• 46(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
@MilhouseVH @popcornmix

I must report some great news.
After a few days of testing with "OpenELEC_Helix-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140707052047-r18679-ge78d9de" and playing all kind of movies, i did not face any crash!
So the crashes i reported happening in builds "OpenELEC_Helix-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140619192050-r18622-g3f9dd58" are not happening anymore.
And i should mention that it was almost always happening!
I will report with a log if i see it again.

thanks for your amazing work
(2014-07-12, 09:34)da-anda Wrote: I tried to watch some LiveTV the other day with 0711 and also had a horrible async with enabled deinterlacer. Do you need further logs/samples to work on this issue?

You could try adding (to config.txt):
Code:
hvs_priority=0x32ff
Hi, I'm following this thread quite a time now and trying almost every of your builds. Recently I have some issues which you may help me with your expertise, I hope.
Since the last 6 builds I encounter choppy and async sound when a next track is being played. If I stop playback and start the episode manually sound is fine until next track. During the whole track xbmc is trying to resync but it doesn't succeed.
Also it seems that my TV screen is not used to the full 100% at the top approximately 1% remains black below the full content is beeing shown. Normally I recalibrate the screen under system -> video hardware but if I try the screen is fully calibrated ... It looks to me like HDMI is getting the wrong screen resolution of my TV or the pi is sending it wrong ...
I hope you can help me
Br
Michael
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0713
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.5 #1 PREEMPT Sun Jul 13 10:50:08 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul  5 2014 19:03:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version cb433d55f9f5b29b59968019e3b54802894af489 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140713104854-r18727-g5a42541

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5a42541, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f8f1432, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master 1.9.4 with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Enable zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See post #605 for config patch.
  • Includes PR5025: [addons] fix addon settings not showing up (lsep, sep)
Build Highlights:

WARNING - Database schema upgrades: videodb (87 -> 88) and TV/PVR (24 -> 25)
PR5025 is a fix for PR4971 where the sep/lsep controls were no longer being created (@Mafarricos)
  1. OpenELEC:
    • e2fsprogs: update to e2fsprogs-1.42.11
    • libgcrypt: update to libgcrypt-1.6.1
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr] add optional support for playing recordings from epg timeline or epg osd (PR:3900, 6 commits, 20 files changed)
    • [videodb] some tvshow linked tables (e.g. seasons) weren't cleaned (PR:5006, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videodb] Fix MySQL breakage when cleaning up path table during video library clean (PR:5007, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Relax tv show matching for names without season (PR:4966, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [videoinfoscanner] re-use fasthash if possible (PR:4965, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Remove some unused code, reuse existing methods, and remove duplicate logging (PR:3957, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • list enabled repositories in enabled add-ons (PR:4937, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [md5] have getDigest() return a std:Confusedtring to simplify the caller code (PR:5009, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
    • Switch 'dateadded' for tvshows to MAX(episodes.dateAdded) (PR:5016, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Don't import namespaces header files (PR:4532, 1 commit, 35 files changed)
    • [pvr] unify channel settings with other video items (PR:4783, 9 commits, 16 files changed)
    • [Cleanup] Remove some old unused Xbox references and code. (PR:4909, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [win32] cmake: make sure to run Release builds
    • update .gitignore
    • [addons] fix crash when launching an add-on installed locally (i.e. not from a repo) from the addon info dialog
    • [addons] set Addon.Installed if m_localAddon is available, not if m_addon is available (as that's addons in a repository)
    • [guilib] remove dead code
    • [pvr] fix build (missing namespace)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Pr5025 seems to fix problem with sep, lsep and action. All seem very nice now!
For a long time I've had a problem searching, skipping, or jumping ahead in movies with DTS-HD sound. It either does not skip or skips ahead very small amounts limited just to what has filled in the cache. Another wierd thing is when stoppng playback of these movies if one were to try to resume playback it would fail and start from the beginning making it impossible to go back to where you left off in the movie without having to watch the movie from the beginning...

I've gone back through some of the test builds posted and even the earliest one has this problem. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem for me if any other information is required please ask I'm more then willing to help get this issue sorted out. I cant be the only one?

http://pastebin.com/FTjQYSbk

This log shows the playback of two movies having this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igpt6qhvx8dpxj...29-001.mkv

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgzmhnr7snxprt...29-001.mkv

Samples of some of the movies having the issue.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0714
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.5 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jul 14 00:35:13 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul  5 2014 19:03:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version cb433d55f9f5b29b59968019e3b54802894af489 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140714003359-r18727-g5a42541

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5a42541, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b0a9373, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Enable zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See post #605 for config patch.
  • Includes PR5025: [addons] fix addon settings not showing up (lsep, sep)
  • Includes PR5028: Fix for errors in log after fa9f662af783033c21f5f40f07b563fa843ae799
Build Highlights:

Rewrite of PVR window integration (PR4753). Unable to test this myself as I don't use PVR functionality, but anyone that does should give this a go.
  1. XBMC:
    • [pvr] Rewrite of PVR window integration (PR:4753, 12 commits, 73 files changed)
    • [RFC] Fix memleaks (PR:4944, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [pvr] workaround a deadlock if no pvr addons exist and you activate the pvr manager (PR:5004, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [tests] fixed md5 tests
    • [depends] drop duplicate DEPENDS_PATH specification in audioencoder Makefile
  2. newclock3:
    • [ResamplePi] Fix xbmc crash with usb audio when music file switched
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Anyone else having trouble with the last two builds and PVR? It seems to cause XBMC to crash right after startup, and the PVR manager/EPG guide information tries to load up. I can't figure out what's going on, and the xbmc log doesn't seem to show any errors. When I disable livetv, everything loads up fine.

The r18703 build has no problems.
(2014-07-14, 07:41)Huuh Wrote: Anyone else having trouble with the last two builds and PVR? It seems to cause XBMC to crash right after startup, and the PVR manager/EPG guide information tries to load up. I can't figure out what's going on, and the xbmc log doesn't seem to show any errors. When I disable livetv, everything loads up fine.

The r18703 build has no problems.

same here, its an xbmc issue as also occurs in windows...
Hi there - per the thread below, the pvr.wmc addon was recently updated. It sounds like miappa typically would handle compiling it for rpi as part of the raspbmc builds, but I hear he might be out.

Thoughts on how/who can help compile the latest pvr.wmc addon for rpi? Sorry to post something rapsbmc related on the OE thread, but hoping someone can help! More details below:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1752620
Hi milhouse, any chance to include this PR?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4990

Thanks
I'm also getting the XBMC crashing after loading EPG data problem as mentioned above. It's happened on the latest two releases. I'm not having any issue with the XBMC nightly build on windows - PVR all works fine on that.
(2014-07-14, 16:20)cyrils Wrote: I'm also getting the XBMC crashing after loading EPG data problem as mentioned above. It's happened on the latest two releases. I'm not having any issue with the XBMC nightly build on windows - PVR all works fine on that.

Can you ssh in before the crash and check dmesg after the crash? Anything about out of memory killer?

Can you point at the first Milhouse build with this problem? We can then check what the new commits were.
EPG crash could be due to addon api mismatch. Addon version bump happened a bit later than pvr window rewrite merge afaik.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-07-14, 16:45)vdrfan Wrote: EPG crash could be due to addon api mismatch. Addon version bump happened a bit later than pvr window rewrite merge afaik.

Good point. This went in this morning:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5012

and could be the fix needed.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8