• 5(current)
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC
(2014-06-19, 17:59)Martijn Wrote: you should be able to update to Helix without a problem as db versions are still the same.
As always it is safest to update ALL clients and not run mixed versions

Thats awesome,

Also i was wondering is there a changelog for the database upgrades located anywhere accessible, so when there are changes i can find out rather then running SQL compares.

Thank-you.
Check Out My 5 User XBMC Tutorial
If i have helped you please REP+
(2014-06-19, 18:14)N4TH4N Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 17:59)Martijn Wrote: you should be able to update to Helix without a problem as db versions are still the same.
As always it is safest to update ALL clients and not run mixed versions

Thats awesome,

Also i was wondering is there a changelog for the database upgrades located anywhere accessible, so when there are changes i can find out rather then running SQL compares.

Thank-you.

github commit list
there's one file that hold all database upgrade code. not sure which one.
so if you watch that file you know something changed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...tabase.cpp
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...tabase.cpp
Cool, although i noticed when I installed latest nightly DB version changed to MyMusic48 and MyVideo79
And won't it overwrite DB code when doing upgrades, meaning you should re-apply SQL code again?

Quote:As always it is safest to update ALL clients and not run mixed versions
Standard action Wink
If its changed from 46 to 48 and 78 to 79 that sql code will need to be changed for helix. The changes will be very minor.

When i get a chance ill release an upgrade script for current users and a separate helix sql for new users.
(2014-06-15, 11:28)N4TH4N Wrote: Not yet sorry, i have had a busy week at work and was also preparing for some on track drifting which happened on friday. I should have some free time over the next couple of weeks to look at it.
Any progress made or still busy?
(2014-07-04, 11:43)schumi2004 Wrote: Any progress made or still busy?

...no pressure or anything. Cool
Hey guys, i'm still quite keen to get it happening. I've just picked up some new clients so i have been very busy.

I'm also looking into making a Mac and Android script.
suggestion about couple profile-family profile to include all possible cases
Two tipe of profiles: single and group
At setup, create single1, single2, single3...
And then create group 1 with include single1, single2
group2 include single3, single4
group3 include all singles, etc
A GUI with tick boxes simplifies all process

My wish for Santa :-P
@N4TH4N
Could you give instructions on how to use your mod in Helix?
Or how to upgrade?

OpenELEC released a Helix beta and wanted to try this but want to keep my DB structure.
You have info on the client builds? I am looking at adding a second PC for our bedroom.
(2014-07-04, 22:27)narvatu Wrote: suggestion about couple profile-family profile to include all possible cases
Two tipe of profiles: single and group
At setup, create single1, single2, single3...
And then create group 1 with include single1, single2
group2 include single3, single4
group3 include all singles, etc
A GUI with tick boxes simplifies all process

My wish for Santa :-P

Until there is a simpler solution, which i doubt will be anytime soon or even ever. This wont be plausible. As it would take 25 profiles to cover all possibilities. Tick boxes would be great, but i wouldn't even know where to start.

(2014-07-18, 01:21)schumi2004 Wrote: @N4TH4N
Could you give instructions on how to use your mod in Helix?
Or how to upgrade?

OpenELEC released a Helix beta and wanted to try this but want to keep my DB structure.

I will need to make a upgrade script for helix. Sorry but i have not had much free time recently. I have paused tinkering with XBMC for a little while as its currently running pretty flawlessly, except for the feature requests. I spent a few hours trying to get the cross profiles functioning perfectly but its still a bit to iffy to release just yet. I'll put together a helix upgrade script next time i'm in the XBMC tinker zone.

(2014-07-26, 16:54)rmilyard Wrote: You have info on the client builds? I am looking at adding a second PC for our bedroom.

My builds cost roughly $320 each.

The socket i used in my build is now discontinued so its no longer directly relevant. But here are the specs anyway so you can find something similar.

Case: Fractal Core 1000
PSU: Corsair VS350
Motherboard: ASRock H71M-DGS
CPU: Intel G1620
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600
Graphics: HD5450
SSD: 60GB Kingston V300

As you can see its a very basic build, but it does the job fine.
@N4TH4N
How are you?
Did you found some time yet to create a update script and maybe family profile?
If not i'll think i'll drop the database stuff for now and update to Helix anyway and wait for it to be finished.
(2014-08-20, 10:17)schumi2004 Wrote: @N4TH4N
How are you?
Did you found some time yet to create a update script and maybe family profile?
If not i'll think i'll drop the database stuff for now and update to Helix anyway and wait for it to be finished.

Hey, I had a fair amount of trouble setting up the family profile. It was not stable enough to release, i have not given up completely, but after spending many hours failing to get it to work correctly, i temporarily gave up. If it were easier it would already be done.

I plan on getting an update script ready by the time Helix gets to beta. Personally i'm after the most stable experience, which for now is why i'm staying on 13.2.
UPDATE: Now that Helix has hit feature freeze ill start developing a new script.

It will NOT include a family profile. Sorry, but it does not work as we hoped.

It was a great idea/concept but for now will remain as an idea. If any other developers want to try, be my guest.

Also from now on scripts will be Windows only. Linux/Mac users will need to run the scripts on Windows and copy/paste the XBMC data folder.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC5