• 7(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
I am just glad there are still exceptions to this (increasing) rule.

@xhbl, thanks for working in such a professional way on this patch. As you state yourself it is not a clean and decent solution, but you've taken care in setting it up in such a way that might encourage (contributing) people to help you turn it into one.

Lets not forget that is how all of the Team-XBMC members started out as well (!). They acted in a professional manner, provided good quality code or other added value to the project and were subsequently asked to join the team.
OpenELEC 4.0.6 with Dual Audio:

Just in case someone still needs the newes Version of OpenELEC with DA patch applied.
OpenELEC 4.0.6. including new commits (until 28.06.2014) and dual audio.

New dropbox folder is here.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
(2014-06-30, 23:15)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: OpenELEC 4.0.6 with Dual Audio:

Just in case someone still needs the newes Version of OpenELEC with DA patch applied.
OpenELEC 4.0.6. including new commits (until 28.06.2014) and dual audio.

Thanks DarkAngel.

Any chance of getting these subsequent patches added to the first message in this thread?
DarkAngel,
Can you post your updated patch file for 4.0.6? I was building an ATV version for nunz56 to try and 4.0.6 has some changes to DVDPlayerAudio files that caused the patch to fail. I just finished the 4.0.4 build for the ATV.

Thanks
nunz56,
Here's the link to a 4.0.4 build for the ATV if you want to give it a try. Without pulling cables, all I could verify was that the ATV works, has the dual audio menus, and had at least HDMI audio working OK.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/384ut0etkkwtuv...-4.0.4.tar
I just used xhbls patch file without any changes for a Generic/x86_64 build and it worked like a charm. I didn't notice any problems with patching xbmc.
All I did was using OpenELEC git repository (openelec-4.0 branch), copying the patch file into the right directory and starting to build.

As I do not need any other builds (like ATV, RaspPi, ...) you have to build it on your own.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
(2014-07-01, 01:39)Chessie Wrote: nunz56,
Here's the link to a 4.0.4 build for the ATV if you want to give it a try. Without pulling cables, all I could verify was that the ATV works, has the dual audio menus, and had at least HDMI audio working OK.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/384ut0etkkwtuv...-4.0.4.tar

Chessie, Thank You soooooomuch for this build. Smile Just checked the forum so it's a bit late to try tonight but will give it a try tomorrow. Or should I wait for a 4.0.6 version? Thanks again for your help!!
I built OpenELEC 4.0.6 (in fact it's devel / between 4.0.6 and 7) Dual Audio for ATV/i386 ...
I used the same branch as Generic/x86_64 (all commits until 06/28 included) and the same patch - except lzo version 2.07.
Here I had to use version 2.06 as version 2.07 (which will be used within OE 4.0.7) claimed about some pre-build-failure when compiling with ATV/i386 toolchain.

OpenELEC 4.0.6 ATV.i386 Dual Audio (including commits 'til 06/28 w/o lzo-2.07)

New dropbox folder is here.

I do not own an AppleTV - so no chance to check if it works. Feedback is welcome Smile
(2014-07-01, 18:20)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: I built OpenELEC 4.0.6 (in fact it's devel / between 4.0.6 and 7) Dual Audio for ATV/i386 ...
I used the same branch as Generic/x86_64 (all commits until 06/28 included) and the same patch - except lzo version 2.07.
Here I had to use version 2.06 as version 2.07 (which will be used within OE 4.0.7) claimed about some pre-build-failure when compiling with ATV/i386 toolchain.

OpenELEC 4.0.6 ATV.i386 Dual Audio (including commits 'til 06/28 w/o lzo-2.07)

I do not own an AppleTV - so no chance to check if it works. Feedback is welcome Smile

Chessie & DarkAngel, Thanks again for taking the time to make these builds! Here is what I did and my results:

- Downloaded and installed Openelec 4.0.6 USB install (via Mac)
- Placed USB stick in ATV and rebooted to XBMC
- Downloaded [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/79rxk0bdzbrzq04/OpenELEC-ATV.i386-4.0.6.tar] (via Mac)
- Unzipped and copied (via CyberDuck) the 4 KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the directory named "target" to the /storage/.update directory on OpenElec system and rebooted

Received the following on reboot:
Checking MACH_KERNEL.md5...
/storage/.update/MACH_KERNEL: OK
Checking SYSTEM.md5...
/storage/.update/SYSTEM: FAILED
md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksums did NOT MATCH
Checking size: OK
md5 check failed. normal startup in 30s..

After that in then booted into XBMC but did not have the Dual Audio.
Should I be installing it in a different manner? Do I need to download on the ATV then unzip to install? Do I need to install OpenElec on the hard drive instead?

Thanks for any additional help.
nunz56,
When I tested the 4.0.4 version yesterday I just untar'd the file and copied the 4 files from the target directory to /storage/.update and rebooted. The system was at 3.2.4 before I did that. I just did the same steps with DarkAngel's 4.0.6 build (the ATV had updated to 4.0.6 Release because I had auto update on) and it worked fine. I would assume that the checksum mismatch is due to one of the files being corrupted during your copyHuh? (Or auto update is on like me and you started getting the new release??) Trying removing the files in .update and copying them over again.
DarkAngel,
I figured out the problem with the patches not applying. I used the instructions from the Openelec Wiki to create my build environment on a Ubuntu 13.11 server:

git clone https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make release

Doing a build from this results in using xbmc-13-741d614 instead of xbmc-13-84725b0 which is what should be in Openelec 4.0.6 and is the version the patches are against.

Git is new to me as I'm an old BSD and Solaris guy. Am I missing a step here that I'm building against an old version. I had assumed that a fresh clone of OpenELEC.tv.git would give me the latest version, but I guess I'm wrong.
(2014-07-02, 01:08)Chessie Wrote: nunz56,
When I tested the 4.0.4 version yesterday I just untar'd the file and copied the 4 files from the target directory to /storage/.update and rebooted. The system was at 3.2.4 before I did that. I just did the same steps with DarkAngel's 4.0.6 build (the ATV had updated to 4.0.6 Release because I had auto update on) and it worked fine. I would assume that the checksum mismatch is due to one of the files being corrupted during your copyHuh? (Or auto update is on like me and you started getting the new release??) Trying removing the files in .update and copying them over again.

- Re-downloaded Openelec 4.0.6 USB install on a new USB stick
- Re-downloaded https://www.dropbox.com/s/79rxk0bdzbrzq0...-4.0.6.tar
- Unzipped and copied (via CyberDuck) the 4 KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the directory named "target" to the /storage/.update directory on OpenElec system and rebooted

Same resultConfusedtorage/.update/SYSTEM: FAILED

I verified I'm on OpelElec 4.0.6 and updates were set to manual. Should I try a hard drive install? Is that what you tried?
My ATV (silver) is a hard drive install. Maybe before doing that you may want to create an empty file named:

/storage/.update/.nocheck

That will skip the MD5 checks during update. Worth a try....
(2014-07-02, 02:30)Chessie Wrote: My ATV (silver) is a hard drive install. Maybe before doing that you may want to create an empty file named:

This time I untar'd the file (tar -xvf OpenELEC-ATV.i386-4.0.6.tar) in a terminal window instead of it unzipping and mounting on my MAC. I copied over to the ATV and both checksums passed and went to updating kernel. Then after about 10 minutes at updating kernel the screen goes blank and ATV light continues to blink amber. I will try a hard drive install tomorrow and report back.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!
(2014-07-02, 02:30)Chessie Wrote: My ATV (silver) is a hard drive install. Maybe before doing that you may want to create an empty file named:

This doesn't seem very useful -.if checksum differs then something bad happened to the file.
Do a manual check before rebooting with md5sum. Maybe the download was influenced by some anti-virus program, upacking failed or file is stored within some bad hdd/ssd/usb sectors.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9