• 69(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-08-18, 00:22)Milhouse Wrote: OK, I have now identified the commit causing the dvdplayer problem with newclock3, and it's an OpenELEC commit which explains it's not reproducible with Raspbmc.

The problem commit is xbmc: update imx6 patches, move to package 'xbmc'. Once this commit is included, newclock3 dvdplayer is broken.

Well I wouldn't have thought to there! Thanks for tracking it down. Just delete it for now, but really it should be in projects/Cuboxi/patches rather than packages/mediacenter/xbmc/patches.
Actually, that commit has already been superseded by a later commit: xbmc: update IMX6 patches, replace with PR5202. Deleting this later commit also fixes the dvdplayer problem, I'll get a new build up shortly minus this commit.

For reference, this is PR5202.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0817
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.1 #1 PREEMPT Mon Aug 18 01:19:36 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 12 2014 18:21:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f32b2bbfdea55d48c9a52b92e5c798f9aa5f47bc (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140818011823-r19036-g74c4bf7

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (74c4bf7f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (fbf15158, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
  2. Removed conflicting imx6 commit that causes problem with dvdplayer (PR5022)
  3. Hifiberry DAC+ support added
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • create_installstick: update mbr for Debian Jessie
    • create_installstick: update mbr for Debian Jessie (PR:3418, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • busybox: create /storage/.update by default, cosmetics
    • busybox: remove CIFS/SMB boot support
    • buildsys: show package name if not found
    • connman: meh hostname
    • ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-2.3.3
    • taglib: downgrade to taglib-1.8, this should solve crashes on flac files with IDv2 tags (see http://openelec.tv/forum/74-music-manage...ary#115179 and https://github.com/taglib/taglib/issues/416)
    • boost: update to boost-1.56.0
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr] properly update the view mode when switching channels (PR:5067, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Cleanup (PR:3716, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • Fixed default sorting for tv show years (PR:5225, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [airplay] - fixed some warnings
    • [airplay] - fixed video/photo airplay after 6c3a7b626628dde068147a5d124a5897f1430744
  3. kernel 3.16.y:
    • Added support for HiFiBerry DAC+
    • ASoC: BCM: Typo in RPi-DAC driver
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0817b

Same as build #0817, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0815b:
  • ffmpeg demuxer: faster channel change for PVR addons without internal demuxing (such as MediaPortal, ArgusTV, MythTV, NextPVR) Credits: FernetMenta, Davilla,
  • DVDFactoryDemuxer: skip streaminfo for udp tcp and pvr-channels
  • xbmc pr 3080
  • Revert "[stdstring] get rid of CStdString in network/"
  • [confluence] Use animated gif as a cheaper working spinner
  • [experimental] Disable quiet-noise generation
  • [settings] Experiment: Report DESKTOP resolution in video settings
  • Added some vc_tv_* functions that were missing in DllBCM.
  • Added private utility function to map a float display aspect, to the respective SDTV_ASPECT_* enum value.
  • Changed SDTV resolutions to be treated similarly to HDMI resolutions in SetNativeResolution. This means that the SDTV interface is powered up and set to the
  • Added methods SuspendVideoOutput() and ResumeVideoOutput() to CRBP class, which can be used to power down the Raspberry PI's video interface, and restore it
  • PowerManager (and its IPowerSyscall instance) now gets called from CApplication::OnKey() and can process and suppress key presses. This is a requirement to i
  • Added CPowerSyscallVirtualSleep class, which acts as a base class for devices that have no native standby mode, and need to fake it in some way.
  • Added power management support for the Raspberry Pi. Since it doesn't support true standby, we fake it by turning video on or off, and ignoring remote inputs
  • [power] hack - don't kill lirc or cec
  • [power] hack - wake on any action
  • [power] hack - Make suspend toggle suspend state
  • [power] Add back in powerdown and reboot
  • squash fast channel
  • squash to 27e84a0
  • [cec] Don't suspend pi on tv switch off - it can't wake up
Hi Milehouse after use your latest build (newclock3) i dont get Wlan to work ! I use Tp Link 722n ! It stuck at configuration !
And if they connect i get a IP but its not from my DHCP Range
(2014-08-18, 17:38)ranem123 Wrote: Hi Milehouse after use your latest build (newclock3) i dont get Wlan to work ! I use Tp Link 722n ! It stuck at configuration !
And if they connect i get a IP but its not from my DHCP Range

What version where you on before? What is the last version of my builds that works? I'm not sure why #0817 should stop working with TP-Link all of a sudden. Anything in dmesg?
Also with your previous builds wifi not working ! And i testet Openelec 4.1.4 and its still not working !
But it working fine with Openelec 4.0.7
I would suggest raising the issue on the OpenELEC forum, they tend to monitor that more closely than here. They probably have a thread for the 4.1.x builds, post your TP-Link details there and hopefully it can be fixed upstream before final release.
I'm having similar issues with the builds 19036 and 19026.
With a wired rPI the network doesn't connect automatically when the pi boots. I have to go to the openelec settings, connections.
The Wired interface state it's always "configuration" and i've to hit connect to the state change to "ready". After that it works fine.
The Connect Automatically option is checked.
(2014-08-18, 21:19)xeeee Wrote: I'm having similar issues with the builds 19036 and 19026.
With a wired rPI the network doesn't connect automatically when the pi boots. I have to go to the openelec settings, connections.
The Wired interface state it's always "configuration" and i've to hit connect to the state change to "ready". After that it works fine.
The Connect Automatically option is checked.

Test with 4.0.7/4.1.4 and see if you can reproduce. I don't recognise 19036 or 19026 - try to to use my release names when referring to one of my builds, it makes my life easier (I may have to add my code to /etc/os-release or similar).
No new build tonight, there's only been minor changes in the last 24 hours so it's not worth the upload.

It would be good to get some feedback on the new SD card driver introduced in build #0815, if only to confirm that some of you have enabled it (it's not enabled by default) and have experienced no problems. See build #0815 for details.
(2014-08-18, 21:26)Milhouse Wrote: Test with 4.0.7/4.1.4 and see if you can reproduce. I don't recognise 19036 or 19026 - try to to use my release names when referring to one of my builds, it makes my life easier (I may have to add my code to /etc/os-release or similar).

19036 is #0817b (i think it's the b version)
19026 is #0816

OK, i'm going to test the 4.0.7 and 4.1.4 versions
(2014-08-18, 23:53)xeeee Wrote: 19036 is #0817b (i think it's the b version)
19026 is #0816

In future my build number will be present on the boot screen, and when you run the command lsb_release.

(2014-08-18, 23:53)xeeee Wrote: OK, i'm going to test the 4.0.7 and 4.1.4 versions

Assuming it's not broken in 4.1.4, can you try and identify the last build of mine where it does work.

A wired ethernet problem is quite strange though, try rebooting your router, and if you're using DHCP restart whatever device is dishing out addresses (probably your router). I'm using DHCP here (dnsmasq on a Raspbian-based R-Pi) and I've got no problems connecting with recent builds.
My time is far too limited to look into this until the weekend - at that point I'll work out exactly when it broke (I could provide a debug log now, but it doesn't show anything other than an ongoing audio issue I'm tracking down) - but currently seeking is broken with h.264/m4v files with newclock4/DVDPlayer (as much as I hate it, I have confirmed it works with OMXplayer (sp?)). On skip forward or back, the image stalls though audio continues fine. I apologise for lack of details - I will post all the necessary details at the weekend, promise Smile
(2014-08-19, 00:03)Milhouse Wrote: Assuming it's not broken in 4.1.4, can you try and identify the last build of mine where it does work.

A wired ethernet problem is quite strange though, try rebooting your router, and if you're using DHCP restart whatever device is dishing out addresses (probably your router). I'm using DHCP here (dnsmasq on a Raspbian-based R-Pi) and I've got no problems connecting with recent builds.

OK, tested

4.0.7 works fine
4.1.4 is broken

I was using a mid july build, so I don't really know the last working build.
I'm going to test other build.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8