Openelec RPi v3.95.1 bug thread?
(2014-03-11, 15:15)robe1 Wrote: I have recently upgraded my amplifier. On my old amp is only supported 1080i and I didn't have the pauses. My mew amp supports 1080p and the pauses are very bad. Is there a way of forcing XBMC to 1080i so I can test this out on the new amp?

I also tried experimenting with different frame rates - set at 24, 30 and 50 the pauses happened but it seemed to get further into the film before they started. Withe the frame rate at 60 they started almost immediately.

Always post complete logs, don't edit it down.
I don't expect HDMI resolution or framerate to have any effect.
The problem is you are not getting enough bandwidth through the network. Is this wired or wireless? Can you try playing the same file locally (e.g from sdcard or USB).
Can you confirm that reverting to 12.2 plays this file correctly? (to rule out something on your network causing the issue).
Hi popcornmix

Apologies - full log here http://pastebin.com/kTuQ85da

The network is wired connected via NFS to Synology NAS - have read all the threads on NFS read/write packet sizes and have mounted the drives on the via autostart.sh pi.

My finings so far are:-

Old amp set at 1080i running Openelec 3.2.4 - Frodo 12.2 - playback ok with odd pause every now and again - nothing major

New amp set at 1080p running Openelec 3.2.4 - Frodo 12.2 - long pauses of 2 - 3 seconds almost immediately

New amp set at 1080p running Milhouse latest build - Gotham - long pauses of 2 - 3 seconds almost immediately

Nothing has changed on the network side of things - if I tray and pull a file from the NAS using dd going to /dev/null I get a throughput of between 7MB - 10MB a second which is close to the maximum of the 10/100 port

I will try and play the file locally and let you know what happens.
can you turn off "Extract thumbnail and video information"
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos
(2014-03-11, 16:08)popcornmix Wrote: can you turn off "Extract thumbnail and video information"
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos

Will try later and repot back later

Sorry should have mentioned this earlier - the log contained playback info for two movies, it was the one at 19:57:57 that had the playback issues.

Do you still think this maybe a bandwidth issue?
(2014-03-11, 16:24)robe1 Wrote: Do you still think this maybe a bandwidth issue?

It is an underrun/buffering issue. That is usually caused by insufficient bandwidth (e.g. network), but high CPU can also cause the same symptoms.

You have two suspicious things in log file.
One you have "Extract thumbnail and video information" enabled. It's recommended that is switched off on Pi, as it's a very expensive operation.
Second you have a broken SQL database setup:
Code:
19:56:55 1639.709595 T:2724197456   ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
                                            Query: INSERT INTO streamdetails (idFile, iStreamType, strVideoCodec, fVideoAspect, iVideoWidth, iVideoHeight, iVideoDuration, strStereoMode) VALUES (529,0,'mpeg2video',NaN,0,0,6500,'')

which means instead of each file being "extracted" once, it happens every time you play it, because the extracted data couldn't be stored.
(2014-03-11, 16:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 16:24)robe1 Wrote: Do you still think this maybe a bandwidth issue?

It is an underrun/buffering issue. That is usually caused by insufficient bandwidth (e.g. network), but high CPU can also cause the same symptoms.

Hi popcornmix

You were spot on ... turns out to be a dodgy network cable between switches. Replaced it and all is working ok with the latest build

Thanks for your help ....
OpenElec 4 beta 1 and today's beta 2 give me no sound at all when having audio passthrough enabled. This happens for DTS as well as AC3. OpenElec 3.2 worked fine.
I've got the settings (passthrough, dts capable, ac3 capable) enabled in the general audio settings.

If I have passthrough enabled before play a movie the movie will start to play with no sound as all. When I disable passthrough in the audio settings during video playback the sound is fine again but if I enable passthrough (again) during playback the movie will freeze all together, resuming again when I disable passthrough again.
(2014-03-15, 17:16)Forage Wrote: OpenElec 4 beta 1 and today's beta 2 give me no sound at all when having audio passthrough enabled. This happens for DTS as well as AC3. OpenElec 3.2 worked fine.
I've got the settings (passthrough, dts capable, ac3 capable) enabled in the general audio settings.

If I have passthrough enabled before play a movie the movie will start to play with no sound as all. When I disable passthrough in the audio settings during video playback the sound is fine again but if I enable passthrough (again) during playback the movie will freeze all together, resuming again when I disable passthrough again.

No immediate ideas. Does Milhouse's newclock3 build have the same problem?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1653066
Two other findings so far using OE beta1 and beta2, compared to OE 3.2:

When using the (CEC) TV remote for navigating, actions are often applied twice. E.g. press down in a list once and it will move down two steps.

UPnP "Play using..." to my TV does not work. THE one thing I was after... I've enabled UPnP device discovery in the settings and the "Play using..." context menu lists my TV. Though when selecting it, it does nothing. Playback does not start I and just get returned to the list as if nothing happened.
(2014-03-15, 17:24)Forage Wrote: When using the (CEC) TV remote for navigating, actions are often applied twice. E.g. press down in a list once and it will move down two steps.

I'd suggest a report here:
https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues
Include a debug log that includes a double step.
(2014-03-15, 17:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 17:16)Forage Wrote: If I have passthrough enabled before play a movie the movie will start to play with no sound as all. When I disable passthrough in the audio settings during video playback the sound is fine again but if I enable passthrough (again) during playback the movie will freeze all together, resuming again when I disable passthrough again.

No immediate ideas. Does Milhouse's newclock3 build have the same problem?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1653066

That build results in the same when using the default player. When using the dvdplayer the movie starts playing in the background (still showing the library in front) and sound is nothing but a terrible loud hissing noise.
(2014-03-15, 18:02)Forage Wrote: That build results in the same when using the default player. When using the dvdplayer the movie starts playing in the background (still showing the library in front) and sound is nothing but a terrible loud hissing noise.

Not seem any other reports of passthrough not working in recent builds. Can you post a debug log?
Make and model of TV and receiver?
(2014-03-15, 18:06)popcornmix Wrote: Not seem any other reports of passthrough not working in recent builds. Can you post a debug log?
Make and model of TV and receiver?

I hope I got this right (followed steps): http://pastebin.com/H5pHiK6T

I removed the first part of the XBMC log because this post was getting too long. It starts at the point where I enabled logging in XBMC. I also remove quite a lot of repeating ffmpeg errors (snips at "...").

My TV is a Panasonic VIERA G30, which I also use as the passthrough receiver.
(2014-03-15, 18:44)Forage Wrote: I hope I got this right (followed steps): http://pastebin.com/H5pHiK6T

Use xbmclogs.com in future and post the complete log.
ffmpeg doesn't like that file, so it's hard to say if that's causing an issue.
Can you play a file that doesn't produce all the ffmpeg errors and post a log. Playing with omxplayer is probably better as dvdplayer is still experimental.
The same results, in terms of audio issues, can be seen with different files, not just this one. The log also includes me trying omxplayer first, followed by dvdplayer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec RPi v3.95.1 bug thread?0