• 127(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1102
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Sun Nov 2 21:01:43 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 31 2014 21:07:06
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version d6e6fbc88f2f7edb93ac9639e121cb45a780aaa4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141102210032-r19538-g55a7f9d [Build #1102]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (55a7f9d4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (df4b51da, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (260df18a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5584: HTTP/Webdav encoding fixes - Fixes ticket #15365
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: Causes segfault when accessing DVD ISO/IFO over SMB (see PR5534)
Build Highlights:
  1. Restore newclock4 "glDrawArrays() to glDrawElements()" commit
  2. Added PR:374 (kodi-pvr-addons) and PR:5625 (kodi)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • projects/imx6/patches/linux: update tbs matrix device tree, (PR:3591, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • projects/imx6/patches/u-boot: update tbs matrix patches (PR:3592, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • scripts/checkdeps: require libxml-parser-perl
    • Revert "scripts/checkdeps: require libxml-parser-perl"
    • projects/Generic/linux: decrease max supported cpus to 8 for i686 builds
    • OpenELEC-settings: update to OpenELEC-settings-0.5.2
    • linux: update to linux-cuboxi-3.14-dc5edb8
    • projects/imx6/patches/linux: remove not needed patch
    • projects/imx6/linux: update kernel config
    • kodi-audioencoder-lame: update to kodi-audioencoder-lame-46592f8
    • kodi-audioencoder-vorbis: update to kodi-audioencoder-vorbis-f75f329
    • kodi-audioencoder-wav: update to kodi-audioencoder-wav-40aaedf
  2. XBMC:
    • rebrand cmake buildsystem for binary addons (PR:5614, 3 commits, 22 files changed)
    • fix script.library type missing in runscript/runaddon checks. (PR:5593, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videodatabase] speed up the video database cleanup for archives (PR:5601, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [musicinfoscanner] keep track of already processed paths while scanning (PR:5594, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Invalidate path hash on remove so the infoscanner can pick it up again (PR:5587, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • Video info scanner fix: scan the entire subtree of path passed to scanner. (PR:5343, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • FIX: [depends] install pvr at the proper, name depdendant, place (PR:5618, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [ios] - fix iphone5s screensize on ios8.x runtime (PR:5630, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • nuke presetlist action. fixes #15518 (PR:5636, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix marking a video with a resume point as watched. (PR:5616, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dynamic dialog size for DialogSelect.xml (PR:5550, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • videorefclock: fix potential segfault on systems which do not support vi... (PR:5633, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • videoplayer: update frametime, it might change due to fps detection (abdf02cf)
      • Switch from glDrawArrays() to glDrawElements(). (f670c7a8)
  4. Custom:
    • Added: PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)
    • Added: PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1102
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Sun Nov 2 21:01:43 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 31 2014 21:07:06
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version Commit:d6e6fbc (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141102210032-r19538-g55a7f9d [Build #1102]

new build, new kernel - unfortunately same old broken hauppauge remote Sad
Hi Millhouse,

Something bad happened with CEC in your latest (or previous build). Today I've upgraded to #1102 (from #1031 I think) and my TV is improperly awaken. It was always put into standby and awaken with Kodi (through CEC) without problem. Today, just after upgrade it just turned on with Kodi but didn't switch to right HDMI input and I had to choose HDMI2 from my TV remote.
popcornmix could you fix the glitch with livetv or revert the commit which causes it. Thanks
(2014-11-03, 16:21)darzur Wrote: Something bad happened with CEC in your latest (or previous build). Today I've upgraded to #1102 (from #1031 I think) and my TV is improperly awaken. It was always put into standby and awaken with Kodi (through CEC) without problem. Today, just after upgrade it just turned on with Kodi but didn't switch to right HDMI input and I had to choose HDMI2 from my TV remote.

Can you identify the first build that causes the problem.
#1025 was first switch to libcec 2.2.0, but there have been a number of CEC changes apart from that, so finding the exact build would be useful.
(2014-11-03, 16:42)gendo Wrote: popcornmix could you fix the glitch with livetv or revert the commit which causes it. Thanks

Sorry, I'll try to do something to resolve this.
I was able to play your dumped files, but the timestamps have already been "corrected" (presumably incorrectly) at this point, so it's hard to work out what they should me.

I really need to make it dump the data straight from the demuxer, before the timestamp correction so I can work out exactly what's happening.
I did start to do that, but it wasn't quite straightforward. I need to revist that.
(2014-11-03, 16:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 16:42)gendo Wrote: popcornmix could you fix the glitch with livetv or revert the commit which causes it. Thanks

Sorry, I'll try to do something to resolve this.
I was able to play your dumped files, but the timestamps have already been "corrected" (presumably incorrectly) at this point, so it's hard to work out what they should me.

I really need to make it dump the data straight from the demuxer, before the timestamp correction so I can work out exactly what's happening.
I did start to do that, but it wasn't quite straightforward. I need to revist that.

thanks if i can help in anyway do let me know. I can repeat errors at will just find channel with low reception and move dish a little..
(2014-11-02, 23:50)Milhouse Wrote:
  • Custom:
    • Added: PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)

just some basic question ...

Is it sufficient to just copy this release to the SD card (start.elf, kernel.img, SYSTEM) to update any plugin (pvr.hts in this case) at the same time; or do I have to disable / uninstall the plugin and install / configure it once again?

Skipping in recordings got much better; not sure whether this is due to this fix or updates on the TVHeadend server side.

Oh and of course: Thank You (and all others) for the time invested in OpenELEC / KODI!
(2014-11-03, 16:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 16:21)darzur Wrote: Something bad happened with CEC in your latest (or previous build). Today I've upgraded to #1102 (from #1031 I think) and my TV is improperly awaken. It was always put into standby and awaken with Kodi (through CEC) without problem. Today, just after upgrade it just turned on with Kodi but didn't switch to right HDMI input and I had to choose HDMI2 from my TV remote.

Can you identify the first build that causes the problem.
#1025 was first switch to libcec 2.2.0, but there have been a number of CEC changes apart from that, so finding the exact build would be useful.

Yes. It first happened in #1101. I'm reverting to #1031 for now.
(2014-11-03, 16:56)gummibaum Wrote: just some basic question ...

Is it sufficient to just copy this release to the SD card (start.elf, kernel.img, SYSTEM) to update any plugin (pvr.hts in this case) at the same time; or do I have to disable / uninstall the plugin and install / configure it once again?

Skipping in recordings got much better; not sure whether this is due to this fix or updates on the TVHeadend server side.

Oh and of course: Thank You (and all others) for the time invested in OpenELEC / KODI!
Just copy the DL file to the "Update" folder on your RPi with SMB and reboot. It should upgrade automatically after that
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
So, the Hifiberry dev has responded, saying he's tested a digi on 3.17 under raspbian and that it worked correctly. I've just tried the 1102 build and it's as before, but I'm using a DAC+ rather than the digi - I believe they're the same chips but could be relevant.

Is anyone here using a Hifiberry digi on these builds and does it work? Or is there some difference between the kernel config on raspbian and openelec which is causing the problem?

I can't see an easy way to test raspbian with 3.17 but I've had a look at the kernel configs to see if I can spot the difference... there are quite a lot....

Raspbian 3.17 kernel config (I think)

Openelec kernel config

Sound related options from Raspbian:
Code:
CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_SND=m
CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER=m
CONFIG_SND_SEQ_DUMMY=m
CONFIG_SND_MIXER_OSS=m
CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS=m
CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER_OSS=y
CONFIG_SND_HRTIMER=m
CONFIG_SND_DUMMY=m
CONFIG_SND_ALOOP=m
CONFIG_SND_VIRMIDI=m
CONFIG_SND_MTPAV=m
CONFIG_SND_SERIAL_U16550=m
CONFIG_SND_MPU401=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2835=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_AUDIO=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_UA101=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_CAIAQ=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_CAIAQ_INPUT=y
CONFIG_SND_USB_6FIRE=m
CONFIG_SND_SOC=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_I2S=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_DAC=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_DACPLUS=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_DIGI=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_AMP=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_RPI_DAC=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_IQAUDIO_DAC=m
CONFIG_SND_SIMPLE_CARD=m
CONFIG_SOUND_PRIME=m

Same options from Openelec:
Code:
CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_SND=m
# CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER is not set
# CONFIG_SND_SEQ_DUMMY is not set !!
# CONFIG_SND_MIXER_OSS is not set
# CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS is not set
# CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER_OSS !!
CONFIG_SND_HRTIMER=m
# CONFIG_SND_DUMMY is not set !!
# CONFIG_SND_ALOOP is not set !!
# CONFIG_SND_VIRMIDI is not set !!
# CONFIG_SND_MTPAV is not set !!
# CONFIG_SND_SERIAL_U16550 is not set !!
# CONFIG_SND_MPU401 is not set !!
CONFIG_SND_BCM2835=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_AUDIO=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_UA101=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_CAIAQ=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_CAIAQ_INPUT=y
CONFIG_SND_USB_6FIRE=m
CONFIG_SND_SOC=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_I2S=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_DAC=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_DACPLUS=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_DIGI=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_HIFIBERRY_AMP=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_RPI_DAC=m
CONFIG_SND_BCM2708_SOC_IQAUDIO_DAC=m
# CONFIG_SND_SIMPLE_CARD is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_PRIME is not set

The items with !! after them were not listed at all in the Openelec config, I've added those lines.
There's also a bunch of other options enabled in the openelec config which aren't listed in the raspbian one.

So... I have some thoughts but nothing conclusive. I'll go ask the dev how he built his kernel as the raspbian config looks a bit sparse for the DAC to work, missing PCM512x for example
(2014-11-03, 19:11)kieranc Wrote: The items with !! after them were not listed at all in the Openelec config, I've added those lines.

I don't imagine any of the !! modules are required for Hifiberry, but best to check with the Hifiberry dev.

Don't forget to disable GPU accelerated resampling which may cause white noise (although I suspect currently you're not getting that far).
(2014-11-03, 19:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 19:11)kieranc Wrote: The items with !! after them were not listed at all in the Openelec config, I've added those lines.

I don't imagine any of the !! modules are required for Hifiberry, but best to check with the Hifiberry dev.

Don't forget to disable GPU accelerated resampling which may cause white noise (although I suspect currently you're not getting that far).

Just to chime in on this one.

I'm fairly confident the issue doesn't hail from the hifiberry driver, but instead from some other change made in the beginning of October:

Firstly, it is not the hifiberry driver but instead the wm8804 codec which fails. The hifiberry depends on wm8804 and fails subsequently.

Secondly, after having looked through the pi kernel repo (github) it seems that the error message is actually produced by core.c (regulator). The actual error message strings are not found in the wm8804.c / hifiberry*.c files but instead in core.c.

Thirdly (though this is only circumstantial i guess) - I found the two pull requests relating to the introduction of support for wolfson audio and fwiw the discussion there mentions exactly the same error messages that is produced now. I'd guess that some change made then (and perhaps committed with the accidental accept of the first pull request) has broken support for the hifiberry.

Best regards
(2014-11-03, 16:56)gummibaum Wrote: Is it sufficient to just copy this release to the SD card (start.elf, kernel.img, SYSTEM) to update any plugin (pvr.hts in this case) at the same time; or do I have to disable / uninstall the plugin and install / configure it once again?

Yes, each build contains the entire OpenELEC system including the latest versions of the stock pvr addons, which includes pvr.hts.

If you install extra, non-standard, addons (pvr or otherwise) then these will not be updated by updating OpenELEC.

To update, just drop the tar file into your Update folder and reboot, there's no need to extract the files.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-03, 19:11)kieranc Wrote: I can't see an easy way to test raspbian with 3.17 but I've had a look at the kernel configs to see if I can spot the difference... there are quite a lot....

Raspbian 3.17 kernel config (I think)

Openelec kernel config

All I can do right now (starting with the next build) is to stop reverting the Wolfson config options (patch) so that the test builds are as close to "stock" from a kernel point of view as possible (the stock kernel config still includes these Wolfson options even though the Wolfson driver is no longer included in 3.17.y).

If the Hifiberry developers are able to identify the problem with the 3.17.y kernel branch and OpenELEC config options that would be great, and I'd be happy to include any changes they propose if it can move this issue forward.
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8