• 60(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0807b

Same as build #0807, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0805b:
  • [omx] Fix segfault when reencoding noisy jpegs
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just tried #0807 and I'm still having problems fully cleaning the library. Something I'd didn't mention the first time around is that I'm using a MySQL db and to make sure there wasn't any problems carrying over from 88 I dropped all the old databases before upgrading to #0807 and scanned all my tv shows back to the library. After doing so I marked all 20 episodes in that series watched from Kodi and deleted the episodes from the server. I then used texturecache vclean to clean the library and the episodes themselves were removed from the library, but the top level series was not. I also queried both the episode and tvshow views in the database for the name of the series and it did not appear in the episode view but did appear in the tvshow view. The only thing I've changed is going from #0804 to now #0807. Any other suggestions would be great.
(2014-08-07, 23:44)SenorLoco Wrote: Any other suggestions would be great.

Can only suggest you keep an eye on PR5145 as this is the most likely change to cause this behaviour, and where I have flagged up this discussion.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for taking another look. Just for fun (and to make sure there wasn't any other issues with my current install) I did do a clean install and the issue remains. I'll keep an eye on that PR:5145. Thanks again.
(2014-08-07, 23:44)SenorLoco Wrote: Just tried #0807 and I'm still having problems fully cleaning the library. Something I'd didn't mention the first time around is that I'm using a MySQL db and to make sure there wasn't any problems carrying over from 88 I dropped all the old databases before upgrading to #0807 and scanned all my tv shows back to the library. After doing so I marked all 20 episodes in that series watched from Kodi and deleted the episodes from the server. I then used texturecache vclean to clean the library and the episodes themselves were removed from the library, but the top level series was not. I also queried both the episode and tvshow views in the database for the name of the series and it did not appear in the episode view but did appear in the tvshow view. The only thing I've changed is going from #0804 to now #0807. Any other suggestions would be great.

You say you have deleted the episodes but does the TV show directory still remain. I only say because I think I have seen this behavior in the windows Gotham builds for a long time.
My example is with breaking bad.
I have the folder for breaking bad, it is completely empty. No season folders or anything but as long as that named folder is there I will get the top level entry in xbmc
(2014-08-08, 11:20)bagofcrap24 Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 23:44)SenorLoco Wrote: Just tried #0807 and I'm still having problems fully cleaning the library. Something I'd didn't mention the first time around is that I'm using a MySQL db and to make sure there wasn't any problems carrying over from 88 I dropped all the old databases before upgrading to #0807 and scanned all my tv shows back to the library. After doing so I marked all 20 episodes in that series watched from Kodi and deleted the episodes from the server. I then used texturecache vclean to clean the library and the episodes themselves were removed from the library, but the top level series was not. I also queried both the episode and tvshow views in the database for the name of the series and it did not appear in the episode view but did appear in the tvshow view. The only thing I've changed is going from #0804 to now #0807. Any other suggestions would be great.

You say you have deleted the episodes but does the TV show directory still remain. I only say because I think I have seen this behavior in the windows Gotham builds for a long time.
My example is with breaking bad.
I have the folder for breaking bad, it is completely empty. No season folders or anything but as long as that named folder is there I will get the top level entry in xbmc

Yeah, I'm having the same. Empty folder named Life and the TV show is still there..
So to clarify my setup.

On my server the directory structure looks like this

Code:
Tv
├── Big.Brother
│   └── Season16
│       └── Big.Brother.S16E20.mp4
├── Brew.Dogs
│   ├── Season1
│   │   └── Brew.Dogs.S01E07.mp4
│   └── Season2
│       └── Brew.Dogs.S02E01.mp4

So if I watch Big Brother and then delete the Big Brother folder when I clean the library in Kodi it does remove the epiosde from the library but Big Brother is still showing in the list of tv shows.

Now I did have a chance to test a little further this morning. In my current setup I have multiple pis around the house all connected to a MySQL database. On one of them I disabled the MySQL database and scanned the library to the database on the Pi and when I watched and episode and cleared the library the top level tv show was cleared as well.

So based on my 1 very quick test it looks like my issue is only on db 89 when using a MySQL database.
Ah, I thought you were deleting just the episode files not the entire show folder before cleaning - I'll need to test that when I get the time (probably tomorrow).
If there are any logs I can provide or anything else I can do to help just let me know. Thanks
Debug logs would be useful. If possible, a debug log from #0804 and a debug log from #0805, both removing the same final episode/show. That might make it easier to spot where the difference is occurring.
(2014-08-08, 15:00)Milhouse Wrote: Debug logs would be useful. If possible, a debug log from #0804 and a debug log from #0805, both removing the same final episode/show. That might make it easier to spot where the difference is occurring.

Got some logs for you. Hopefully these help. I did notice right away that CleanDatabase failed on #0805

#0804 - http://sprunge.us/QRMi
#0805 - http://sprunge.us/BAeM

Let me know if you need anything else.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0809
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.0 #1 PREEMPT Sat Aug 9 00:54:27 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  6 2014 17:51:37
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3da89bd3cdef7980b684f48fe60944aff4502f50 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140809005308-r18930-g401188d

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (401188d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (63b41ad, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR5170: Finer grained updates of video database
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-build
  2. Confluence updated with Kodi changes (bye-bye XBMC). Note: not final Kodi logo...
  3. omxplayer now derived from dvdplayer (part 1) - the groundwork for newclock4, I think.
  4. Improved database update performance (see PR5170 for details)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [omx] Fix segfault when reencoding noisy jpegs (PR:5177, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • ARRAY_SIZE fixes and mass deployment (PR:5146, 4 commits, 22 files changed)
    • Query stopped stopwatch (PR:5111, 4 commits, 8 files changed)
    • platinum: improve logging on bad HTTP requests (PR:5178, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [confluence] kodi changes (PR:5176, 5 commits, 64 files changed)
    • [players] Make omxplayer be derived from dvdplayer, part 1 (PR:5161, 11 commits, 15 files changed)
    • upnp: fix year property
Will the newclock4 patches in the future allow vdpau sharpness to be adjusted, like it can be with newclock3?
(2014-08-09, 07:49)Huuh Wrote: Will the newclock4 patches in the future allow vdpau sharpness to be adjusted, like it can be with newclock3?

I'd not seen much evidence of sharpness being used.
Any other users setting sharpness to a non-default value?
Out of interest what sharpness setting do you prefer?
@popcornmix

Do you think it is possible for you to make a patch for raspberry to boost center channel on downmix 5.1->2.0. for today rpi behaves differently (i think) than linux build and center channel is "quiter" on raspberry than on linux.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8