• 49(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
I think "firmware: gpioman: Add support for configuring gpio from external blob file" broke my lightberry ambilight set. LEDs are only blue now and if I start hyperion top right corner only flickers, and nothing else happens.
(2014-07-17, 10:09)gandharva Wrote: I think "firmware: gpioman: Add support for configuring gpio from external blob file" broke my lightberry ambilight set. LEDs are only blue now and if I start hyperion top right corner only flickers, and nothing else happens.

So if you go back to the previous firmware (start.elf) but keep everything else the same, your ambilight works correctly?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I need to check. Simply installed old build yesterday, because i was in hurry. But imho this is the only commit that could create such behaviour.
You're most likely correct, just need to confirm it's definitely the firmware and not something else. If you're on the old firmware already you should just copy the SYSTEM and kernel.img from #0716 to your SD card - assuming it's a firmware issue, your ambilight should work fine. Then copy the #0716 firmware to the SD card, and again if it's a firmware issue the ambilight should stop working.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Currently at work. Will check in the evening and report back asap.
(2014-07-17, 09:43)da-anda Wrote: @Milhouse - yes, the installer script is creating such a small partition. Mine is also too small. Already had to increase it once and thought 200 MB would be sufficient - silly me Smile

Is there an easy way to expand the partition? Could the installer be changed to create a bigger partition in future to avoid this issue?
(2014-07-16, 06:37)gogu Wrote: OpenELEC Helix build: #0716 ,#0715b ,#0714b ,#0714

error IPTVSimple PVR-addon ;

07:10:47 579.732422 T:2798208080 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'PVR IPTV Simple Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.1', add-on API version '1.9.0'
07:10:47 579.732666 T:2798208080 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on PVR IPTV Simple Client, status = 6
07:10:47 579.732788 T:2798208080 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on PVR IPTV Simple Client, disabling it

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5053
(2014-07-17, 13:42)doveman2 Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 09:43)da-anda Wrote: @Milhouse - yes, the installer script is creating such a small partition. Mine is also too small. Already had to increase it once and thought 200 MB would be sufficient - silly me Smile

Is there an easy way to expand the partition? Could the installer be changed to create a bigger partition in future to avoid this issue?
Gparted is supposed to work, if you have a different linux system in which you can chuck you SD card. Do make a backup first just in case!

To have the installer (on linux) take care of it, change the following lines in create_sdcard:
Code:
parted -s "$DISK" unit cyl mkpart primary fat32 -- 0 16
# align the partition on 4mb boundary, starting at 132mb (132 % 4 == 0), which
# is right after the first partition
  parted -s "$DISK" mkpart primary ext2 -- 132MiB -2cyl

To the following to double the partition size (from 132 to 264MB):

Code:
parted -s "$DISK" unit cyl mkpart primary fat32 -- 0 32
# align the partition on 4mb boundary, starting at 264mb (264 % 4 == 0), which
# is right after the first partition
  parted -s "$DISK" mkpart primary ext2 -- 264MiB -2cyl

Using the installer will obviously wipe your complete SD card.
Thanks Forage, I was thinking more of having the updater change the partition size when it does the update but perhaps that's not possible. I can probably use gparted in Virtualbox.
If your 'storage' volume is on USB, you don't need the ext4 'storage' partition on the card, so you don't need to format with UNIX/Linux tools.

You can just format a/the SD card with a FAT32 'system' partition of whatever size you want, and restore the files from your existing 'system' partition.
With your Builds Wlan not working ! I use TL-WN 722n
(2014-07-17, 10:19)Milhouse Wrote: You're most likely correct, just need to confirm it's definitely the firmware and not something else. If you're on the old firmware already you should just copy the SYSTEM and kernel.img from #0716 to your SD card - assuming it's a firmware issue, your ambilight should work fine. Then copy the #0716 firmware to the SD card, and again if it's a firmware issue the ambilight should stop working.

Reverting bcm2835-driver to 1e7d3d9 worked. xbmc is on newclock3 branch (14-dc0901d). So it's definitly the firmware causing this issue.
(2014-07-17, 19:23)doveman2 Wrote: Thanks Forage, I was thinking more of having the updater change the partition size when it does the update but perhaps that's not possible. I can probably use gparted in Virtualbox.

hi,

for those people who don't have a virtual machine gparted works great using the ''live'' iso on a bootable usb stick.
google gparted for the iso.
i use''rufus'' image maker for the bootable flash drive.( on win 7 )
you can then boot into gparted and mess around with all the partitions on your sd card!
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0718b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.5 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jul 18 00:50:11 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 15 2014 17:53:13
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ad89e56fcfdce27003bb1c722534d117d4bebf06 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140718041624-r18747-g6ae3a84

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6ae3a84, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (92141a9, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Includes zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See post #605 for config patch.
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
  • Includes PR5034: Drop GetText usage in tinyxml
Build Highlights:

1. NOTICE: OpenSSL has been replaced by LibreSSL v2.0.2 in this build (see PR:3370).
  2. This is not a debug build.
  3. libcec fixes from mk101 are now included upstream in OpenELEC from PR:29.
  4. CONFIG_UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY enabled upstream in OpenELEC to use optimised memcpy for the kernel copy_to_user function (used when communicating with GPU as well as drivers like USB/network).
  5. #0718b: Add patch: Python: remove RAND_egd support to support libressl
  1. OpenELEC:
    • gcc: update to gcc-4.9.1
    • ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-2.3
    • lcdproc: tune lcdd.service (PR:3372, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • projects/RPi/linux: enable CONFIG_UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY
    • libcec: add PR29
    • dvb-firmware: update to dvb-firmware-0.0.42
    • gettext: update to gettext-0.19.2
  2. XBMC:
    • [epg] fix implicit std:Confusedtring constructor with NULL argument (PR:5037, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [depends/ffmpeg] - fix sed (didn't work on osx) - this fixes pkgconfig f... (PR:5036, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] invalidate window if using fast channel switch (PR:5038, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Readme updates (PR:5011, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • cmake: some win32 fixes (PR:5055, 7 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Some character disappear on mac os x (PR:4896, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang] add comment/usage to key "Guide" to clarify its meaning (PR:5054, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] sync with repo
    • [addons] fix null ptr dereference in GetTranslatedString
  3. newclock3:
Note: Build #0718 has been updated to build #0718b in order to fix a problem with Python and https connections.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8