• 13(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
I am getting a lot of clicks from dvdplayer in a usb audio device with both movies and music files.

I tried a test wav file with nothing but a 100Hz sine wave and still got clicks. It works perfectly in paplayer.
I saw in the log that dvdplayer forces resampling to 48KHz so i made a wav file at 48K to test cpu loading. It still clicks.
It definitely seems to be an issue with dvdplayer. Any ideas on a solution?
(2014-04-30, 21:09)carmenm Wrote: @MilhouseVH: i have a question about your xbmc builds. Do you build TexturePackager? Could you package the TexturePackager with it?
It appears that skin are A LOT faster when compiled. I would like to automate that on my pi but i would need TexturePackager for that.

Thanks

I won't be adding extra packages (regex is an exception to this rule as it was added for a very specific short-term purpose and will be removed again soon-ish).

If you care about long term support for your favourite package, feature or driver, request the OpenELEC developers for the addition of support in the base OpenELEC build, that way everyone building an OpenELEC derived system "wins".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-30, 12:59)whiffyfuzzball Wrote: devel-20140401220047-r18074-gfa2d8e0 not OK.

Downloading http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/MilhouseVH/...a2d8e0.tar now but only getting 2kb/sec so could be a while...

OK, that one fails too so the last one to work is 30/03.

One thing I have noticed - once it has paused, ssh'ing in and doing something such as running top is enough to start it again. Could it be something related to power saving?

Next I will try playing from USB, then with the USB remote disconnected.

Anything else I can try to help debug?

Thanks,

Paul
(2014-04-15, 20:03)MilhouseVH Wrote: XBMC "master" is now, with the release of RC1 on 27 Apr, once again open for non-Gotham commits. This means there is likely to be a lot of activity in the coming weeks following the 6 months of feature freeze. There will be breakage, but also some interesting changes that will be well worth testing (eg. move to the latest ffmpeg).
Anyone aware of any specific benefits from ffmpeg 2.2 over 1.2?
(2014-05-01, 00:39)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 21:09)carmenm Wrote: @MilhouseVH: i have a question about your xbmc builds. Do you build TexturePackager? Could you package the TexturePackager with it?
It appears that skin are A LOT faster when compiled. I would like to automate that on my pi but i would need TexturePackager for that.

Thanks

I won't be adding extra packages (regex is an exception to this rule as it was added for a very specific short-term purpose and will be removed again soon-ish).

If you care about long term support for your favourite package, feature or driver, request the OpenELEC developers for the addition of support in the base OpenELEC build, that way everyone building an OpenELEC derived system "wins".
So right now TexturePackage wont build for OpenELEC, right? It s not such a big deal to be honest as i can build it on osx and prepare the skins there. But in the future, you are right it would great for everyone!
Thanks
@allan87 one new feature would be h265, but as its software decoding only atm (AFAIK) it won't work on the pi.
(2014-04-30, 21:36)primaeval Wrote: I am getting a lot of clicks from dvdplayer in a usb audio device with both movies and music files.

I tried a test wav file with nothing but a 100Hz sine wave and still got clicks. It works perfectly in paplayer.
I saw in the log that dvdplayer forces resampling to 48KHz so i made a wav file at 48K to test cpu loading. It still clicks.
It definitely seems to be an issue with dvdplayer. Any ideas on a solution?

Just want to chime in and say I'm having a similar problem. I'm using my USB sound card in digital mode, and there are glitches in the sound every couple of seconds.

I've been updating to the latest build, hoping someone else had figured it out and resolved it. One thing I can say with some certainty is that it isn't an issue with the CPU getting overwhelmed, nor the cache running empty. I removed my USB wifi dongle and played off the ethernet port with the same result, so it doesn't seem to be the USB bus getting overwhelmed either.

Also tried enabling passthrough, seemed to make the issue even worse: instead of glitches, it cuts to silence for 1/2 second or so.

I'd welcome a recommendation of what else to try!
(2014-05-01, 09:34)da-anda Wrote: @allan87 one new feature would be h265, but as its software decoding only atm (AFAIK) it won't work on the pi.

Well technically it should work using dvdplayer on the Pi, but as the CPU required is much higher than h.264, I'd guess we wouldn't keep up with more than QVGA, so it's only of academic interest.

With ffmpeg 2.2 we can drop some performance patches from newclock3 that have made it upstream.
There presumably will be bug fixes and may be performance improvements.
(2014-05-01, 09:56)RandyOo Wrote: Just want to chime in and say I'm having a similar problem. I'm using my USB sound card in digital mode, and there are glitches in the sound every couple of seconds.

These are likely USB issues rather than xbmc issues. Probably worth following this thread:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...28&t=70437
That is a useful link about usb crackles. It's not just me.
Some people are having luck with some boot parameters to turn the usb speed down and disable the FSM.
Is there a way to add /boot/cmdline.txt options in OpenElec, as it is a read-only file system?
(2014-05-01, 12:54)primaeval Wrote: That is a useful link about usb crackles. It's not just me.
Some people are having luck with some boot parameters to turn the usb speed down and disable the FSM.
Is there a way to add /boot/cmdline.txt options in OpenElec, as it is a read-only file system?

cmdline.txt is on the FAT partition, so can be edited by inserting the sdcard in a windows (or mac/linux) PC.
(2014-05-01, 12:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 09:56)RandyOo Wrote: Just want to chime in and say I'm having a similar problem. I'm using my USB sound card in digital mode, and there are glitches in the sound every couple of seconds.

These are likely USB issues rather than xbmc issues. Probably worth following this thread:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...28&t=70437

Yep, looks like you're right. I found this:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/575

Looks like the USB dev is on top of it, hopefully will be fixed soon!
Adding dwc_otg.speed=1 to cmdline.txt worked for me. No crackles.
But I can't use any usb keyboards now so I wired up a lirc ir receiver and it works with an mce remote for a quick fix.
I am avidly following https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/575 for a full fix too.
(2014-04-29, 00:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 23:56)SSC_Jarod Wrote: I watch a strange behaviour in 3D picture quality since the release from 30th March r18050.
In this release the 3D Picture Quality is suberp smooth and sharp and it looks like you watch a non 3D movie in 1080p very clear. In the following releases i have particly slow downs, like there were a lot of frame drop and the picture Quality itself, has lost the smoothness and sharpness of the 30th March buld. Looks like sometimes unsharpen to me and after a little time my eyes react to 3D picture in not a good way Wink

Two friend of mine with also rasp, did confirm that and are stuck on that build. Is there something changed in the Settings that we must switch on/off since that release? Or can someone take a look at 3D Pic Quality from that build an e.g. The newest one?

Can you confirm that #0330 was the last good build and that #0401 was bad?
It doesn't look like anything relevant changes at that point. If you are not sure, can you test to find the first bad build?

Hi,
As it rains today on may 1st Wink i had some time testing....

Looks like youre right it has nothing to do with the builds. I tried several an picture quality was ok.
Did a clean new install from your tesbuilds and on another card a install of B7 of open Elec official.
Can it be that some xml files in userdata witch hasnt had the owner "root" can effect this, cause xbmc cannot change them, caus the owner was me, cause i copied this files from a backup on my linux server?

The only thing that doesnt go away are the slow downs in 3D Movies. But i focus it to i reason i think. If i switch in video settings to "ask me" for 3D mode, THEN this effect comes e.g. Every 2-3 minutes, but if i choose preferred mode, then this effects doesnt show up. This effect stays on Testbuilds and on official B7 of OpenElec.

Greets J.
(2014-05-01, 12:22)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 09:34)da-anda Wrote: @allan87 one new feature would be h265, but as its software decoding only atm (AFAIK) it won't work on the pi.

Well technically it should work using dvdplayer on the Pi, but as the CPU required is much higher than h.264, I'd guess we wouldn't keep up with more than QVGA, so it's only of academic interest.
That's why I simplified it with "not working" Smile
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8