• 5(current)
Release Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview
I also have the same problem with one of the newer foscam hd camers, FI9826P. At a different location I have an older foscam, FI9805E which works fine with the plugin. I can post a log file in the future when I am at the location.
(2014-07-23, 22:53)WolvesPhil Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 13:09)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-06-29, 13:53)WolvesPhil Wrote: I am struggling to get this to connect using XBMC 13.1.

I am able to connect to the foscam test cameras in a web browser but in XBMC I get 'error connecting to camera, please check your network connection and the camera settings'

All I have changed in the addon is the IP / port / user and password
I've not been on the forums lately so have only just seen your post. I have just checked and I am able to connect using the XBMC 13.1. Can you post a log file?

Thanks - log file has been uploaded to
http://pastebin.com/waafZztp

Any help would be appreciated - I am able to connect to the computers through the web browser on a different PC.
Are the browser plugins needed for your plugin to run?
Nothing extra is required for the addon to run.

The camera is returning "Access denied". Can you double check you have the correct username and password?
Which camera model do you have?
Can you turn on "Verbose" logging in the advanced settings for the addon and post another log? You may need to manually remove the password from the log before you post it, or just change the password after you post it.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-07-24, 12:24)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 22:53)WolvesPhil Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 13:09)Leopold Wrote: I've not been on the forums lately so have only just seen your post. I have just checked and I am able to connect using the XBMC 13.1. Can you post a log file?

Thanks - log file has been uploaded to
http://pastebin.com/waafZztp

Any help would be appreciated - I am able to connect to the computers through the web browser on a different PC.
Are the browser plugins needed for your plugin to run?
Nothing extra is required for the addon to run.

The camera is returning "Access denied". Can you double check you have the correct username and password?
Which camera model do you have?
Can you turn on "Verbose" logging in the advanced settings for the addon and post another log? You may need to manually remove the password from the log before you post it, or just change the password after you post it.

Yes I will try this later - I am using the Foscam test cameras with the plugin as detailed in the first post as I will purchase one when I get this working Smile
The Foscam demo cameras only allow a certain number of users to connect at a time. Perhaps that's the problem.
Hello there. I just found this thread and I am super excited to get it running! I have a FI9831W that we will be using to watch our newborn that is due to arrive the second week of September.

I currently have the 2.11.1.10 firmware installed, have you been able to update the addon yet or should I downgrade? Which firmware version definitely works? You may want to keep different versions of the addon for different firmware.
(2014-08-20, 12:08)diedrichg Wrote: Hello there. I just found this thread and I am super excited to get it running! I have a FI9831W that we will be using to watch our newborn that is due to arrive the second week of September.

Smile It's been really useful for us to keep an eye on our little one while watching TV, especially with just the sound detection as she does wriggle a lot while sleeping! It would be nice if there was less lag from the feed but maybe the 9831 is better in that regard than the 9821.

(2014-08-20, 12:08)diedrichg Wrote: I currently have the 2.11.1.10 firmware installed, have you been able to update the addon yet or should I downgrade? Which firmware version definitely works? You may want to keep different versions of the addon for different firmware.

There's actually nothing I can do as the problem is with the camera firmware. The V-2.11.2.8_20140410 firmware works fine for me but it's not recommended to downgrade as it would leave you vulnerable to known attacks. I don't know the details but see here http://foscam.us/forum/2-11-1-10-firmwar...t9797.html

Back in June Foscam sent me a test patch which when applied to the latest firmware did fix the problems I was having, so that's what I'm currently running. I don't know whether this patch would also work for the 9831. I don't know why it is taking them so long to release a fixed firmware.
Hi,

I´ve seen this addon for the first time and as an owner of a Foscam FI9821W V2 I decide to install it from the repo (0.0.17 version) in my Raspberry Pi B running Openelec 4.0.7.

I´m in the same situation as many other users I´ve upgraded the firmware of my IP Cam some time ago.

System Firmware Version: 1.4.1.9
Application Firmware Version: 2.11.1.10
Plug-In Version: 3.0.0.1

So when I finished to configure the addon with the IP address and the username and pass of the cam I´m only getting the black screen.

The only thing that I can see are the arrow controls, screw icon and exit but. Just a couple of questions:

The arrow controls are mapped with the arrow controls of my TV remote?

The reason why I can´t use the screw icon is becase I can see the image of the cam? I ask you that because I don´t know how to reach to it.

I take this opportunity to say you thank you and congratulations for the work done in this addon..

Regards
I'm trying to install Foscam HD in XBMC 13.2 but couldn't. It says "Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on author"

Is there any extra setting I need to do?

thanks
I think I know what the problem is but I can't fix it until I'm back from holiday tomorrow. You could try manually installing script.module.requests
Hi Leopold, thanks again for your work! I posted before saying that I have the add-on installled on 2 different windows installations. One of them is working, one at another location which is not. I finally got a chance to look at the logs to see the specific problem and I saw a message "access denied". I realize this probably isn't a problem with the add-on but an issue with some other aspect of the installation. Of course I have double checked if not triple checked all the obvious stuff like username and password, ip address and port number, but I am kind of stuck on what to try next. I can access the camera just fine from a normal web browser. The model of the camera is FI9826P. Let me know if you have any ideas for things to try to get it working.
(2014-09-19, 07:27)vamana Wrote: I'm trying to install Foscam HD in XBMC 13.2 but couldn't. It says "Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on author"

thanks
This should be fixed now.
(2014-09-20, 22:40)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 07:27)vamana Wrote: I'm trying to install Foscam HD in XBMC 13.2 but couldn't. It says "Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on author"

thanks

Thanks, I'm able to install it. I see script failed error now. How can I see what is the problem. Sorry I'm new to addons, is there a location on my Windows PC that I can go to check on the logs?
(2014-09-22, 08:21)vamana Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 22:40)Leopold Wrote:

thanks

Thanks, I'm able to install it. I see script failed error now. How can I see what is the problem. Sorry I'm new to addons, is there a location on my Windows PC that I can go to check on the logs?

Sorry, found the log and the issue. My password contained '{' and the error was "unmatched '{' in format". Changed the password to a more tamed one and now I get "Access denied" message.

(2014-09-22, 08:37)vamana Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 08:21)vamana Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 22:40)Leopold Wrote: This should be fixed now.

Sorry, found the log and the issue. My password contained '{' and the error was "unmatched '{' in format". Changed the password to a more tamed one and now I get "Access denied" message.

Found out, the user should be an admin. The user I had initially was an operator and not an admin. Once I changed the user to admin, now everything works. Thanks for the awesome plugin!
(2014-09-22, 08:37)vamana Wrote: Found out, the user should be an admin. The user I had initially was an operator and not an admin. Once I changed the user to admin, now everything works. Thanks for the awesome plugin!

Yes I just confirmed this. I hadn't tested it with reduced privileges before but it does seem that you need to be an admin to get the status of the motion and sound alarms. I'll add this information to the error message and update the first post on this thread.

(2014-09-19, 22:48)sea3pea0 Wrote: Hi Leopold, thanks again for your work! I posted before saying that I have the add-on installled on 2 different windows installations. One of them is working, one at another location which is not. I finally got a chance to look at the logs to see the specific problem and I saw a message "access denied". I realize this probably isn't a problem with the add-on but an issue with some other aspect of the installation. Of course I have double checked if not triple checked all the obvious stuff like username and password, ip address and port number, but I am kind of stuck on what to try next. I can access the camera just fine from a normal web browser. The model of the camera is FI9826P. Let me know if you have any ideas for things to try to get it working.
Are you using a user account with admin privileges?
(2014-09-22, 08:37)vamana Wrote: Sorry, found the log and the issue. My password contained '{' and the error was "unmatched '{' in format". Changed the password to a more tamed one and now I get "Access denied" message.
Yes Foscam let us use all sorts of symbols in the password which cause different issues for Python and/or XBMC. I'll add a check for any characters which I know will cause a problem.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview1