• 9(current)
Linux Minix Neo X8-H review
Seems like the slowdowns and 23,976 fps output is finally solved in latest beta firmware
i wan't firmware for neo x8h.
any one can help me?

(2014-06-01, 03:01)FishOil Wrote: Android based? Best XBMC ever? Not a snowball chance in hell.

Hi
i'v got the minix x8-h for all most 5 month with XBMC 13.3 GOTHAM, AEON NOX GOTHAM 4.1.9.9. skin(with XBMC launcher )
which is a "heavy skin" with all the prime add on's - xbmctorrent, cu lrc lyrics, gomovies, gotv, genesis,tune radio, pvr, big audio library (150 giga) with fanart,cdart lyrics folder, music playlists, big video library (most of it 1080p), artworks all widgets is on, subtitles, scrapers, and tons of other stuff.
1080p video output
the user data folder is about 2.5 giga

all this..... and 1 word: flawlessly

and to be honest , i don't really care about "not having a 1080p 24 kernel" or 10 bit /8 bit or whatever ,
THE USER EXPERIENCE IS WHAT MATTER!
and it's beyond expectation with minix.NO movie ever stop and crush. the video is nice and smoove. NO jittering.
i use my minix only as media center and nothing else with "XBMC Launcher " and the basic app that comes with the rom. i use HP ProLiant MicroServer Generation 8 as my nas.i changed the jumper inside minix box so it would work when ever he recognize power, so if theres a electrical blackout, the minute the power is back so MINX. actually it is 24/7
i also use my minix as my music distributor which connected to a "2 zone" Yamaha RX-V673 - NO TrueHD.
if i'm sitting in the backyard where the zone 2 of the avr is, i use "XBMC Remote" app in my smart phone to stream the music (there are tons of remote app for XBMC in the market and app store)
when i'm in the living room (where my tv is) i just use the tv remote to control XBMC (with "cec" option in the minix setting)
and what can i tell you -life is good !
what else can you ask from 150 $ device?
the overall experience is pretty damn good .maybe not the best hardware, but more than enough for XBMC with the hardest setting that i can find.
that's it folks, i state my case....i... my way ...bla bla bla ...

(2014-06-20, 14:35)hdmkv Wrote: Do you use hd audio? Is it bitstreaming (passing through) ? What about 3D. Does it play MVC MKV and ISO's via XBMC in full (frame-packed) 3D? Thanks.

it play mkv very well and also 3d.
TrueHD and DTS-MA- no, which is fine by me, dolby digital and dts is more than enough for me!
(how many of you and all XBMC users have AVR with TrueHD?...? give me a break)
(Avatar 3D SBS [BluRay 1080p][DTS-AC3 5.1 Castellano_DTS English + Subs. Español][2009])-which is mkv file - no problem what so ever

Thanks
Refael.
I got a Probox2 EX two days ago based on positive reviews on the Web and YouTube, but I'm pretty disappointed with it. It scores higher in benchmarks than Minix X8-H, but so what?! After using Fire TV, this thing feels clunky... basically a tablet on a big screen. Navigation is awkward, gaming is awkward. XBMC runs well, but I prefer using it on Fire TV as their remote is simple and works effortlessly. I'm thinking of eBay'ing the Probox. At $150, I could get 2 Fire TV's, especially via the Staples.com deal.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-07-18, 23:18)ministerjee Wrote: anyone knows a quicker way to copy all xbmc folder(all repos/addons) from minix x7 to X8-H?

yes. u could do that
copy the the addon folder
and the user data folder
from x7 to x8

refael
(2014-07-24, 01:18)ministerjee Wrote: well, i went with using es file explorer, and all is good now.
(2014-07-19, 04:09)majik12 Wrote: Sorry this has gone OT. Oh yeah for sure, xbmc backup tool in invaluable for this. it'll even save your menu's the exact same way you had them so you can transfer it over to any number of devices. All addons, repo's and addon data is also saved. I swap back and forth from an android and PC without any issues at all with addons, skin settings etc.

i m having another problem with my X8-H now, im connected via HDMI to my AVR (HDMI passthru is selected in minix settings), and minix 4K player shows DD/DTS playing on my AVR, but my xbmc does not show that?? is this common problem, or anyone know how to fix it.?? My xbmc audio setting only shows two settings to choose from, analog or digitalcoax /SPDIF. (note: im using the beyond XBMC version and not the minix xbmc version)

Where can I get a copy of the beyond XBMC version?
Beelink r89 blows this box away.
Welcome to XBMC forums.

Did you join just to advertise?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What you mean advertise? Just sharing my experience. Is that ok? I have the mini x8-h and beelink r89 the better product in my experience is the beelink r89 and its also alot cheaper so I thought maybe some people would like to know this.
BTW thx for the warm welcome. Smile
(2014-10-24, 09:30)ICUD2 Wrote: What you mean advertise? Just sharing my experience. Is that ok? I have the mini x8-h and beelink r89 the better product in my experience is the beelink r89 and its also alot cheaper so I thought maybe some people would like to know this.

He means that there is a lot of astro-turfing in this forum.

Folks who sign up just to say some really good things about some just-launched product look very suspicious, like they're being paid by the company to advertise. Don't take it personally - but it happens a lot and it is bloody annoying to the rest of us.
Thx man. I'm not being paid to do anything like that. Lol I'm in canada and just new to the forums. I appreciate your reply.[/b]

[b]
(2014-06-01, 01:25)nickr Wrote: The gpl requires them to release their modified xbmc source code.

(2014-06-01, 03:26)nickr Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 02:02)Phoenex Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 01:25)nickr Wrote: The gpl requires them to release their modified xbmc source code.

I have no idea about XBMC gpl, perhaps you can contact Minix? I am only a potential customer looking for a powerful Android t.v. box that will work very good without major issues. I know that others are looking for the same so I created this thread. I have not ordered one myself yet. Time and testing will tell, perhaps this is the one many are looking for.
If they distribute XBMC then they are obliged to make the source available. That benefits all users because their code modifications make their way into xbmc core code and other people with similar hardware benefit.

If Minix do not distribute their source then they are acting illegally. DOn't support GPL violators.

If they are distributing their source, then that is excellent!

(2014-10-24, 13:21)twelvebore Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 09:30)ICUD2 Wrote: What you mean advertise? Just sharing my experience. Is that ok? I have the mini x8-h and beelink r89 the better product in my experience is the beelink r89 and its also alot cheaper so I thought maybe some people would like to know this.

He means that there is a lot of astro-turfing in this forum.

Folks who sign up just to say some really good things about some just-launched product look very suspicious, like they're being paid by the company to advertise. Don't take it personally - but it happens a lot and it is bloody annoying to the rest of us.
Minix now claiming 3D support w/latest their XBMC build. Unknown if it means frame-packed 3D; can someone with X8 try?

Update: Sadly, no frame-packed 3D. See here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Quote:MINIX has now announced an updated version of their MINIX NEO X8-H android media player simply called MINIX NEO X8-H Plus, replacing Amlogic S802 by Amlogic S812, which brings support for video playback of H.265 / HEVC videos up to 4K resolution, and Gigabit Ethernet. The Wi-Fi module also appears to been upgraded to support 802.11ac.

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/11/20/m...z3JcJMpuSP
Has anyone tried 1080i MPEG2 (live tv) playback on this box and can comment on deinterlacing and general playback quality for this material? Thanks.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo X8-H review2