Screen mirroring
I've got a 512 Pi running OpenELEC and XBMC, which works fantastic for all of my local media. The only thing I would like to do is to be able to mirror my screen, from either my PC or from my Android phone, and have it displayed on my TV through the Pi.

Basically what I want to do, is be able to bring up a flash stream on my computer or android, and have it streamed to XBMC. I found this thread that shows the sort of thing I need, but is only for Apple products.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...41&t=49668

Is there currently any way to do this??

Or even if it could be something like the Chromecast, where I could just stream a Chrome tab over to XBMC??

Thanks all!
Have you read any of the Chromecast threads?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-03-02, 04:44)MilhouseVH Wrote: Have you read any of the Chromecast threads?

I have read some threads on this forum, as well as a few others that I have found, but haven't been able to find a solid answer yet. All I need to be able to do is bring up a streaming sports game on my desktop and send that to the Pi and XBMC. It's real easy on lots of sites using the "Play to XBMC" Chrome add-on, or the Yatse remote on my phone, but can't figure this one out. It doesn't have to actually be related to Chromecast at all, as I don't have one, but it seems a Chromecast could do what I'm looking for. Of course I would like to not have to buy anything else if I don't have to! Blush
You could always use something like Miracast or WiDi. That would require a hardware receiver and a wireless NIC that supports WiDi though.
(2014-03-02, 05:26)nooryani84 Wrote: You could always use something like Miracast or WiDi. That would require a hardware receiver and a wireless NIC that supports WiDi though.

That's really exactly what I want to do, just without having to buy a Miracast device haha! I just want the display from my computer to be shown on my tv, essentially just a wireless HDMI cable. So it sounds like this is not possible with XBMC, and I will need to buy a Chromecast or a Miracast device correct?
As far as I know, yes. You might want to read some reviews on Chromecast and Widi/Miracast before you make a purchase - it may be wise to wait until they release the next-gen of this tech.
(2014-03-06, 00:14)nooryani84 Wrote: As far as I know, yes. You might want to read some reviews on Chromecast and Widi/Miracast before you make a purchase - it may be wise to wait until they release the next-gen of this tech.

I have read up on both, and I think you're correct. Neither one is really quite up to the task of what I want right now. I will just stick with bringing my laptop out to the living room and hooking it up whenever I need to.

Thanks!
Hi all,

Does somebody know if there's any update on that subject?
I got Ubuntu linux laptop (with firefox) / windows laptop / android smartphones and am looking for audio/video streaming to raspberryPi-XBMC(openelec).

Thanks for your support.

Brgds,
I used to do casting picture/Videos from my XPERIA device to the XMBC, using the DLNA inbuilt casting app present in XPERIA devices
@sankaman82 What your asking for is one of the core functionalities of Kodi. In Kodi enable 'Allow remote control via UPnP' (settings/services/upnp/dlna). You can then stream to Kodi using any upnp/dlna enabled app on your other devices.
@d'Wooluf so how do you mirror your Android screen to Kodi?
@gopishrk was it a Sony-only casting app?

How did you both create a stream to xbmc/Kodi?
@darioz: I don't. @sankaman82 was "looking for audio/video streaming to raspberryPi-XBMC(openelec)" from three different platforms. I didn't read that as a need to mirror an Android screen. There are apps on each of those platforms that will stream video/audio to a upnp renderer. Kodi can be made to be a upnp renderer. See http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP
@d'Wooluf : Thank you, but I was already aware of that. Do you happen to know a way of mirroring your android screen to the Raspberry Pi?
(2017-07-21, 23:55)darioz Wrote: @d'Wooluf : Do you happen to know a way of mirroring your android screen to the Raspberry Pi?

I don't think there is one. I've got a Chromecast sitting unused in a box somewhere so I guess screen mirroring is not a priority for me. The Xiaomi Mi Box would be capable of both screen mirroring and Kodi but that's not what we've got...
If you want to do screen mirroring, then you can use Miracast wireless display adapter. You have connect to your PC, laptop, TV, any gadgets, you can get the result quickly with a second. I have Asus Miracast Wireless Display Adapter, and it gives me an excellent result.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen mirroring0