• 81(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-13, 10:29)MediaPi Wrote: Has the foundation decided to let Koying recieve a FTV so future improvements can be made?
The foundation does not have to decide because I didn't ask for one Wink
As I already said, from a pure XBMC perspective, this is just another droid box, so if the problems can be solved with the help of the community, it's good enough.

Don't forget that all the goodies brought in by FTV are US-only. As an EU citizen, I cannot do more with the FTV than with any other box I already have...
I take heart at making the FTV a nice XBMC box because I'm pretty sure it will be widespread, so it's good for XBMC image Smile
Finally got spmc running great on my fire tv. Would i notice a huge difference in switching to the gotham build now?
(2014-04-13, 10:49)Koying Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 10:29)MediaPi Wrote: Has the foundation decided to let Koying recieve a FTV so future improvements can be made?
As I already said, from a pure XBMC perspective, this is just another droid box, so if the problems can be solved with the help of the community, it's good enough.

Don't forget that all the goodies brought in by FTV are US-only. As an EU citizen, I cannot do more with the FTV than with any other box I already have...
I take heart at making the FTV a nice XBMC box because I'm pretty sure it will be widespread, so it's good for XBMC image Smile
Thanks Koying for that clarification.
Its good to see how everyone is mucking in to help on this. great open community and this thread makes for good drama lol

I still feel as though I owe you a beer and I havnt even received my ftv yet. Can we get him a beer fund then? Lol
Is there no way to override the timezone settings in xbmc (running the gotham build). Running this in the UK, and the only time zone settings in the fireos are US ones (I know its only available in US, but that seems an odd thing to lock down). Am used to having timezone settings in xbmc settings section, but assume its just taking them from android?
Could someone do a

Code:
adb shell cat /system/etc/audio_policy.conf

and link the output, please.
(2014-04-13, 12:01)Apothis Wrote: Running this in the UK, and the only time zone settings in the fireos are US ones (I know its only available in US, but that seems an odd thing to lock down). Am used to having timezone settings in xbmc settings section, but assume its just taking them from android?

In the Netherlands, got this problem as well. Opened the Amazon settings apk, and those few time zones are hardcoded in the app, so looks that amazon doesn't have any outside US plans for now.

Sideloaded a default Android Setting apk, but switching time zones didn't stick, same as via adb shell setprop persist.sys.timezone, so think we'll need to wait for root access to make it stick.
hi,

wiki is misisng uninstall instructions

I am writting this simple bat file with 1 click installation of XBMC or any other app onto FireTV.

Can someone tell me how to do an uninstall through adp ?

i believe i need to know the package name for the following apk :
"XBMC", "SPMC", or "XBMC on OUYA

adp uninstall+re <package-name>

correct ?

anyone know the package names for the above once ? or where i can find it ? [/align]
(2014-04-13, 12:12)Koying Wrote:
Code:
adb shell cat /system/etc/audio_policy.conf

http://pastebin.com/0XvyHkCU
(2014-04-12, 22:41)n3on Wrote: Per Koying's instructions I've uploaded a sample file http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/51...e-avi.html

During xvid/divx playback there is an annoying stutter or jerkiness. It's very subtle but incredibly annoying if you try and actually watch a video with it. Especially noticeable during the panning sequence of the sample. It plays smoothly with an OUYA using MediaCodec and turning off stagefright.

Could others verify they are experiencing the same problem? Thank you!
Could some of you try @n3on sample and confirm/infirm a jitter, please.
(2014-04-13, 12:14)nero12 Wrote: wiki is misisng uninstall instructions

OUYA
Code:
adb uninstall tv.ouya.xbmc

SPMC
Code:
adb uninstall com.semperpax.spmc

XBMC
Code:
adb uninstall org.xbmc.xbmc
NVM i figured it out
(2014-04-13, 11:34)garvani Wrote:

I still feel as though I owe you a beer and I havnt even received my ftv yet. Can we get him a beer fund then? Lol

Maybe he doesn't drink maybe just a bills fund. I'd much rather have a shopping fund then beer.

Hes done an exceptional job upto now and is well deserved IMHO.

Also its evident that FTV can even overtake Raspberry Pi as the number hardware to run XBMC. Since it seems its the perfect balance between performance/price and can run netflix..Just look at how many new members this thread has gotten. And not just that each person is learning how to post a log and otherstuff.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and Koying amazing work for someone not even having the box at hand!! If the foundation wont award Koying I'm sure the community wont hesitate to get a fund together to send Koying a box. with the amount of people frenzying over he FTV it wont take much per person to achieve this. Come on I want to see the full capabilities of this box and Koying is the man that will take us there!!

Personally I thought the largest group of Xbmc was iOS? It use to be by far and it's much more polished then the android builds. Although since the atv3 can't be jailbroken it likely slowed iOS down. In all honesty never could get the pi. It's small and low power and not for the average person. If we could just get Netflix in HD on other droid boxes but right now only the FTV has it.
Since i like to include custom remote install on simple installer.

I need to know how to create a folder using adb ?
as i need to create the folders "userdata" and keymaps" as these wont be generated before first xbmc start.
please advice how to create a folder using adb client.
[

[/quote]

The guy you’re quoting is comparing the XBMC experience of the boxes, it was a well written being that his audience is an XBMC community. Root is handy but the device has only been out for 10 days, give it time. As for overclocking which might sound cool really, let’s be honest the firetv doesn’t need to be overclocked currently (maybe later but not currently) because their hardware is mostly top notch (not having gig nic is only drawback i can think of) you can’t play retro games? I have a PSX, psp, mame, n64 and super nintendo emulator running on my firetv. Sorry for that rant, just wanted to defend the firetv quickly but let’s get back on topic. I dont have a an x7 only a ouya, mojo, and a firetv and the firetv has not only had a working XBMC version the quickest out of the other two but it has the best response time from loading, skipping ahead and not crashing as much as other players. So my question for you is if you compared the x7 to the fire tv solely on XBMC experience who deserves the crown and why?
[/quote]
How did you get emulators on the box? And how do you control it? You can't use the USB port for mounting so where are your games?
The x7 is much better out if box with minix latest software. They really seem to listen to customers feedback. My only issue with FTV is what if amazon decides to lock it down at some point. Doubtful but who knows.
The FTv is polished mostly because it's not a standard stupid interface they custom designed the software for it. That is my biggest complaint about droid boxes. Apple took a mobile interface and made it great for the Apple TV. Android just ports over the tablet to box. So you have maps apps and browsers that think your mobile. You have so many issues and seems amazon is fixing that.
I would like to see a 16gb version too down the road because 8gb don't last long if you start running emulators and Xbmc and other apps.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10