions of GetTickCount(void), WcsLen(const Wchar_t *str) and WcsToMbs(char *s, const Wchar_t *w, size_t n) in adsp.basic incompatible with p8-platform libs. I compiled the platform package from https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/platform ... but that was probably not the one to use?
Hello wisler :
In that system you can be installed and where you can download adsp.XConvolver .
I use Windows 7 + APO equalizer but I would try KODI 16 Jarvis DSPlayer + adsp.XConvolver in Windows

Greetings from Spain and I apologize for my English.I am using the translator.
(2016-03-03, 08:37)LeKodeur Wrote: Tried but got the following error message when I typed "make", some 'p8-platformConfig' scripts are missing:

Code:
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential
$ git clone -b Jarvis https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
$ git clone https://github.com/kodi-adsp/adsp.basic.git
$ cd adsp.basic && mkdir build && cd build
$ cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=adsp.basic -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/project/cmake/addons
$ make

ERROR:
Code:
Could not find a package configuration file provided by "p8-platform" with
      any of the following names:
        p8-platformConfig.cmake
        p8-platform-config.cmake
Almost got there! Sad ... would installing 'libplatform' help?

You should clone adsp.basic with:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/kodi-adsp/adsp.basic.git -b v0.2.0

For K* there was a change from platform to p8-platform, which is note available for Jarvis :-(

(2016-03-03, 23:22)LeKodeur Wrote: Will ADSP addons be eventually available for 'mainstream' Kodi on Linux or are they meant to be Windows only functionality (or for those who can compile without errors Smile)? Currently, using Confluence Linux freezes Kodi if you try enabling the ADSP manager ... perhaps this option should be disabled in Linux version of Kodi so 'mainstream' users like myself don't get tricked trying to enable it and crash Wink

No it will be available for all platforms, but developing in spare time for such many platforms is quite a huge task Confused

Hmm... Linux should work, then you might have some issue with your installation. A log file with enabled debug mode would be helpful.

(2016-03-06, 02:17)hemiutut Wrote: Hello wisler :
In that system you can be installed and where you can download adsp.XConvolver .
I use Windows 7 + APO equalizer but I would try KODI 16 Jarvis DSPlayer + adsp.XConvolver in Windows

Greetings from Spain and I apologize for my English.I am using the translator.

Hi hemiutut,

currently I stopped further developments for adsp.xconvolver, but I will continue them this year Wink

At first I have to do more developments for adsp.template and afterwards xconvolver will be available soon Blush

That's why there is currently no public download for adsp.xconvolver. I will keep the community update to date in the AudioDSP subforum Wink

(2016-03-09, 17:16)wisler Wrote: No it will be available for all platforms, but developing in spare time for such many platforms is quite a huge task Confused

Hmm... Linux should work, then you might have some issue with your installation. A log file with enabled debug mode would be helpful.

Thanks for your reply ... I will try re-compile using the version of ADSP-basic you provided (v0.2.0) and if I have further issues I will send you a debug log. My comment however was addressing another matter, which is that Kodi 16 for Linux does not have any adsp addons when you download Kodi from mainstream repo ... so Kodi crashes when user tries to enable the ADSP Manager. I will try with a fresh download of Kodi 16.1 as perhaps the adsp addons for Linux are bundled in that update (i.e. no need to separately download addon sources and compile)?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager7