• 68(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-08-17, 08:30)Milhouse Wrote: Screenshot(s) might help, as would precise steps to reproduce the problem because it seems to be working for me, but maybe we're testing different parts of the UI (are you in a PVR window, or Settings, or Sources, or Huh).

For some reason I can't take screenshots. It creates 0byte png files.

Quote:As an example: System -> Settings -> Services -> General -> Device name, does the vkb work here? What do you see (screenshot - use "texturecache.py screenshot" to capture if you have no keyboard attached). Assuming the vkb appears, are you saying all remote input is ignored - what's in your debug log while you are mashing the remote buttons?

In System -> Settings -> Services -> General -> Device name I can use remote 0-9 buttons directly and enter desired name. When I push OK and VK appears then I can only use VK screen buttons but not remote 0-9 buttons. What is interesting "Back" button (assigned to backspace) and "Enter" button (assigned to enter) works in VK.

Quote:Also try renaming your .xbmc folder and temporarily testing with fresh settings to rule out any sort of corruption or screwed up setting.

Did it but it didn't helped. For a moment installed official 4.1.4 and there it works opposite - I can't write directly in text boxes, but I can on VK.
(2014-08-17, 12:27)darzur Wrote: For some reason I can't take screenshots. It creates 0byte png files.

newclock4 may well not support rendercapture (and so screenshots) yet - it's something I haven't tested.
(2014-08-17, 12:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 12:27)darzur Wrote: For some reason I can't take screenshots. It creates 0byte png files.

newclock4 may well not support rendercapture (and so screenshots) yet - it's something I haven't tested.

But I'm using newclock3 build. Anyway I'm just formatting STORAGE partition and installing OE from scratch. Maybe it'll help.
(2014-08-17, 12:36)darzur Wrote: But I'm using newclock3 build. Anyway I'm just formatting STORAGE partition and installing OE from scratch. Maybe it'll help.

Should work. Note that the png file is large and takes some time to fully appear. Make sure you've waited a minute or two before trying to open it.
(2014-08-17, 12:27)darzur Wrote: In System -> Settings -> Services -> General -> Device name I can use remote 0-9 buttons directly and enter desired name. When I push OK and VK appears then I can only use VK screen buttons but not remote 0-9 buttons. What is interesting "Back" button (assigned to backspace) and "Enter" button (assigned to enter) works in VK.

OK, I understand what you are saying, however I'm not sure it's a bug.

The change in behaviour is introduced in build #0809b (see PR5008).

It seems to be an improvement having the SMS keys now work before the VKB is opened (although I'm not sure where backspace is!) but one could argue for or against SMS text entry working once the VKB is open. Currently it doesn't work right now, but I don't know if this is intentional or not.

I've asked in PR5008 for clarification as to whether SMS should continue to work while the VKB is open.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-17, 12:38)popcornmix Wrote: Should work. Note that the png file is large and takes some time to fully appear. Make sure you've waited a minute or two before trying to open it.

Reinstalling from scratch didn't helped at all. Remote 0-9 buttons are still not working on VK and I can't take screenshots. You can find my debug log here. On "Window Init (DialogMediaSource.xml)" my remote keys are working and on "Window Init (DialogKeyboard.xml)" they aren't. It starts at 14:10:51 86.995346. I hope I'll help.

P.S. Finally we understood each other at least. Smile There are dialogs (in add-ons) that don't have text input boxes and opens VK directly. In such cases it's not possible to use SMS text entry method. Good example is "Search" option in Youtube add-on.
@Milhouse, popcornmix

Can you check out subtitles rendering? Try swapping between multiple subs.

Thanks.
Just tried a quick test with #0816, omxplayer and an MKV with two embedded SRT subtitle files (one for each of the two audio streams - main feature and commentary track), and flipping between the subs works OK (although it takes a second or two before the old subtitle stops being displayed, to be replaced by the new subtitle). Other than that, what kind of problem are you experiencing?

Hmmm... just noticed dvdplayer isn't working properly in #0816, just getting a flickering coloured screen but the audio plays fine - it's as though it's massively zoomed in on part of the image. Here's a debug log, playback starts at 14:28:34. This is unrelated to subtitles, all my videos behave the same when viewed with dvdplayer.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-17, 15:31)Milhouse Wrote: Hmmm... just noticed dvdplayer isn't working properly in #0816, just getting a flickering coloured screen but the audio plays fine - it's as though it's massively zoomed in on part of the image. Here's a debug log, playback starts at 14:28:34. This is unrelated to subtitles, all my videos behave the same when viewed with dvdplayer.

newclock3 build? And reverting to #815 fixes it?
Strange, as newclock3 hasn't changed much lately (newclock4 is getting most development).

Can't see anything wrong in log.

EDIT: Could you try reverting firmware one version. This change:
firmware: video_render: Fix for stereo rendering when crop height is not populated

could possibly be responsible.
Yes, #0816 is a newclock3 build. Will go back through the builds.
Just for reference (perhaps it doesn´t matter since I use Raspbmc), I´m running latest nc3 on Raspbmc with latest firmware, works fine on both SD and HD content with both OMX and DVDPlayer.
However, I now get 2 DVDPlayer when "Play using..." but it could be that I use a custom playercorefactory for div3 movies.
It looks like the last newclock3 build where dvdplayer works is #0809b - after that the image is "zoomed in", so the change is somewhere in #0810.

The following are screenshots of the same video when played with dvdplayer in #0809b and #0810:

#0809b:

#0810:

I've enabled "Support browsing into archives" on the off chance that had something to do with it, but no difference.

It also doesn't seem to be related to the media-overlay.jpg change, as I've tested with an alternative skin and still the same result (not surprising, but thought I'd confirm it anyway).

Edit1: Same problem when using NFS or SMB, so not specific to NFS...

Edit2: I've also tested with a completely fresh .xbmc folder, keeping only sources.xml, and dvdplayer remains borked in #0810.
(2014-08-15, 14:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 13:32)Bohlendach Wrote: It seems that the problem is when going from the menu to play the movie. I have send a PM with a link to the file. Same behaviour with omxplayer 'on' or 'off'.

Thanks. It matches PC xbmc behaviour in initial menu, but when movie starts playing it appears to be 4:3 (on pi) rather than 16:9 (on PC). Will investigate.

EDIT:
Okay, think I've got a fix - may sure you test next newclock4 build.

Just tested newclock4 build: #0815b and it has been fixed.

And thank you! My raspberry pi was very close to end up in a drawer. It is really value for money that the problems with playing DVDs are solved - more or less. The raspberry pi is about to move into the livingroom.
OK, I have now identified the commit causing the dvdplayer problem with newclock3, and it's an OpenELEC commit which explains it's not reproducible with Raspbmc.

The problem commit is xbmc: update imx6 patches, move to package 'xbmc'. Once this commit is included, newclock3 dvdplayer is broken.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8