• 32(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
[quote='Netix' pid='1673738' dateline='1396721083']
Are you guys able to run the Aeon Nox skin smoothly?

Aeon runs great on SPMC, crashes on XBMC for Ouya
I'm running 12.3.3 SPMC now.

Initially I had stuttering on 1080 files over wifi. Switched to ethernet cable and now there is no stuttering at all.

The only thing that I'm missing is my DTS audio is not making it through. Not sure why as I'm sure it's supposed to but it's being converted to regular stereo output somewhere along the way.
(2014-04-05, 21:46)locust Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 21:19)MediaPi Wrote: seems like Amazon Fire Tv will be what Ouya promised BUT better. In 2 days you got smooth playback of 1080p. You should get a fund together to get a Fire Tv to Koying. Since it seems like this will be THE android box to go to for price/performance.

Imahine how fast development will be on this if Koying had a box to mess around with!!!

Everyone that wants an amazing experience on their Fire TV. Donate $1 to Koying.
Koying what is your donation account?

Did he ever respond to this?

I'd consider a donation

Koying are you listening?

OUYA Responds To Amazon 'Borrowing Their Model' With FireTV

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2...th-firetv/

Forbes: Will the OUYA in its new form be a competitor to Fire TV, or are there opportunities to work together?

Uhrman: OUYA is a gaming console first and foremost. Fire TV is a set top box with games an “added bonus.” There are certainly similarities, but for us, games are not simply an afterthought – they’re the whole point. And, with OUYA Everywhere, we are not focused on tying our games solely to our box. We will be on multiple devices.

What does OUYA make of the capabilities of Fire TV? What does OUYA do better, or what might you now need to improve on now?

I haven’t played with Fire TV’s yet so I can’t speak to their capabilities. Our focus remains on bringing innovative, inventive content to the TV from any creator — and gamers find great games.

What lessons should Amazon learn from OUYA, who has been in the space for a little while now?

Our focus is on building an open platform to bring great content to the TV. We are focused on providing developers the tools to do this easily and quickly and to help them find their community. Gamers want great games purpose built for the TV and we help them find them.

Do you believe the OUYA paved the way for this sort of thing and interest from larger companies, even if the box itself didn’t necessarily take off from a sales perspective?

Absolutely. When we first raised the idea of a new kind of console, people questioned our strategy. ‘How will you compete with the big players?’ they asked. Now, we see our vision borne out as big players like Amazon borrow our model.

How do you view all these devices/services including your own as a threat to traditional TV? Will these be the sorts of products that eventually erase cable?

The answer here is tied to content. Consumers will only drop cable if they are able to access the content they want without a traditional cable subscription. The industry is certainly moving in a direction but we’re not there yet.

Does OUYA look at traditional gaming as a competitor, or are services/devices like yours and Fire TV and entirely separate genre of gaming with little overlap to “regular” console and PC titles?

We offer something different from traditional consoles – an open platform where any developer can bring their content to the TV. We now have over 700 games (vast majority are free to try) and over 34,000 registered developers. We support early stage build of games (alpha and beta) and work closely with developers as they build and monetize their games. We provide access to our gamers for developers to talk with and engage. And, because OUYA is never final, it improves every month with added features and functions based directly on the feedback we receive from our community.

-

I think there was always a fear that the initial OUYA buzz would show that there was interest in this sort of device, but then a bigger company would come along with a lot more money and resources and overwhelm them.

While I think that it’s great that OUYA is focused on games alone for the most part, with the resources Amazon has, I don’t think that their game marketplace will be anything sub-par either. And I can understand why people would want a singular cheap box that was both an Android games system and something that could utilize hundreds of other non-gaming applications. It’s going to be a tough battle.

OUYA is trying to adapt in the current marketplace and they clearly struck a nerve with their original idea. Hopefully they will figure out a way to compete or coexist with a giant like Amazon, and be able to realize their games-centric vision more fully.
I asked him if i could get people to donate if he'd like one eariler this am - he said to hold off.. was hoping to get a hand full of people to donate 10 bux each, and have enough to cover the shipping to Belgium
I personally would love to see what gaming is like on the FireTV...
I'll be happy to donate if he has some sort of paypal account.
(2014-04-05, 21:48)DiegoMejia Wrote: [quote='Netix' pid='1673738' dateline='1396721083']
Are you guys able to run the Aeon Nox skin smoothly?

Aeon runs great on SPMC, crashes on XBMC for Ouya

Im running it on frodo on firetv
I just received one today morning. Tested XBMC-Frodo for Ouya with similar results as alluded to earlier in the thread. Lack of audio-passthrough is one major drawback I am noticing. It only allows Dolby Digital plus apparently - this could be a deal-breaker.
(2014-04-05, 22:41)fanofanne Wrote: I just received one today morning. Tested XBMC-Frodo for Ouya with similar results as alluded to earlier in the thread. Lack of audio-passthrough is one major drawback I am noticing. It only allows Dolby Digital plus apparently - this could be a deal-breaker.

cant you select dts passthrough? i can. did you try the apk i provided?
(2014-04-05, 21:54)MediaPi Wrote: Koying are you listening?
The guy's in Belgium. Let him enjoy his Saturday evening.
(2014-04-05, 22:43)DiegoMejia Wrote: cant you select dts passthrough? i can. did you try the apk i provided?
I presume the apk that you had listed on your xda page - that is what I used.

Yeah - all it does is produce an error on my receiver that says error decoding (my receiver does not do dolby digital plus but can do DTS). I selected the optical output in the audio settings with 5.1 selected. Pass through audio device is not available within xbmc (which i presume is expected)
(2014-04-05, 21:48)bnazza Wrote: I'm running 12.3.3 SPMC now.

Initially I had stuttering on 1080 files over wifi. Switched to ethernet cable and now there is no stuttering at all.

The only thing that I'm missing is my DTS audio is not making it through. Not sure why as I'm sure it's supposed to but it's being converted to regular stereo output somewhere along the way.

Try the xbmc for ouya version.
(2014-04-05, 22:50)fanofanne Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 22:43)DiegoMejia Wrote: cant you select dts passthrough? i can. did you try the apk i provided?
I presume the apk that you had listed on your xda page - that is what I used.

Yeah - all it does is produce an error on my receiver that says error decoding (my receiver does not do dolby digital plus but can do DTS). I selected the optical output in the audio settings with 5.1 selected. Pass through audio device is not available within xbmc (which i presume is expected)

So, you're trying to pass through via the optical output? I'm not entirely sure that works in XBMC for Android, anyway, as I really don't know of many Android devices with optical out in the first place.
Try passing the audio out via HDMI.
I have seen many people mentioning passing audio via optical - what is the advantage of this over audio through HDMI?
Quote:Try previously mentioned XBMC for OUYA 12.3.2. I linked to it earlier in the thread. That seems to yield the smoothest HD playback for now. That didn't drop any frames in my 1080p x264/DTS MKV test.

Downgraded to 12.3.2 (Ouya) and also am now hard-wired (no more WiFi). Still terrible performance.
My Onkyo amp is reporting 'DTS' after changing the audio output to 'HDMI' from the default 'Analog'

Are there settings that need changing that I missed somewhere?

My test video h264_1080p_hp_4.1_10mbps_dts_unstyled_subs_monsters:
http://youtu.be/7pn21da8g7c

720p Frozen seems to run mostly fine... only 2 dropped frames after 60 seconds.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10