WIP Server WMC Community Keymap Project for Harmony Remotes
The pvr stuff (recordings, timers, TV etc) was split into separate named windows in Kodi so the key map file with have to be adjusted to suit the new window names. It's actually a good thing as we can now customise mappings for each pvr section separately rather than all having to share 1 common set
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-12-26, 08:00)scarecrow420 Wrote: The pvr stuff (recordings, timers, TV etc) was split into separate named windows in Kodi so the key map file with have to be adjusted to suit the new window names. It's actually a good thing as we can now customise mappings for each pvr section separately rather than all having to share 1 common set

So, I hate to sound really dumb on this, but I'm still not sure how to modify the config for the new windows to make this stuff work. is the main file here going to be updated for Kodi, or would anyone be bale to tell me what config (or section) needs to be modified for functionality?
Anyone got the EPG working in Kodi? Seems that they have updated it, so <guide>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</guide> do not work anymore
I'm not using Kodi myself so all I can provide is advice rather than an answer.

The PVR windows each have their own name now in Kodi so I believe you need to use ActivateWindow with whatever the new name is. You can normally find the window names on the keymap wiki but not sure if it's updated for Kodi or not. Worst case you can look at the code on github
Cant figure it out :/ Why is this so hard to fix Sad I only missing one button on my remote, the EPG Guide to my Guide button.
What do you mean? As in you checked the wiki, found the window name, but it's not working? Or are you saying you didn't follow what I was saying in terms of how to figure it out? I dont have Kodi on a system with a remote control so I cant actually test it but I just had a look at the keymap wiki and it appears to have been updated for Kodi with all the PVR related windows having a listing under the window id/name section...

it looks like the window name for the guide is "tvguide". So therefore I'd expect you should be able to use
Code:
ActivateWindow(tvguide)

for your button mapping?
(2015-01-08, 13:14)scarecrow420 Wrote: What do you mean? As in you checked the wiki, found the window name, but it's not working? Or are you saying you didn't follow what I was saying in terms of how to figure it out? I dont have Kodi on a system with a remote control so I cant actually test it but I just had a look at the keymap wiki and it appears to have been updated for Kodi with all the PVR related windows having a listing under the window id/name section...

it looks like the window name for the guide is "tvguide". So therefore I'd expect you should be able to use
Code:
ActivateWindow(tvguide)

for your button mapping?

Thanks for the input. Sorry about my ineptitude. I was definitely using the wrong window name when I tried to fix it. I'll mess around with this some tomorrow to see if I can resolve it.
No need to apologise just wasn't sure what you meant! Let us know if you crack it
First of all, such a great work, this is a MUST for PVR!

I'm running Openelec latest (Kodi) and would like to use the new remot.xml with all these functions, but I just can't figure out how should I adjust these for Kodi.

I don't know how to map buttons, I was looking into wiki and the code, but I'm very confused, and I'm sure I would be able to figure this out, but for that I would need time, something I really don't have now with my little girl with usSmile

If @Silver-Streak managed to get the EPG guide working (including all the other functions in the first post) or if @scarecrow420 could help us, could you post your remote.xml file and point me to the correct direction where should I put it?

Using Harmony and MCE IR receiver.

So much thanks!

BTW: is it possible to map a button to Channel Group change cycle, I mean, if I press that button, let's say * the Channel Group shifts to right, and so on?
(2014-03-09, 04:58)LSU Jonno Wrote: • Maps XBMC "electronic program guide (EPG)" to remote key "guide".
• Maps XBMC "fullscreen" function to remote key "guide" within <mypvr> tag. Enables toggling of EPG while watching live TV and recorded TV only.

Just to be sure, by EPG you are referring here to Timeline EPG in both cases?
What IR receiver are you using for this? I have an Ortek MCE remote, but apparently that doesn't receive the standard IR keyboard buttons so my mapping is very limited. Looking into picking up something that would be able to handle more.
quick question if I may. Would like to use this mapping - I've got MCE keyboard working on Openelec/PI mapped to the harmony but a bit unreliable so this native approach sounds very attractive. Got two questions however:
I see a lot of XBMC.xxx code in the xml file - does that work with what is now KODI or does the reference need updating?
Saw the remark about PVR being changed - but not sure what that means for the XML file. Does it mean replace PVROSguide with tvguide across the XML file??

sorry for noob questions - still getting used to Linux/PI/Kodi...

thnx

Dennis
Hi,

I've read through this thread, but I cannot get my head around different windows, and settings for said window etc...

Any idea how I can convert this great bit of coding to work with kodi? I'm using v17 rc2.

I've tried MCERemote and Keyboard Editor however I cannot make the PVR screens/remote behave as they do in WMC. I'm trying to phase out WMC from my HTPC setup and have an all-in-one Kodi solution but this is the only thing standing in my way.

I hate to sound like someone who just wants everything done for them but honestly, I cannot get my head around any of it.

Here's hoping someone will be able to guide me in the right direction.

Thanks...

Ant

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Server WMC Community Keymap Project for Harmony Remotes1