• 5(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
Hi

(2014-06-18, 02:58)DianeDrews Wrote: I'm running Xubuntu 14.10 and i have cloned the git for Gotham 12.1 applied the patch and compiled from the source, here are the steps i took:

$ git clone https://github.com/xhbl/xbmc_dualaudio.git

$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

$ git apply xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch

$ ./bootstrap

$ ./configure

$ make -j4

$ sudo make install

After applying the patch i received these errors:<snip>

I don't think you need to apply the patch at all - it's all in the git repository. I've built this on ubuntu 14.04 and 12.04 successfully using the steps above without the git apply line.

hope that helps
Paul
On a separate line of questioning...

Since installing this version of XBMC from the git i am missing much of the thumbnails which should be displayed in the skin (default confluence) for instance most (not all) of my add-ons thumbnails do not show on my home screen, weather icons do not show up in the forecast screens, the artist slideshow add-on does not show art anymore, etc...

All of this worked fine before the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

D
fix some missing icons by deleting the Textures6.db file
(2014-06-18, 21:59)mrdally204 Wrote: fix some missing icons by deleting the Textures6.db file

I already tried that with no success.

It only removed the few Add-on Icons I did still have...

Thanks,

D

Edit:
I have also tried removing everything including:
$ rm -rf ~/.xbmc
and re-cloning the git and re-building fresh from source, the result is the same.

I get this error message in the log:

20:33:57 T:140218032035776 DEBUG: LoadFromFileInternal - Load of /home/dai/.xbmc/temp/weather/30.png failed.
20:33:57 T:140218032035776 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load image from memory
20:33:57 T:140218032035776 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:33:57 T:140218032035776 DEBUG: LoadFromFileInternal - Load of /home/dai/.xbmc/temp/weather/29.png failed.
20:33:57 T:140218032035776 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load image from memory
20:33:57 T:140218032035776 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

I double checked the folder and the .png's are in the folder where they should be, but XBMC will not load them.

Edit:

After removing everything again and re-installing the normal version of XBMC from Synaptic package manager my icons and such function normally, but that leaves me with only one Audio output Sad
(2014-06-16, 11:17)PaulCarter Wrote: Many many thanks for developing this patch. I've built it and got it running under Ubuntu 12.04 and confirmed it works with both PulseAudio and (with AE_SINK=alsa) Alsa sound servers
I'm happy to upload my xbmc.bin for Ubuntu if it would be useful to have that as a pre-built binary too.
One suggestion though, it would be useful to add to the first post more details (or a link to them) on the need to update settings.xml if just copying a new xbmc.bin across - this stumped me for a while as xbmc won't start without the new audioouput section present.

Perhaps i can get this the way you did, from a standard XBMC install in Ubuntu how did you copy the XBMC.bin across and update the settings.xml?

Thanks
This is brilliant, thank you! I got it working today - a major step forward for XBMC.
(2014-06-17, 19:19)rcrh Wrote: Couple of questions:
1) OpenElec just updated to 4.0.5 does that negate the binary in this post,
2) how do you use the binary? do you copy the TAR to the update folder of OE and reboot or do you have to uncompress the TAR and copy the contents to the update folder or something else?

Thanks.

Same question for me. I want to try this with the latest version of OpenElec on an ATV1 but not sure how to do it. Can anyone provide some step by step? I'm Ok with SHH and command line input and copying files from my Mac to the ATV with CyberDuck. Any help would be great!
Ok...this patch is fantastic! Thanks for that!

Just one "cosmetic" suggestion for a next release: could you add something like "1" and "2" in the settings menu list in order to avoid two labels with the same name (i.e. "Audio output")? Something like "Audio output 1" and "Audio output 2" would be enough...

Or there is some .xml I can edit to achieve this?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2014-06-19, 02:09)DianeDrews Wrote: Perhaps i can get this the way you did, from a standard XBMC install in Ubuntu how did you copy the XBMC.bin across and update the settings.xml?
Hi,
First - to build xbmc to install over the top of a standard install you need to run configure as follows:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr ---disable-debug
Then once it's built copy xbmc.bin to /usr/bin
/usr/sha
Second, you need to add the second audio output section to settings.xml, which is stored in /usr/share/xbmc/system/settings
The easiest way, if you don't have any custom settings that you care about is just to copy the new 'master' from ./system/settings (where . is the root of your development build as in ./configure) over the top of that file.
If you want to preserve your custom settings, open the new one in an editor to copy-and-paste the second 'Audio Output' section between the two (which is what I did), you can find it fairly near the bottom (lines 2595 to 2877 in my version).
I haven't tried changing the label on that section to "audio output 2", which would make it more user-friendly - but expect that would mean changing other file(s) used for translations and so on (although "dual audio output enabled" has been added I think)
Hopefully you'll be able to get it going now.
(2014-06-20, 11:32)PaulCarter Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 02:09)DianeDrews Wrote: Perhaps i can get this the way you did, from a standard XBMC install in Ubuntu how did you copy the XBMC.bin across and update the settings.xml?
Hi,
First - to build xbmc to install over the top of a standard install you need to run configure as follows:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr ---disable-debug
Then once it's built copy xbmc.bin to /usr/bin
/usr/sha
Second, you need to add the second audio output section to settings.xml, which is stored in /usr/share/xbmc/system/settings
The easiest way, if you don't have any custom settings that you care about is just to copy the new 'master' from ./system/settings (where . is the root of your development build as in ./configure) over the top of that file.
If you want to preserve your custom settings, open the new one in an editor to copy-and-paste the second 'Audio Output' section between the two (which is what I did), you can find it fairly near the bottom (lines 2595 to 2877 in my version).
I haven't tried changing the label on that section to "audio output 2", which would make it more user-friendly - but expect that would mean changing other file(s) used for translations and so on (although "dual audio output enabled" has been added I think)
Hopefully you'll be able to get it going now.

Thank you!

This seems to have worked, i wasn't sure at first because i was still only seeing a few add-on icons and having some trouble with failed add-on down loads but after using a VPN to change mirrors everything seems to be working.

I did have one small question about the instructions you provided:

What did you mean with this line?
/usr/sha

Thanks again!
Hi guys!

Referring to the following post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1737902, I was wondering how to merge, if possible, the two builds having one complete solution encompassing both DSPlayer and DualAudio.

I would try to do it, but I really don´t know which could be the starting point...

Thanks for any help!

P.S.: I have also posted in the DSPlayer thread.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2014-06-19, 15:51)nunz56 Wrote:
(2014-06-17, 19:19)rcrh Wrote: Couple of questions:
1) OpenElec just updated to 4.0.5 does that negate the binary in this post,
2) how do you use the binary? do you copy the TAR to the update folder of OE and reboot or do you have to uncompress the TAR and copy the contents to the update folder or something else?

Thanks.

Same question for me. I want to try this with the latest version of OpenElec on an ATV1 but not sure how to do it. Can anyone provide some step by step? I'm Ok with SHH and command line input and copying files from my Mac to the ATV with CyberDuck. Any help would be great!

Can anyone PLEASE HELP with this? I have downloaded this: OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-4.0.4-DualAudio-r017.tar and unzipped. Do I need to copy the files to the .update folder? I can ssh and have access to all the files on the ATV to copy anything needed. I tried extracting the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the target directory and copied those 4 files to /storage/.update and rebooted but that didn't work.
Probably because your trying to install the Generic 64 bit build on an ATV. That build is for X86 systems. ATV is a separate build altogether,
(2014-06-22, 16:09)Chessie Wrote: Probably because your trying to install the Generic 64 bit build on an ATV. That build is for X86 systems. ATV is a separate build altogether,

OK, that helps NUNS56, but what about my original question? Can you tell me what I am supposed to do to update OE?

Thanks.
If you want to use the binaries, it's version 4.0.4 64 bit for the X86 class systems. Just download the OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-4.0.4-DualAudio-r017.tar file and extract the 4 KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the directory named "target". Copy those 4 files to the /storage/.update directory on your OpenElec system and reboot. You should then have dual audio. If you want to stay at 4.0.5 or use one of the other builds such as ATV, you'll need to setup a build environment on another system and apply the patch. Make sure you turn off auto update in the OpenElec settings or 4.0.5 will download and change you back "single" audio.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9