Use libmmbd (MakeMKV) to play Blu rays on Windows
(2018-02-04, 11:44)afedchin Wrote: The "fix" above fixes the crash but breaks BD-J menus. @Ace will correct me if I'm wrong
 Just tried it. Confirming that it fixes the crash and main title can be played, but BD-J menus are no longer working. If I want to display the BDJ-menu from the respective dialog that pops up after a disk was inserted, the main title will be played.
That's right. We use the current access method to make thinks work over our various protocols, e.g., nfs, smb...
(2018-02-09, 13:03)Ace Wrote: That's right. We use the current access method to make thinks work over our various protocols, e.g., nfs, smb...
 Hi Ace,

Could you provide some pointers to an explanation of the inner workings of Kodi's file system?

It's not that easy to get a conceptual picture of what's going on just by reading the code and the sparse imbedded comments. It would help the community come up with suggestions for good fixes for problems if the details of the way things are supposed to work was available online.

I did find this very short explanation https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...3#pid79243, but more would be helpful. If Spiff's post could be expanded and updated, that would be great!

dgktkr
Hello,

there is a reply from the makemkv developer in the Makemkv Forum.

Is there a chance to fix this in a convenient for both sides? I would like to help here but my knowledge of libbluray and kodi in this point is more than limited.

Joniw
@Ace for your information ^^
Hello, thanks for the tips ! Smile

I would like play my BD (Accel World Disc 3, disc 1 and 2 work) with Kodi but it doesn't work ("This Blu-ray disc (or file) is encrypted and can't be played."). MakeMkv can rip this disc, so, I follow your guide but it's still not working.
Any help please ? Smile
Hello,

is there any progress planned to make Kodi work with makemkv/libmmbd again? Or do we have any alternative to makemkv/libmmdb to play blurays with current kodi?

Joniw
(2018-08-18, 15:55)joniw Wrote: Hello,

is there any progress planned to make Kodi work with makemkv/libmmbd again? Or do we have any alternative to makemkv/libmmdb to play blurays with current kodi?

Joniw
 Hello,

with Makemkv version 1.14.0 Bluray is working again with Kodi.

with regards

Joniw
Set this up today and its working great.

(I'm using Win7, Krypton and MakeMKV 1.14.2)
Hi,
@joniw & @tree_and_kite How did you make it work ?
I have tried to follow the explanations in the first post: rename and copy the libmmbd.dll file from MakeMKV to Kodi system folder in different locations kodi folder and system\players\dvdplayer.
But I always have an error message in Kodi saying that the disc is encrypted and could not be read…

I am running Win10, MakeMKV 1.14.2, Kodi 18 RC5.2 with 64bit install.

Any ideas ?
Hello,

since Kodi 17 (i think) the libmmbd.dll (or libmmbd64.dll for 64 bit Kodi) has to be copied to the Kodi folder and not to system\players\dvdplayer.

As you are using Kodi 64 bit try copying libmmbd64.dll to the Kodi folder.

Joniw
I have tried with the kodi folder but should I rename the file as explained in the first post or keep the original name?
I haven't tried with the libmmbd64 though, I'll check
When using Kodi 64 bit, the file libmmbd64.dll must be used, but the name in the Kodi folder must be be libmmbd.dll.

Copying libmmbd64.dll to both files libaacs.dll and libbdplus.dll should also work.

Joniw
(2019-01-24, 01:22)joniw Wrote: When using Kodi 64 bit, the file libmmbd64.dll must be used, but the name in the Kodi folder must be be libmmbd.dll.

Copying libmmbd64.dll to both files libaacs.dll and libbdplus.dll should also work.

Joniw
Thank you very much. It's working perfectly now  Smile
I will now be able to remove PowerDVD which was not well integrated with Kodi  Confused
Two questions.

First, I have an issue where sometimes I need to restart windows to get kodi to play the Blu-Ray discs properly. Without the restart I'll get no sound and / or skipping with green lines. I figured this might be a decoder issue, but changing to software or vxda doesn't seem to solve this problem. A full restart of windows does. Just logging off and then back on again doesn't seem to fix this either.

Second, is there a way to speed up the read time on the discs? Kodi reads and plays, but it can take 2-3 minutes to read the disc and if I have a disc in when I start Kodi it hangs on splash screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use libmmbd (MakeMKV) to play Blu rays on Windows3