• 88(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-09-09, 13:18)h.udo Wrote:
(2014-09-07, 20:13)Milhouse Wrote: I'll drop the cec render patch from the next few builds, see if it makes any difference.

36+ hours testing without this patch confirms that problem is gone. Thanks!

Would be nice to have confirmation from others affected by this.

I can confirm that build worked for me as well.
(2014-09-11, 17:48)darzur Wrote: After update to #0910 I wasn't able to play any stream (video or audio) from internet. Reverted to #0909 and everything works fine. Below you can find my xbmc.log taken from #0910.

Possibly caused by:
Quote:curl: update to curl-7.38.0
(2014-09-11, 17:55)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 17:48)darzur Wrote: After update to #0910 I wasn't able to play any stream (video or audio) from internet. Reverted to #0909 and everything works fine. Below you can find my xbmc.log taken from #0910.

Possibly caused by:

Yes, same problem here.
Hi Milhouse
What version of librtmp are you using in your builds?
Can you update to the latest 30-08-2014 version?
Hi,

i think CURL makes some problems.

Possibly caused by:

With a fresh install I'm not getting any Fanart nor and List of available addons.

Code:
21:30:04 1844.165771 T:2871637072  NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/112621-g.jpg
21:30:06 1845.461670 T:2659816528   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
21:30:06 1845.462036 T:2659816528   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
21:30:06 1845.462524 T:2659816528   ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/249881-g3.jpg not found
21:30:06 1845.462769 T:2659816528  NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/249881-g3.jpg
21:30:08 1848.015503 T:2896802896   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)

And I'm having another Problem ... The volume of my Center speaker is very low when playing videos with different audio format (MP3, AC3). When playing mp3 or dts files everything is fine but with movies it's very low. I have a 7.1 system ... passthrough enabled.
Any ideas where to check? Didn't had the possibility to check which older version was okay.[/code]
(2014-09-11, 20:19)xeeee Wrote: Hi Milhouse
What version of librtmp are you using in your builds?
Can you update to the latest 30-08-2014 version?

Not sure of the exact version, but it's whatever is upstream in OpenELEC. Updating librtmp yourself is easy, just follow the instructions in the librtmp thread, and there is no need for me to include a custom version of librtmp. However the latest 30-08-2014 librtmp build has issues so you probably don't want to use that. See the librtmp thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'll revert the curl-7.38.0 update in the next build, but this really needs fixing/reverting upstream.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0911
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.2 #1 PREEMPT Thu Sep 11 20:59:33 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep  8 2014 18:59:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3f2f2607186be72e4945cfa8edc77872dfc73195 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140911211726-r19214-gebd5882 [Build #0911]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (ebd58821, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (7f2a4b11, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (49397f07)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (39495020)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
  • Includes PR5307: [UX] Play button/action should not pause
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
Build Highlights:
  1. Revert curl-7.38.0 - please confirm if previous addon/artwork/streaming problems are now resolved
  2. Some code renaming changes - best explained by popcornmix:
    Quote:I've created a PR for the dvdplayer/mmal acceleration. Probably too late for Helix, but you never know.
    This was provoked by the resurrection of the openmax acceleration to support tegra (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5348).

I had been hijacking that (with permission from davilla who considered it dead) for the current mmal acceleration.
    This meant I had to go through renaming files and adding new make variables, defines and format enums.

So upshot is we now call accelerated dvdplayer "mmal acceleration" rather than "openmax acceleration", and there's a small chance that something will have broken in the process.
  3. New commit to disable textbox autoscrolling while the screensaver is active - this should help reduce temperatures and unnecessary CPU loading.
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [Confluence] add fallback background - fixes #15429
    • [lang] update of internal addon language files
    • [lang] update of core language files
    • [lang] update of skin.confluence language files
  2. newclock4:
    • [mmal] Add MMAL decoder and MMAL renderer for Raspberry Pi
    • [mmal] Allow mmal codec for dvd stills
    • mmal: Add AC_SUBST
    • [rbp] Disable textbox autoscrolling while on screensaver.
    • Merge pull request #7 from anaconda/no-autoscroll-saver
  3. Custom:
    • Revert: curl: update to curl-7.38.0
I just want to say "THANK YOU" !

I´ve tested a lot of XBMC Versions for Pi, but until the last openelec builds it was never possible to get SPdif with my USB soundcard working in a useable way. Its running now - great job !

Since PVR API change to 1.92 the XVDR Addon for TV doesn´t work anymore.
Is it possible to fix this by myself or do I have to wait until the repo is updated ?
(2014-09-11, 23:43)bylderup Wrote: Since PVR API change to 1.92 the XVDR Addon for TV doesn´t work anymore.
Is it possible to fix this by myself or do I have to wait until the repo is updated ?

No idea whether you can fix it yourself, do you know what the problem is?

You might be able to duplicate the addon in /storage/.xbmc/addons, change the addon id and apply the fix locally. However if you have a fix then submitting it upstream to the repo would be the best option. At least make sure the repo owner is aware of any problem.
So can i just confirm with people that:

For all recent builds, if the defaults for DVD Player/omxplayer are left , then when seeking in a video, if you try to return to play then you can't? - i.e the picture freezes but audio continues?

As popcorn mix suggested, removing omxplayer accell stops this.

Also for all live tv people can you confirm that in this config ( i.e omxplayer accell OFF) then the channel picture ( when minimised for channel preview) is very jerky - until you go to full screen in which case it is fine?

Jus trying to make sure it isn't just my set up! Smile

thanks

pootler
(2014-09-12, 00:29)pootler Wrote: Jus trying to make sure it isn't just my set up! Smile

I've seen things like that. I'll see what I can do.
I think the XVDR TV addon can´t be activated because it´s compiled for pvr api Version 1.91.
I have left a message in Mr. Pipelkas repo on github.

-------------

@pootler :

can confirm that in TV the minimised channel preview picture is slow/crappy and full screen is ok.
I used the VNSI Addon.
(2014-09-08, 00:23)Milhouse Wrote: [*]New 3.16.2 kernel
[*]Temporarily dropped CEC Standby Fix[/url] to see if that helps prevent GUI framerate problems

Millhouse, colleagues,

does anyone have --debug log from that case of staying at 2fps? (grep 'CecLog\|CecStandby' will deliver enough info)

we had exactly that problem reported from users as well but it was back in June (https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issue...closed+fps). If I remember correctly it was caused by strict expectation of becoming active source on cec bus and going off "standby" mode via "onscreensaverdeactivated" event was put badly into the IF.

second problem was with TVs without CEC - that can be solved by setting "cec enabled" to off or just "standby devices on screensaver" to off in XBMC's input device / cec setting.

in regards to LG's, yes, unfortunately LG on top of not very good implementation added own extensions to CEC with ignoring some events at the same time. but that can be fixed by integrating proper (LG) opcode into XBMC's process message handler (to trigger standby off) - like for instance "set language", or "report vendorid" or others.
Thanks mk01.

The CECStandbyRender.patch looks like it received an update today, do you think the changes will be of any benefit for this GUI frame rate problem?

I can re-introduce the updated patch in the next build if you still require debug logs and/or think the update should make a difference.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8