• 17(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-05-05, 12:39)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Until now i havent in my as.xml the HZs, only my database. And it worked so far until the last build.
Can you please post yours so i look and can try?!

You don't need any special as.xml settings to make this work.
Make sure you are not forcing a hdmi mode in config.txt and you have "adjust display refresh to match video" in settings.
You might want to delete guisettings.xml then enable "adjust display refresh to match video" in settings just in case there's any bad settings in there.

If still a problem then post a debug (with debug enabled) log to xbmclogs.com.
(2014-05-05, 13:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 12:39)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Until now i havent in my as.xml the HZs, only my database. And it worked so far until the last build.

Make sure you are not forcing a hdmi mode in config.txt and you have "adjust display refresh to match video" in settings.
You might want to delete guisettings.xml then enable "adjust display refresh to match video" in settings just in case there's any bad settings in there.

Ok, thx i will test it after work Smile "adjust display..." Is alwas on, so i delete the guisettings.xml and take a look in my config.txt. Wink

Greetz,
j.
(2014-05-05, 13:16)SSC_Jarod Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 13:05)popcornmix Wrote:

Ok, thx i will test it after work Smile "adjust display..." Is alwas on, so i delete the guisettings.xml and take a look in my config.txt. Wink

Greetz,
j.

Hi,

Ok deleting the guisettings had worked, all movies are correct now. Thx for the tip Wink
Only thing doesnt work is to calibrate the screen. After reboot screen is back to a little overscan, like i ve never calibrate the screen.

Thx and greetz,
J.
(2014-05-05, 18:17)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Only thing doesnt work is to calibrate the screen. After reboot screen is back to a little overscan, like i ve never calibrate the screen.

Same here, since a couple of builds ago...
anybody else having issues with hot plugging a USB HID? In my case the PI is freezing when I plug my Nyxboard USB dongle. IIRC this worked fine before, so could it be related to the new USB driver?
Sorry ,,, this belongs not to the thread,.... But i want it to share with you for a little laughter... Microsoft?.Huh
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mc9w9fnrvwn57...4%2041.png

This article appears in Cnet... It was changed a couple of minutes ago.... In the right way Wink

If xbmc was really from M$ ... Than they had once in a lifetime a really good piece of Software Rofl

Have a nice day,
J.
hahaha Smile
(2014-05-04, 18:17)tuxen Wrote: What kinda D8000 model do you have? Mine is UE55D8000 LED.
But again they run the same firmware.. I'm afraid i'm just as lost as you. Sad

edit: Mine has a small v2 in the end.
My friend has one without the v2, Will ask him but think he would have said something.

sought and found .It work now

Changing of the source of xbmc from HDMI1 to HDMI3 very strange

thank you tuxen for thinking cheers
I see openelec 4 has been released. If I wanted to stay on Gotham for compatibility sake (because of my other xbmc installations), which would be the recommend one to stay on.. one of the gotham millhouse builds or the final openelec? I'm specifically asking in terms of some of the performance patches loaded in these builds.
The final version of openelec should have pretty much all the performance improvements from milhouse builds.
(faster channel switching for mpegts/PVR is about the only performance patch missing).

So, I'd recommend trying that if you want a stable version.
My builds are now based on Helix not Gotham, and there's already been one bump to the music db version in Helix (46 -> 48) so if you want to stick with Gotham for the sake of compatibility then you definitely want to avoid my current builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-06, 17:37)tomtomclub Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 18:17)tuxen Wrote: What kinda D8000 model do you have? Mine is UE55D8000 LED.
But again they run the same firmware.. I'm afraid i'm just as lost as you. Sad

edit: Mine has a small v2 in the end.
My friend has one without the v2, Will ask him but think he would have said something.

sought and found .It work now

Changing of the source of xbmc from HDMI1 to HDMI3 very strange

thank you tuxen for thinking cheers

Ah.. Thats because HDMI1 is actually a DVI port. Smile
Btw. HDMI2 has ARC (audio return channel) so it's good for connecting a receiver. (with the correct cable)

Sorry for sidetracking the thread a bit..
(2014-05-06, 21:28)popcornmix Wrote: The final version of openelec should have pretty much all the performance improvements from milhouse builds.
(faster channel switching for mpegts/PVR is about the only performance patch missing).

So, I'd recommend trying that if you want a stable version.

Great.. will do just that as I don't use PVR.

Thanks for the awesome work popcornmix and millhouse.
I've just started configuring PVR on my rpi, with tvheadend installed on the pi.
Ive got some channels not working, though. They work just fine on the final Gotham for Windows, through.
Just to be 100% sure it's not related to the streaming, I've tried to record 10 minutes from a channel not working, and the pi will not play back the recording either. But it works fine in XBMC for windows, and VLC.

I can't remember how to get media info from the pi, so here's the info taken from VLC

Code:
Stream 0
    Type: Video
    Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
    Language: English
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Frame rate: 50
    Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1
    Type: Audio
    Codec: MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3 (mpga)
    Language: Danish
    Channels: Stereo
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Bitrate: 192 kb/s

Stream 2
    Type: Audio
    Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52 )
    Language: Danish
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz

I've bought an MPEG2 license to be able to watch SD channels, and most of them works.
It's mainly HD channles with multiple audio tracks that does not work.

Am I doing something wrong somewhereHuh[/code]
(2014-05-07, 19:53)freaktm Wrote: Just to be 100% sure it's not related to the streaming, I've tried to record 10 minutes from a channel not working, and the pi will not play back the recording either. But it works fine in XBMC for windows, and VLC.

What is gpu_mem set to? Should be at least 128M, but if you have a 512M board then try setting it to 256M to rule out a memory issue.

If you still can't play the file, can you upload it somewhere (e.g. google drive or dropbox) and I'll have a look.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8