• 2(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
I read the title and was under the impression that "Android" refers the to OS system.

"Best XBMC ever" --for Android' would be more clear. From what I can tell, the review is from the seller and supplier?

I've been looking at Freaktab forum on this. The product can do more than the Fire TV and it's tempting but would wait for reviews from buyers when they receive their products.
(2014-06-01, 19:11)Maxii Wrote: I read the title and was under the impression that "Android" refers the to OS system.

"Best XBMC ever" --for Android' would be more clear. From what I can tell, the review is from the seller and supplier?

I've been looking at Freaktab forum on this. The product can do more than the Fire TV and it's tempting but would wait for reviews from buyers when they receive their products.

The subject line was not long enough to add Android, sorry everyone for the confusion.

Geekbuying did the review who we know are motivated to sell units, however they do have a good reputation with customers. Since they are only taking preorders, it will take time to get some independent reviews once shipping starts. Hopefully, someone can do complete testing of features and report back.
Why they don't include ir remote that supports play/pause Stop Forward and Reverse or at least enable this on the internal IR receiver so any universal remote can use it is beyond me...
Does this box differ much from the Neo X7?
Does it play Hi10P 1080P without issues? Then again, it could have quite a few issues and still be the best Android XBMC ever. Undecided
(2014-06-02, 03:59)Dagger17 Wrote: Does this box differ much from the Neo X7?

The are quite a few differences, the biggest being a switch from RockChip to AMLogic , more advanced CPU. big change in GPU going from a quad core Mali-400 to an octo core Mali-450 to name a few. According to the review, full hardware decode all the way up to 4k2k using the Minix custom XBMC on day one. There is a ton of information on the web about the differences that I won't place in this post, Google is your friend.Nod
(2014-06-02, 09:26)DocG Wrote: Does it play Hi10P 1080P without issues? Then again, it could have quite a few issues and still be the best Android XBMC ever. Undecided

The boxes have not even shipped yet, we only have the one review. I would be very surprised if the poorly supported Hi10p 1080P format will play without issues.
(2014-06-02, 09:27)Phoenex Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 03:59)Dagger17 Wrote: Does this box differ much from the Neo X7?

The are quite a few differences, the biggest being a switch from RockChip to AMLogic , more advanced CPU. big change in GPU going from a quad core Mali-400 to an octo core Mali-450 to name a few. According to the review, full hardware decode all the way up to 4k2k using the Minix custom XBMC on day one. There is a ton of information on the web about the differences that I won't place in this post, Google is your friend.Nod

Thanks a lot. Look forward to trying it out!
I got this mail from geekbuying, sent to me at 2:00AM. Of course, I didn't check my email until 8:30AM at work. The mail also ended up in Gmail's spambox.

This is just an excuse from them, why would I NOT want a free m1 mouseHuh!!!

geekbuying Wrote:Hello respected customer:
We realized that your order did not contain the minix m1 air mouse which should be free gift while payment.Could you plase kindly tell us that whether you cancel the gift advisedly or it is system erro ?
Please kindly contact us if you want this minix m1 air mouse witn six hours .(PSConfusedorry to say that once six hour later ,we haven't receive from you ,we will regard you have give it up ,hope you can understand ,thank you!)
Regards
kate
So here is a question:

What would take the most effort to play a 4K video file or a 1080p Hi10p file?
How long is a piece of string?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well let me rephrase the question.

If this X8 is capable of playing 4K video, is there anything to determine whether it can or can't handle 10-Bit video at 720p or 1080p?
h.264 8 bit is commonly hardware decoded. That can include up to quite high frame sizes.

10 bit does not commonly have hardware support.

So I would think that 4k 8 bit is more likely to be a goer than 10 bit anything.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-10, 10:29)nickr Wrote: h.264 8 bit is commonly hardware decoded. That can include up to quite high frame sizes.

10 bit does not commonly have hardware support.

So I would think that 4k 8 bit is more likely to be a goer than 10 bit anything.

That's what I thought. Thanks for that.
You know, 10 bit is not something that the vendor is likely to tout as a feature, or even know exists. Similarly people who do reputable reviews. 10 bit is pretty well a niche (anime fanboy) format, so the only way we will know is when someone buys one and tries it out. Time will tell. Maybe the overall power of the thing will suffice.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2