• 41(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
In my effort to get this working for Kodi 19 I'm running into issues with settings. I am unable to change the Default TTS Engine. It appears to work, but the changes don't get saved. There is other weirdness. I don't know if this is a Kodi 19 issue, or what. Investigating.
(2020-05-21, 17:50)fbacher Wrote: In my effort to get this working for Kodi 19 I'm running into issues with settings. I am unable to change the Default TTS Engine. It appears to work, but the changes don't get saved. There is other weirdness. I don't know if this is a Kodi 19 issue, or what. Investigating.

I'm pretty interested to have this up and running around the release, so if there's anything I can do to test this, feel free to reach out!
Hello. I use the latest version of kodi on android but I don't have a screen reader. After the installation, I have the sound of the launch, but Kodi Screen Reader does not voice anything. I also can't change the voice engine in the settings. Tell me what the reason might be.
(2020-11-21, 09:53)Nikita Tarasov Wrote: Hello. I use the latest version of kodi on android but I don't have a screen reader. After the installation, I have the sound of the launch, but Kodi Screen Reader does not voice anything. I also can't change the voice engine in the settings. Tell me what the reason might be.

The Kodi screenreader doesn't work reliably under any version of Android, iOS or FireOS. You'll need to use the Windows, Mac or Linux operating system.
(2020-11-21, 12:44)kennyw Wrote:
(2020-11-21, 09:53)Nikita Tarasov Wrote: Hello. I use the latest version of kodi on android but I don't have a screen reader. After the installation, I have the sound of the launch, but Kodi Screen Reader does not voice anything. I also can't change the voice engine in the settings. Tell me what the reason might be.

The Kodi screenreader doesn't work reliably under any version of Android, iOS or FireOS. You'll need to use the Windows, Mac or Linux operating system.

Thank you. right I realized I won't be able to run it on android? Are android support planned for the future?
(2020-05-19, 02:02)fbacher Wrote: I have a version of tts plugin working with Kodi 19. Very little testing has been done and only on Linux. I haven't yet checked to see of owner of TTS is doing this or would like any help.
(2021-01-10, 02:48)vbprofi Wrote:
(2020-05-19, 02:02)fbacher Wrote: I have a version of tts plugin working with Kodi 19. Very little testing has been done and only on Linux. I haven't yet checked to see of owner of TTS is doing this or would like any help.

I'm interested on this version for linux. give an chance to get that version?
best regards
Hi everyone

Some time ago I asked on reddit how a blind person used kodi. A reddit user helped me with this by telling me that using the keyboard it was possible to activate the kodi screen reader. The technique was to press A, then D and then S and press down 9 times and enter twice. The problem is that this technique does not work on the kodi 18.9 version. Is there a new way to activate the screen reader in kodi using the keyboard? Thank you all.
Hi, it is now 10 times instead of 9.

They've added another addon in that section.
Hello. I can test the kodi 19 version on windows. also I can try to run this on android
Photo 
(2021-02-12, 18:10)Nikita Tarasov Wrote: Hello. I can test the kodi 19 version on windows. also I can try to run this on android

as I wrote before in version 18.9 kodi screen reader does not work on android. would like to check on kodi19
hi this is paul. i just updated kodi to v19 matrix. the kodi screen reader addon is not in the official repo. what is going on with addon development. i am blind and need this to access kodi and ever since kodi 19 update and conversion to python 3  this addon wich is at version 1.8.0 will not work on kodi 19. i am at a loss as to what to do i dont want to stop using kodi due to inaccessibility of ui. please help! and if there is anything i can do to help test please let me know.
Hello,

Today I have installed Kodi v19 on my linux laptop.
I have spent a few hours with 2to3 script and created a dirty python 3 based port that works somehow.
It's working fine for me under linux. I've tested speech-dispatcher, eSpeak and pico2wave.
Browsing most of the windows is working great. I have noticed some regressions in the PVR section with confluence skin.
Builtin keymap is working fine.
Service does not freeze Kodi when exiting.
Addon settings are working the way they used to in v18 and earlier Kodi versions.

I've no packages so far as I think this is not release quality at all but if you can give me hints, feel free to take a look.
Question 
(2021-03-03, 23:24)pvagner Wrote: Hello,

I have spent a few hours with 2to3 script and created a dirty python 3 based port that works somehow.
It's working fine for me under linux. I've tested speech-dispatcher, eSpeak and pico2wave.
Browsing most of the windows is working great. I have noticed some regressions in the PVR section with confluence skin.
Addon settings are working the way they used to in v18 and earlier Kodi versions.

I've no packages so far as I think this is not release quality at all but if you can give me hints, feel free to take a look.
(2021-03-06, 12:07)Nikita Tarasov Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 23:24)pvagner Wrote: Hello,

Hello. where can I download it to test it? I have kodi 19 but the supplement is not updated.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10