• 62(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
it started maybe about 2 weeks ago. Before that this never happended. I will try to reproduce this somehow. But it sometimes happens hours after i turn off the tv. When I turn the TV back on, the Pi is no longer in suspend mode. Maybe that's a clue?
I've noticed that a sleeping Pi (virtual suspend) will wake up for no apparent reason (no user input). I've only seen it happen 2-3 times though (that's not to say it hasn't happened more often). Is this what could be the problem?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-11, 16:25)Milhouse Wrote: I've noticed that a sleeping Pi (virtual suspend) will wake up for no apparent reason (no user input). I've only seen it happen 2-3 times though (that's not to say it hasn't happened more often). Is this what could be the problem?

Sounds like it. I wouldn't even mind this behaviour if my TV wouldn't turn back on again...
(2014-08-11, 16:27)mikeb93 Wrote: Sounds like it. I wouldn't even mind this behaviour if my TV wouldn't turn back on again...

Have you been thorugh options in settings/system/input/peripherls/CEC devices?

Perhaps disable "wake devices when deactivating screensaver".
If that doesn't do it, try disabling the active and inactive source options.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0811
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.0 #1 PREEMPT Mon Aug 11 20:59:45 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  6 2014 17:51:37
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3da89bd3cdef7980b684f48fe60944aff4502f50 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140811205832-r18944-gf49048a

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (f49048a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (bdf3904, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [android] Initial Android TV support (PR:5083, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • Make it easier to rebrand from a single file (PR:5175, 3 commits, 11 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0811b

Same as build #0811, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0809c:
  • [omxrenderer] Fixes for stereo modes and rotated video
  • [omxplayer] Don't propagate 3d flags based on supported 3d modes
  • [graphics] Don't set stereo mode based on resolution
  • [graphics] Allow switching to a more suitable 3D resolution
  • [3D] Support switching to 3D resolutions
  • [graphics] Make pixel ratio for 3d modes consistent
  • filesystem: Make support of browsing into archives optional
  • confluence: Remove media-overlay.jpg for when video is backgrounded
(2014-08-11, 16:27)mikeb93 Wrote:
(2014-08-11, 16:25)Milhouse Wrote: I've noticed that a sleeping Pi (virtual suspend) will wake up for no apparent reason (no user input). I've only seen it happen 2-3 times though (that's not to say it hasn't happened more often). Is this what could be the problem?

Sounds like it. I wouldn't even mind this behaviour if my TV wouldn't turn back on again...

Same here, usually at night :-)
One other thing I've just remembered when the Pi unexpectedly wakes, is that the screensaver (in my case, Dim) is not deactivated, as would normally be the case if keyboard/remote input had woken the Pi. Somehow the "wake" event is firing and re-enabling HDMI etc., yet the screensaver remains active so the screen is still dim until user input deactivates the screensaver.
(2014-08-11, 15:55)mikeb93 Wrote: Lately my TV turns itself on even though I turned this behaviour off in the CEC-Settings.
This happens mostly when I am not at home or at night, so it's a little difficult to provide a debug-log.

In config.txt is your IGNORE_HDMI_CEC_INIT set to 0?
Disabling the CEC Setting "wake devices when deactivating screensaver" doesn't change a thing. The TV turned itself on again this night.
I don't know about "IGNORE_HDMI_CEC_INIT". I will check it when i come home. Will this help when set to 0?
I know how much the dev like mySQL, I'm getting a videoDB upgrade issue when going beyond v79 (which includes the dreadful multi series issue):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201785

Is there a fix or an alternate DB that XBMC can use to replace mySQLHuh

Thanks
(2014-08-12, 08:49)mikeb93 Wrote: I don't know about "IGNORE_HDMI_CEC_INIT". I will check it when i come home. Will this help when set to 0?

No. It only affects what happens on boot.
(2014-08-12, 15:04)goRt Wrote: I know how much the dev like mySQL, I'm getting a videoDB upgrade issue when going beyond v79 (which includes the dreadful multi series issue):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201785

Is there a fix or an alternate DB that XBMC can use to replace mySQLHuh

Thanks

Replied in your other thread, this looks more like a server rather than application issue.
@popcornmix: Just testing #0811b with YouTube videos, and I've noticed that after playing a YouTube video the GUI sounds are gone. Doesn't seem to be a problem for #0811.

To reproduce: Enable all acceleration. Open the YouTube Addon, play a video for a short while (just a few seconds), stop the video, and confirm you still have GUI sounds.

I don't see any errors in the log, let me know if you can't reproduce and need a debug log.
@popcornmix: Just testing #0811b and after playing a video, the GUI sounds are gone. Doesn't seem to be a problem for #0811.

To reproduce: Enable all acceleration. Play any video (local - eg. 1080p/h264/mkv - or YouTube) for a short while (just a few seconds), stop the video, and confirm you still have GUI sounds.

debug log - after stopping the movie at 15:54:53 there are no GUI sounds.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8