• 1(current)
SMB shares with Windows Vista does not work
Question 
i had a share on my windows xp machine that had all of my tv shows shared through a smb share and it worked great. i now am testing out the windows vista v5342 32bit version on the same machine but i am not able to connect with xbmc through the same setup.

if anyone has any idea on how i would be able to stream my tv shows onto my xbox through xbmc with windows vista any and all help would be appreciated!
since vista is still in heavy beta development i would recommned going to vista boards and also asking about smb shares there.

smb is a popular choice, if it is not supported/working under the current vista build, im sure the vista community will be/have made a work around.

just a thought.
i'm also looking for some help with vista

i'm having the same problems Sad
i have same problem with windows vista build 5384

plz help
same here - i can access the internet, but when i try to logon to a shared folder... i get a username/password popup. if it were a bad setting, i think i would get a "can't connect to network error message" or something similar.

all the settings and permissions are the same as my xp os settings.

anyone find a solution yet?

washy
since they have tightened security in vista.. there are alot that can go wrong..

file permissions may be off.
share permissions.
guest account might be disabled
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm experiencing the same problems.. Sad
worked perfectly with xp, but now i cant connect, just username and password "popup"
i tried setting password to my windows vista user, but still no go.
gonna try enabling guest account now.. see if that works.

correct me if i' wrong, but enabling the guest account with the right permission's to a share just lets you login without a user/pass. which doesn't work in vista either.

so guest enabled - smb://computername/share
guest disabled - smb://username:password@ip/share/
nothing works Sad
has anyone tried asking here on the pronetworks forum.

cheers b4tm4n.
has anyone found a solution or work around for this yet?

the guys that were having this problem did you end up going back to xp?

thanks
Sad 
having the same problem i searched the net;

vista comes with a major revision of the smb protocol identified as smb 2.0.

from the article at

http://blogs.msdn.com/chkdsk/archive/200...48787.aspx

i don't know if it helps, but there must be a way to make vista to accept *something*??

thanks, goblin
i gave up with smb, but the program ccxgui_1.41 worked without any problems.
thanks, i'll give that a try 'til they (m$Wink fixes smb in vista.

i did some further testing and since a simple "map network drive" fails which i hace done a thousand times... i think it's reasonably safe to say it's vista that has the problem for now! Smile

//goblin
(washy @ june 10 2006,17:19 Wrote:i gave up with smb, but the program ccxgui_1.41 worked without any problems.
i have the same probs with smb & vista

but what does this program (ccxgui_1.41v) do? can i connect in xbmc to my shares on any other way with vista?

greetz
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares with Windows Vista does not work2