• 5(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
(2014-06-30, 20:24)Jönke Wrote: How to verify if it does output 23,976 fps in xbmc ?

It's android so it doesn't.
You Android experts please help me. I just received this box and as people have said here, the remote is very limited and it has only 11 commands.

I need much more, Play pause info subtitles. When I use a separate MS remote, I get no response. This box has an internal IR receiver, right?
How can I make it to work with an IR MS remote? Do I have to install an app on the android?

I didn't buy their separate remote because they use a USB dongle and because I want to ultimately use my Harmony Touch,
I need a 100 % IR solution.
IVe got mine yesterday and ive got The small remote M1 or someting ,and Wireless keyboard and 360 controler för playing games and everyting worked without any tweeks,
Yes, it's a very nice device. The only big letdown is to make it work with an IR MCE remote. They have a forum, I will dig deeper there.
(2014-07-02, 20:41)Zodler Wrote: You Android experts please help me. I just received this box and as people have said here, the remote is very limited and it has only 11 commands.

I need much more, Play pause info subtitles. When I use a separate MS remote, I get no response. This box has an internal IR receiver, right?
How can I make it to work with an IR MS remote? Do I have to install an app on the android?

I didn't buy their separate remote because they use a USB dongle and because I want to ultimately use my Harmony Touch,
I need a 100 % IR solution.

Just let them know if you don't like it, just don't be surprised if Minix will ignore these requests
http://minixforums.com/posts/49529/
Has anybody used a Logitech Harmony remote with one of these? What setting did you use if so?
I used harmony for X5, the device was already in the database.
You can always learn the commands from the original remote.
Once again the IR commands are very limited so I was not impressed with Minix
how the responded to request to expand the IR remote receiver capability
http://minixforums.com/threads/ir-receiv...post-49510
and did not purchase X7 and will not purchase X8
lifeisfun, what device (maybe Android device) would you recommend with better IR support (More buttons like MCE).

I have used many mini pcs and Zotac Zbox, but I want something small light and quiet like Minix.
(2014-07-08, 11:44)lifeisfun Wrote: I used harmony for X5, the device was already in the database.

That's a real bummer, I'm expecting my x8h to arrive tomorrow, I just assumed that you'd be able to simply fast forward etc by remote. No idea why they would fail to include such a basic function? I can only hope that there is some way of it accepting commands via IR that aren't included on their own remote control, I somehow doubt it though...shame Sad
(2014-07-08, 13:18)Zodler Wrote: lifeisfun, what device (maybe Android device) would you recommend with better IR support (More buttons like MCE).

I have used many mini pcs and Zotac Zbox, but I want something small light and quiet like Minix.
None right now but MyGica promised to look in to it.
I'm using the 582 with flirc and it works great.

(2014-07-08, 22:31)jimihat Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 11:44)lifeisfun Wrote: I used harmony for X5, the device was already in the database.

That's a real bummer, I'm expecting my x8h to arrive tomorrow, I just assumed that you'd be able to simply fast forward etc by remote. No idea why they would fail to include such a basic function? I can only hope that there is some way of it accepting commands via IR that aren't included on their own remote control, I somehow doubt it though...shame Sad

Well, let them know what you think...
The remotes they give you are just a throw in. All you gotta do is spend like 20 bucks and get a better one. Like the rii series. There are many that work fine.
That's not true Electroman15. RF remotes that need USB dongle are not good. For universal remotes the device should be 100% IR compatible.

The question is not if their remote is good. Who cares, I don't use their remote, I have a universal remote.
The question is that the device itself should receive the IR commands and it doesn't.
Just setting up my X8H now and I'm loving it so far. XBMC seems to have a steep learning curve compared to my old YAMJ setup via a PopcornHour A210 but obviously XBMC has so much more to offer. Such a shame that I wont be able to program my Harmony 900 with more commands than the standard crappy remote comes with Sad
(2014-07-10, 13:25)Electroman15 Wrote: The remotes they give you are just a throw in. All you gotta do is spend like 20 bucks and get a better one. Like the rii series. There are many that work fine.

Only in your dreams...

(2014-07-10, 18:32)jimihat Wrote: Just setting up my X8H now and I'm loving it so far. XBMC seems to have a steep learning curve compared to my old YAMJ setup via a PopcornHour A210 but obviously XBMC has so much more to offer. Such a shame that I wont be able to program my Harmony 900 with more commands than the standard crappy remote comes with Sad

Once again, let them know, they think it's not needed as you can see from the arrogant reply I got from Minix.

(2014-07-10, 13:39)Zodler Wrote: That's not true Electroman15. RF remotes that need USB dongle are not good. For universal remotes the device should be 100% IR compatible.

The question is not if their remote is good. Who cares, I don't use their remote, I have a universal remote.
The question is that the device itself should receive the IR commands and it doesn't.

That's exactly right
I've already sent a complaint to Minix regarding the IR functionality, no reply as yet.

Now here's a weird one. I have strange black bars covering the top and bottom of MOST of the picture on playback. Any ideas how to get rid of them? it's odd they they don't cover 100% of the width of the picture...

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2