• 6(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hi
Someone excuse my ignorance, but after reading posts 69/70 I realized I am missing a lot on my xbmc install....
I noticed in the video that there's a live tv menu... Do I need a tuner for that? How is that accomplished?
Also, tv shows... Can anyone point me to a tutorial or something?
Thanks
(2014-05-19, 15:31)gixie Wrote: Hi
Someone excuse my ignorance, but after reading posts 69/70 I realized I am missing a lot on my xbmc install....
I noticed in the video that there's a live tv menu... Do I need a tuner for that? How is that accomplished?
Also, tv shows... Can anyone point me to a tutorial or something?
Thanks

Hello, you can find the info in xbmc wiki.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=PVR
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-05-19, 07:05)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 05:14)jsp1 Wrote: Don't care about ChromeOS, sounds perfect. I can't wait...release that baby. Tongue

I posted it on the 'coreboot for chromebooks' G+ community and will integrate it into my script tomorrow (ish)

Only kidding about rushing you..I hope you could tell. But, tomorrow (ish) is great. Smile
(2014-05-19, 05:14)jsp1 Wrote: Don't care about ChromeOS, sounds perfect. I can't wait...release that baby. Tongue

I posted it on the 'coreboot for chromebooks' G+ community and will integrate it into my script tomorrow (ish)

Matt,
Where is that place? Smile
I am searching around but can't find new bios for asus chromebox Smile
(2014-05-19, 16:18)uomiarz Wrote: Matt,

I'm adding it as an option to the script right now Smile

If you've already installed OpenELEC (or anything else) in a standalone configuration, the easily way to flash the updated firmware will be via ChromiumOS, the open-source version of ChromeOS. Download the latest AMD64OS version from here: http://chromium.arnoldthebat.co.uk/

then just download/run the script like you would in ChromeOS
(2014-05-19, 16:18)uomiarz Wrote:

Matt,

coreboot on Chromebooks
FYI
Since I am playing around with different software versions/setups (manjaro arch,xbuntu,openelec) and don't want to start from scratch every time I tried clonezilla (trusty based image)

Clonezilla works fine with chromebox creating/restoring full hard drive backups to external drive.
During boot you had to add kernel option mem=1536M
(2014-05-19, 16:29)uomiarz Wrote: <snip>

not with the new firmware you won't Smile

also, please don't link directly to the fimware file itself since it's not likely to exist permanmently
(2014-05-19, 16:30)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 16:29)uomiarz Wrote: FYI
Since I am playing around with different software versions/setups (manjaro arch,xbuntu,openelec) and don't want to start from scratch every time I tried clonezilla (trusty based image)

Clonezilla works fine with chromebox creating/restoring full hard drive backups to external drive.

not with the new firmware you won't Smile

also, please don't link directly to the fimware file itself since it's not likely to exist permanmently

Ah,no ESC to get to boot menu?
Hmm, not good for testing multiple OSes but definitely best for final build Smile
Thx, I will play with it tonight
(2014-05-19, 16:48)uomiarz Wrote: Ah,no ESC to get to boot menu?
Hmm, not good for testing multiple OSes but definitely best for final build Smile

ESC for boot menu with 5s timeout if external USB/SD devices connected; otherwise, direct boot to internal HDD
(2014-05-19, 16:49)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 16:48)uomiarz Wrote: Ah,no ESC to get to boot menu?

ESC for boot menu with 5s timeout if external USB/SD devices connected; otherwise, direct boot to internal HDD

So why would clonezilla not work?
(2014-05-19, 17:16)uomiarz Wrote: So why would clonezilla not work?

edited my post for clarity. clonezilla will work fine; you won't need the extra kernel boot option (mem=1952M) with my custom firmware.
Matt by having chromiumOS on a USB stick and want to start from scratch to try another os, do we still need to do the old factory reset or can we install something else on top without wiping HDD? . Say from xubuntu to fedora and so on . I'll do that until I find something that doesn't freeze xbmc on me. Though we still can't tell if its only xbmc on *buntu or hardware related honestly. Left overs of an old install can be a problem and I have that feeling of not having a super clean install every time dunno why.

Thanks for the hard work. Regards from Ecuador
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-05-19, 17:50)Veronica Wrote: Matt by having chromiumOS on a USB stick and want to start from scratch to try another os, do we still need to do the old factory reset or can we install something else on top without wiping HDD? . Say from xubuntu to fedora and so on . I'll do that until I find something that doesn't freeze xbmc on me. Though we still can't tell if its only xbmc on *buntu or hardware related honestly. Left overs of an old install can be a problem and I have that feeling of not having a super clean install every time dunno why.

Thanks for the hard work. Regards from Ecuador

if you just want to put a different standalone setup, no reset is necessary. Just boot from USB installer for new OS and wipe/use the internal hard disk.
OP updated with v1.1 of script.

Includes option to flash custom Coreboot firmware for faster boot times and improved compatibility for all standalone setups.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37