• 67(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-08-16, 08:46)Milhouse Wrote: Can you provide an example of how to reproduce this problem? Test it with the stock Confluence skin, any other skin may require changes.

I'm using Confluence only. It's just enough to open virtual keyboard and try to input some text. I can do it using cursors and virtual keys but not 0-9 keys from my remote. Pressing 0-9 have no efect at all.

Quote:Also, what language and keyboard layout are you using? Check the new "Character set" and "Keyboard layouts" options in Settings -> Appearance -> International - you might need to adjust them. Note: You'll need to set the Settings Level to Standard (or above) to see the Character set and Keyboard layout fields.

Normally I'm using Language=Polish, Character set=Central European (ISO), Keyboard layout=ABC but for testing purposes switched it to Language=English, Character set=Default, Keyboard layout=QWERTY. Unfortunately it didn't helped at all. Can you share your remote.xml? In GLOBAL section I have "JumpSMSx" for numeric buttons and in VIRTUALKEYBOARD section it's "NumberX" respectively. It always worked but maybe lately something changed.

Quote:The virtual keyboard (Language=English, Character set=Default, Keyboard layout=QWERTY) is working correctly for me, for example when using (Global) Search. Jumping through the Movies library using the 2-9 keys (2=abc, 3=def, 4=ghi etc.) is also working as it should.

Jumping through various lists (like Movies for example) is working for me too. I only can't write in virtual keyboard window.
@Milhouse
Here you are:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=269637
Thanks in advance
(2014-08-16, 03:42)edwr Wrote: Airplay video streaming seems to have been broken for some time now. I'd been using #528 for the past few months. It seems #714b broke it, as #714 and earlier work and later builds don't (edit: up to #815). I did not try every build before and after, just enough to narrow it down. I did check #718 in case it was something to do with the warnings regarding #714b, but airplay didn't work there either.

The log spits out:
ERROR: Action - thread AirPlayServer, Unhandled exception caught in thread process, aborting. auto delete: 0

This is with the latest ios version (7.1.2), streaming video from Safari.
edit: this seems to be the specific commit affecting airplayserver
[stdstring] get rid of CStdString in network/
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6c3a...97f1430744

Interesting. I'd noticed some airplay streams that I thought used to work didn't currently work (the visualisation shows, but no video).
So I've had a closer look and tried reverting the commit you mentioned, and sure enough the streams now play with video.

I've added the revert to newclock3/newclock4 trees, so I'll be interested if the next build works better for you.
(2014-08-16, 11:17)darzur Wrote: Normally I'm using Language=Polish, Character set=Central European (ISO), Keyboard layout=ABC but for testing purposes switched it to Language=English, Character set=Default, Keyboard layout=QWERTY. Unfortunately it didn't helped at all. Can you share your remote.xml? In GLOBAL section I have "JumpSMSx" for numeric buttons and in VIRTUALKEYBOARD section it's "NumberX" respectively. It always worked but maybe lately something changed.

This is my remote.xml. I've been using it for years... Smile

I've tweaked it to work with one of these:

The mouse pad doesn't work, nor does the right and left mouse buttons or "e" button (internet - top row, left of power button) as they don't generate valid key codes. Other than that, all other buttons work.Record is mapped to context menu.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-16, 11:33)anonimo2001 Wrote: @Milhouse
Here you are:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=269637
Thanks in advance

There are a number of warnings about buffer timeouts... you're trying to cache to SD, which may not be helping. Is your Pi connected over WiFi or wired?

You've got a lot of junk in your advancedsettings.xml, I'd suggest pairing that down to what you require and test again:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
  </network>

<fanartheight>540</fanartheight>
  <imageres>256</imageres>

<video>
    <adjustrefreshrate>
      <override>
        <fps>23.976</fps>
        <refresh>24.0</refresh>
      </override>
    </adjustrefreshrate>
    <latency>
      <delay>0</delay>
      <refresh>
        <min>23</min>
        <max>24</max>
        <delay>175</delay>
      </refresh>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've tried today the airplay feature, but can't get it to work.
The Airplay is checked in the xbmc settings, but my laptop with OSX 10.9.4 can't find anything.
I've also tried the Airfoil software (some people says it helps) but it also doesn't detect xbmc.
@Milhouse
My Pi is wired, but changing to your advancedsettings.xml did the trick.
Thanks so much Milhouse :-)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0816
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux openelec 3.16.1 #1 PREEMPT Sat Aug 16 23:23:04 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 12 2014 18:21:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f32b2bbfdea55d48c9a52b92e5c798f9aa5f47bc (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140816233754-r19026-g62dcea6

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (62dcea63, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (aa4b6741, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (bce63d84)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • libxml2: force ac_cv_header_ansidecl_h=no, it seems sometimes ansidecl.h is (wrongly) found
    • sqlite: update to sqlite-autoconf-3080600
  2. XBMC:
    • [AirTunes] - Don't leave audio_flush uninitialised (PR:5220, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] add and refresh icons. (PR:5165, 1 commit, 32 files changed)
    • fixed: built-in function SetStereoMode not work (PR:5203, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [python] add setSubtitles method for ListItem (PR:5192, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • LINUX: Fix compile error. (PR:5226, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to version 2.3.2 (PR:5206, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Rename isDVDImage() to isDiscImage().
    • [win32] rename and generalise packaging folders. also simplify NSIS installer to match package folders
  3. newclock3:
    • Revert "[stdstring] get rid of CStdString in network/"
(2014-08-16, 13:13)popcornmix Wrote: Interesting. I'd noticed some airplay streams that I thought used to work didn't currently work (the visualisation shows, but no video).
So I've had a closer look and tried reverting the commit you mentioned, and sure enough the streams now play with video.

I've added the revert to newclock3/newclock4 trees, so I'll be interested if the next build works better for you.

Airplay video streaming works again in #0816. Thanks for looking into it (and Milhouse, as well)
(2014-08-16, 15:50)Milhouse Wrote: This is my remote.xml. I've been using it for years... Smile

It's strange. It's identical as mine in VirtualKeyboard and Global sections (at least numeric keys are), but mine is not working in virtual keyboard window.
(2014-08-17, 08:11)darzur Wrote:
(2014-08-16, 15:50)Milhouse Wrote: This is my remote.xml. I've been using it for years... Smile

It's strange. It's identical as my in VirtualKeyboard and Global sections (at least numeric keys are), but my is not working in virtual keyboard window.

Screenshot(s) might help, as would precise steps to reproduce the problem because it seems to be working for me, but maybe we're testing different parts of the UI (are you in a PVR window, or Settings, or Sources, or Huh).

As an example: System -> Settings -> Services -> General -> Device name, does the vkb work here? What do you see (screenshot - use "texturecache.py screenshot" to capture if you have no keyboard attached). Assuming the vkb appears, are you saying all remote input is ignored - what's in your debug log while you are mashing the remote buttons?

Also try renaming your .xbmc folder and temporarily testing with fresh settings to rule out any sort of corruption or screwed up setting.
(2014-08-16, 03:38)steve1977 Wrote: One very weird thing is that the items of the main menu (movies, tvshows, etc) randomly shift orders. Not always, but occassionaly there are moving. So, that's really weird and I have no idea how to trouble-shoot this. Maybe someone else have seen such issues before?

Any thoughts on the issue above? I upgraded to built #0816 and still face this issue. Feels like the menu items are disco dancing ;-)
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-08-17, 08:48)steve1977 Wrote:
(2014-08-16, 03:38)steve1977 Wrote: One very weird thing is that the items of the main menu (movies, tvshows, etc) randomly shift orders. Not always, but occassionaly there are moving. So, that's really weird and I have no idea how to trouble-shoot this. Maybe someone else have seen such issues before?

Any thoughts on the issue above? I upgraded to built #0816 and still face this issue. Feels like the menu items are disco dancing ;-)

Not seeing this myself. When do the items move - while you're in the main menu, when you return to the main menu or after restarting Kodi?

I assume though that this is with stock Confluence? If it's Amber (or any other third-party skin), you'll need to contact the skin author as it's most likely the skin isn't yet fully Helix compatible.
Unfortunately, this is happening with Confluence (and also with Amber).

Somewhat hard to reproduce. I need to play around a bit more. It may just happen for the first hour after updating to a new built. Or for the first hour or so after rebooting.

It is a bit random, but definitely something that happens with Helix builts and did never happen with Gotham. No idea how to best trouble-shoot. I could shoot a video, but even this only "proves" that I am saying the truth and not bringing us closer to a solution?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Noticed an issue with mp3 playback.
Need to test further as in not sure if it's newclock4 related or PR related yet.
Currently on 813b newclock 4.
Select a single song for playback.
Upon the song finishing the xbmc process restarts instead of returning to menu.
Will try to narrow it down as I haven't tried any builds since Gotham yet.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8