• 187(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-05-23, 16:54)Apothis Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

Thanks. I'll check that out tonight.
(2014-05-23, 16:40)Trevis Wrote: If this isn’t a good place to post this question then I do apologize.

I have been a Windows Media Center user for almost 10 years now but I am in the process of trying to switch all of my HTPC use to the Fire. I have XBMC running and it’s mostly working very well. I have Digital Dolby and DTS audio working over the Spdif output, I have OTA/Live/PVR TV working via PVR.WMC / ServerWMC. Baring a few stability issues when channel changing it is working pretty well, (thanks a lot to all of the wonderful developers and contributors who have taken XBMC far)

The problem that I am experiencing that I haven’t been able to google a solution to occurs when attempting to play certain WTV files. Yesterday I spent some time fiddling with ServerWMC thinking that it was the likely culprit but I’ve concluded that, that isn’t very likely because the files that don’t play won’t play even when using the ‘Videos’ section of XBMC to play them directly.

I have hundreds of TV shows recorded and most of them play just fine but these ones that won’t play do something very odd. When you choose them, you get audio for a few seconds but never any video. And then, after maybe 10~20 seconds, the audio stops. If I choose to force the image to go full screen by manually selecting the full screen option my display is then filled little tiled images of the progress bar.

To make it even stranger, last night I had PVR.WMC/ServerWMC/WMC setup to record the news. XBMC saw that the news was being recorded but when I tried to start watching the broadcast in progress I realized that this file was going to be one of those bad ones. (Audio for a few seconds, no video, and eventually it stops playing) but what was different this time is that since the recording was in progress I was able to select an option to start playback at the current time, 20 minutes into the broadcast, and that worked! The file started playing normally. I just hit rewind and watched it from the beginning. After the broadcast was over, I tried playing it from the beginning using PVR.WMC (and later by directly clicking the WTV file from the ‘Videos’ section of XBMC) and it would not over. Just the same error, a few seconds of audio, no video and eventually it just stops playing.
  • Here is a summary of mysetup.
  • Amazon Fire TV (HDMI video, Spdif audio)
  • Windows 8.1 + Windows Media Center
  • ServerWMC
  • HDHomeRun dual tuner
  • XBMC 13.0 (latest stable release, not beta)

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a work around? I guess that this weekend I can try to see if the beta builds improve the situation. I’m new to XBMC, Android and the Fire TV but I’m fairly technically savvy. Is there an error log that I can get to on the device that might help?

I have a very similar setup with Windows 7 and serverWMC with an Ceton Infinitv4. I have not experienced these problems, but I have had a few scenarios where wtv files would kick off audio but no video. I found that neither libstage or mediacodec worked very well so I just turned on hardware acceleration and turned off both mediacodec and libstage. After doing that everything has been working as expected.
(2014-05-23, 17:15)jjhtpc Wrote: I have a very similar setup with Windows 7 and serverWMC with an Ceton Infinitv4. I have not experienced these problems, but I have had a few scenarios where wtv files would kick off audio but no video. I found that neither libstage or mediacodec worked very well so I just turned on hardware acceleration and turned off both mediacodec and libstage. After doing that everything has been working as expected.
That sounds worth a try.
As far as I know, if you turn on hardware accel, but deselect both methods, then that would be the same as turning off hardware accel, so you'd just be using software anyway
(2014-05-21, 19:25)badnaam Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 07:54)nickr Wrote: I am pretty sure that you should set 'number of channels' to 2.0. Certainly not 3.1.

Reason: s/pdif (the technical term for 'optical') carries a maximum of 2.0 pcm channels. Multichannel formats are carried as compressed streams - either AC3 (ie Dolby Digital) or DTS. But the compressed formats are carried within the 2.0 PCM channels - if that makes sense.

So try 2.0, or try 5.1.

I tried both 2.0 and 5.1. Same result, loud static.

Interestingly the receiver recognizes the signal as DD or DTS.

Anyone?
Has anyone gotten dropbox or any other share to work with xbmc/firetv? That would be great. I would like to share video files with my wife so she does not have to struggle.
(2014-05-23, 19:34)navigates Wrote: Has anyone gotten dropbox or any other share to work with xbmc/firetv? That would be great. I would like to share video files with my wife so she does not have to struggle.

XDA says yes. Not sure if you need a keyboard/mouse or not.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2756608
(2014-05-23, 17:36)Apothis Wrote: As far as I know, if you turn on hardware accel, but deselect both methods, then that would be the same as turning off hardware accel, so you'd just be using software anyway
I see what you're saying. I guess i can at least try switching methods to see if it has any impact. I hadn't seen the codec settings in XBMC yet. I'll also try to get an error log tonight if i can't resolve it.
(2014-05-23, 20:04)sspectre Wrote:
(2014-05-23, 19:34)navigates Wrote: Has anyone gotten dropbox or any other share to work with xbmc/firetv? That would be great. I would like to share video files with my wife so she does not have to struggle.

XDA says yes. Not sure if you need a keyboard/mouse or not.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2756608

looks good. I'll check it out tonight. I believe dbmc is the better option. The google play version will need the application to be up? That also may be fine if you can have Llama start dropbox run. Dont' know yet but thinking out loud.
(2014-05-22, 19:42)kalikid021 Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 18:35)kalikid021 Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 22:05)kalikid021 Wrote: After switching to Gotham from Frodo, I am seeing audio delay issues, and it's not of the kind in which I can set a global audio sync change. Some videos are need adjustment to the negative direction, and others to the positive direction. Another thing I have noticed is that I have no ability to make settings changes to hardware/software decoding, or codec. The settings are greyed out, in both versions.

Any advice?

Anybody?

I'm a little more than butt-hurt with this forum. I've been helping and answering questions in this thread since it started, I'm asking for a little guidance, a direction even, and nobody seems to want to bother helping me. It's a bit lame, and unfortunate.
(2014-05-23, 20:25)kalikid021 Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 18:35)kalikid021 Wrote: Any advice?

Anybody?

I'm a little more than butt-hurt with this forum. I've been helping and answering questions in this thread since it started, I'm asking for a little guidance, a direction even, and nobody seems to want to bother helping me. It's a bit lame, and unfortunate.

Dude, this is the most active thread in the forums right now by several orders of magnitude. It's grown by 5 pages in the last 2 days. And other people have mentioned audio sync issues. So it's not like anyone is intentionally ignoring you.

But if you're having audio sync issues of different amounts and in different directions, I wouldn't think it would be an issue with XBMC itself or with the FTV. If you have multiple different video sources, check to see if you're getting similar delays for each source. I don't think there are per-source settings so I don't know that it would actually help you solve the problem, but at least it would help you identify it. But if you're having different sync problems with different videos, my first guess would be the problems are video-specific.
(2014-05-14, 18:35)kalikid021 Wrote: Any advice?

Anybody?

Although I don't think I can offer much help but I too saw a little hear and there with audio sync but its very minor. Havent paid attention to it. I use the passthrough through the bose lifestyle v35.DTS works just fine. I'm using a beta version of gotham. It works well so I have not mucked around with it.

(2014-05-23, 20:34)who.is.matt Wrote:
(2014-05-22, 19:42)kalikid021 Wrote: Anybody?

Dude, this is the most active thread in the forums right now by several orders of magnitude. It's grown by 5 pages in the last 2 days. And other people have mentioned audio sync issues. So it's not like anyone is intentionally ignoring you.

But if you're having audio sync issues of different amounts and in different directions, I wouldn't think it would be an issue with XBMC itself or with the FTV. If you have multiple different video sources, check to see if you're getting similar delays for each source. I don't think there are per-source settings so I don't know that it would actually help you solve the problem, but at least it would help you identify it. But if you're having different sync problems with different videos, my first guess would be the problems are video-specific.

From my observation, I have the Intel NUC i5 windows 7 and the firetv. The Intel NUC has gotham beta and for the same video I don't see the audio sync issue. With FireTV Its Sliiiightly off. Its almost so slight that I can miss it if I don't notice it closely. both go through the same bose lifestyle.
(2014-05-21, 04:05)dukester Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 02:51)who.is.matt Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 23:39)ahoslc Wrote: What's weird is when I watch videos from the web streaming they seem fine. I am using wifi but it's literally right next to it.

I've noticed this 250ms delay on both my FTV and Ouya, so I think it's an Android thing. I've gotten so used to it that I don't pay attention to which videos or streams are affected. But I think you might be right that only local has the delay. I don't remember having to change the audio delay for YouTube videos or other streams.

No sync issues with local media here using Gotham 13, pass through to denon avr is working fine. Even tested hdmi to TV and optical pass through from TV to receiver, shows no lag here. I think most sync issues come from audio equipment.

Unless your definition of "audio equipment" includes "any audio equipment including connecting directly to the TV" I don't think that's the case. I see similar sync issues on both the FTV and Ouya using both Frodo (SPMC) and Gotham. The FTV is connected directly to the TV, and I've tried the Ouya both connected directly to the TV and connected through the home theater system. I didn't notice any such audio sync issues when using a RPi or my Linux laptop. In my experience, Android devices seem to pretty consistently have a minor audio delay when streaming videos over the local network, at least using NFS (since that's all I use), and at least when playing h264/aac/mp4 videos (which is the majority of my video collection).
another splash screen if anyone is interested

splash.png
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2014-05-23, 00:31)mediumdry Wrote: I just set up my Fire TV and it's almost perfect for me... there are only a few niggles, some to do with XBMC, some with the Fire TV.
First, volume doesn't work. It's known, but I wish it was fixed already. Does anyone know what needs to be done to get this working? I remember a similar issue being there for the Apple TV 2, maybe the same fix can be worked on? Oddly enough, the amplification does work, so we can make the sound louder, just not less loud.

[ ]

As soon as the volume issue is fixed I'll move over, especially since my wife loves the style of the remote. Smile

The normal volume doesn't work but the volume amplification does lower and raise the volume. I posted the xml file somewhere in this thread. It's identical to the Ouya issue.

Philip
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10