• 73(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0823
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.1 #1 PREEMPT Sun Aug 24 02:37:41 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 20 2014 22:46:14
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version daf2c8c0795066867ef863d938bbbcc7391f1b4a (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140824023625-r19076-g101849f [Build #0823]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (101849fb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (60faade4, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5217: [python] add xbmc.abortEvent
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5244: [UX] keymap fixes - don't overload pause action with something else
  • Includes PR5245: [UX] consistent playback behavior for music and video
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
Build Details:
  1. Custom
    • Reverted: PR5270, as needs more work
    • Added: PR5217
    • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0823b

Same as build #0823, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0821b:
  • [rbp] Resume video output on startup
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Popcornmix , is there a way to automaticlly use dvdplayer for img/iso and OMXplayer for all other files with newclock 4 ?
(2014-08-24, 14:46)Jönke Wrote: Popcornmix , is there a way to automaticlly use dvdplayer for img/iso and OMXplayer for all other files with newclock 4 ?

Yes, that is the default beaviour.
Make sure in acceleration settings that all 3 options are enabled.
Ok but then live-tv uses dvdplayer, not OMXplayer.

How to set omxplayer for live tv ?
@Milhouse
Good evening. In the last two experimental builds (the "b" ones) the video stops for just a second while playing. Screen turns black and there is no sound. It happens randomly so if I rewind and play it again nothing happens. In two different movies it happened twice in each one (with two different builds).
I'm afraid I can't send you a log because I can't reproduce the error. Maybe it's only in my case.
Thank you and regards
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0824
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.1 #1 PREEMPT Sun Aug 24 20:11:17 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 20 2014 22:46:14
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version daf2c8c0795066867ef863d938bbbcc7391f1b4a (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140824201002-r19086-g1ee1b1d [Build #0824]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (1ee1b1d0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a29b21a4, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5217: [python] add xbmc.abortEvent
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5244: [UX] keymap fixes - don't overload pause action with something else
  • Includes PR5245: [UX] consistent playback behavior for music and video
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
  • Includes PR5275: PaP: Support DSD Format
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build
  2. PR5275 enables DSD format audio. Sample files available here. I haven't been able to test this myself as I get only white-noise through my 2.0 HDMI setup. Feedback from multi-channel users would be interesting!
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Revert "xorg-server: remove not more needed patch after switch to package 'pkgconf'"
    • Revert "toolchain: switch to pkgconf"
    • connman: update to connman-1.25 disable gadget support
    • busybox: var-log-debug.service cosmetics
    • busybox: cron.service cosmetics
    • samba: samba-defaults.service cosmetics
    • xbmc: change the way tz setup is called
    • timezone-data: remove tzdata-setup script
    • connman: remove support to create initial setting
    • busybox: force rebuild on config update
  2. XBMC:
    • [lirc] preventing multiple connections to the lirc socket ... (PR:5268, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Fix][bluray] Playlists with a negative id are invalid. (PR:5266, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. Custom
    • Added: PR5275
Why is Live TV not working with IPTV Simple? When I start it, it's giving me a dark blank screen with no errors. Running OpenELEC Helix build: #0824
(2014-08-24, 23:06)FAMMAR Wrote: Why is Live TV not working with IPTV Simple? When I start it, it's giving me a dark blank screen with no errors. Running OpenELEC Helix build: #0824

Is there anything in a debug log (wiki)? I don't use PVR so can't test IPTV Simple or anything like it.
how to start last watched TV channel automatic, after pi start?

In raspxbmc it worked, but then I moved to openelec - this function do not work. I tried to setup "foreground" and "background" function in settings - but no success.
(2014-08-24, 14:59)Jönke Wrote: Ok but then live-tv uses dvdplayer, not OMXplayer.

How to set omxplayer for live tv ?

I've just has a look and with the 3 acceleration options enabled it uses omxplayer for livetv (e.g. codec omx-h264 or omx-mpeg2).
If you are not getting that can you post a debug enabled log file.
I'll get you a log after work.
But no , with tvheadend live sdtv xbmc uses dvdplayer in newclock 4 builds.
For recordings omxplayer is fine
OpenELEC Helix build: #0824
Quote:Build Highlights:
newclock3-based build
PR:5275 enables DSD format audio. Sample files available here. I haven't been able to test this myself as I get only white-noise through my 2.0 HDMI setup. Feedback from multi-channel users would be interesting!

I tried DSD multi channel audio on this build but afraid playback lots of clicks and plops.
I am comparing this latest RPI build against my stock Windows7 PC with XXBMC (13.0-ALPHA12 Git:20140210-699163e) which fully supports multi audio.

Configuration for both XBMC's is same 5.1 channels, same A/V amp etc except that windows Pc has XBMC enable setting for pass through of Dolby MultiChannel etc
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
(2014-08-25, 15:00)evanspae Wrote: I tried DSD multi channel audio on this build but afraid playback lots of clicks and plops.
I am comparing this latest RPI build against my stock Windows7 PC with XXBMC (13.0-ALPHA12 Git:20140210-699163e) which fully supports multi audio.

Which file were you playing? The first sample linked from the PR is 352kHz.
We were refusing to resample above 192kHz, but I've removed that limit with latest commit and that sample seems to play.

If you were trying to play something below 192kHz then it may be another issue and a sample file would be useful.
(2014-08-25, 18:23)popcornmix Wrote: Which file were you playing? The first sample linked from the PR is 352kHz.
We were refusing to resample above 192kHz, but I've removed that limit with latest commit and that sample seems to play.

Excellent, that fixes it for the 3 samples from the sample page, even 2.0/2.1 output! CPU during playback is quite high though - 70%-75% load on a 1GHz Pi - so this file format could be a problem unless the Pi is overclocked. But at 1GHz, they play flawlessly.

New build will be posted after the football...
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8