• 1(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
Geekbuying has posted a review of the new Minix Neo X8-H which has a custom version of XMBC using full hardware decoding.

Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review

Two things I am adding is the answer to Antutu results and fixed link for presale.

Antutu cheat was found in the kernel by Minix and was removed. Results are now more accurate.

Minix tv box sales page

Geekbuying special on Minix Neo X8 and X-H
is the source code available?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-31, 23:29)nickr Wrote: is the source code available?

I am not sure of Minix's policy on release. The Beelink/Tronsmart AMLogic S802 SOC units do now have source code available for rom developers. There are custom versions for Minix Neo X7 so there is hope. Big Grin
The gpl requires them to release their modified xbmc source code.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-01, 01:25)nickr Wrote: The gpl requires them to release their modified xbmc source code.

I have no idea about XBMC gpl, perhaps you can contact Minix? I am only a potential customer looking for a powerful Android t.v. box that will work very good without major issues. I know that others are looking for the same so I created this thread. I have not ordered one myself yet. Time and testing will tell, perhaps this is the one many are looking for.
(2014-05-31, 22:57)Phoenex Wrote: Geekbuying has posted a review of the new Minix Neo X8-H which has a custom version of XMBC using full hardware decoding.

Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review

Two things I am adding is the answer to Antutu results and fixed link for presale.

Antutu cheat was found in the kernel by Minix and was removed. Results are now more accurate.

Minix tv box sales page

Geekbuying special on Minix Neo X8 and X-H

Thanks for the review, looks very promising!
Android based? Best XBMC ever? Not a snowball chance in hell.
(2014-06-01, 02:02)Phoenex Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 01:25)nickr Wrote: The gpl requires them to release their modified xbmc source code.

I have no idea about XBMC gpl, perhaps you can contact Minix? I am only a potential customer looking for a powerful Android t.v. box that will work very good without major issues. I know that others are looking for the same so I created this thread. I have not ordered one myself yet. Time and testing will tell, perhaps this is the one many are looking for.
If they distribute XBMC then they are obliged to make the source available. That benefits all users because their code modifications make their way into xbmc core code and other people with similar hardware benefit.

If Minix do not distribute their source then they are acting illegally. DOn't support GPL violators.

If they are distributing their source, then that is excellent!
I've ordered 1, for $150.00 and bonus add ons, you can't go wrong, if it flops another learning curve to go with the rest of the next greatest thing since sliced cheese! I have room on my storage shelves.
Oman is the guy behind some development for beelink s802 same box as tronsmart Vega including XBMC.
Here is his version , he said he git cloned from xbmc repos and modified
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...2-platform

Its the same xbmc app that Eric from geekbuying Post. Oman is the official dev from Beelink
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-06-01, 07:34)Veronica Wrote: Oman is the guy behind some development for beelink s802 same box as tronsmart Vega including XBMC.
Here is his version , he said he git cloned from xbmc repos and modified
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...2-platform

Its the same xbmc app that Eric from geekbuying Post. Oman is the official dev from Beelink
A quick read through that thread does not find the source code. Any idea where it is?
(2014-06-01, 03:01)FishOil Wrote: Android based? Best XBMC ever? Not a snowball chance in hell.

Calm down dude, the thread title was taken from the reviewer who is stating it is the best XBMC ever on Android from his experience.
(2014-06-01, 03:01)FishOil Wrote: Android based? Best XBMC ever? Not a snowball chance in hell.

Pretty much what I came here to say Big Grin
(2014-06-01, 12:37)negge Wrote:

Pretty much what I came here to say Big Grin

Why did I even bother to put the word [ANDROID] at the beginning of the thread listing.....just wow...
I totally missed that.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2