Why do I keep getting banned?
Why is it I keep regularly getting banned?

I'm averaging once every 2-3 weeks.

And every time email contact@xbmc.org I don't get a response or reason why I've been banned.

Anyone care to shed lightHuh
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Hi there,

As far as I can tell, you haven't been banned? I had a look through the mod logs from the last month, and the only banning done was Goodbye spammer (which wouldn't apply to you ofcourse, and if it did, you couldn't post now)

When was the last time you had issues, and what do you notice when it happens?

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

A different account is probably the target, but there night be overlap of IP addresses or a certain range. Not sure how MyBB handles bans and IPs. There might be a whitelist feature we can use to prevent you from getting blocked, though.
Yesterday

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Are you connecting through a proxy by any chance?
Nope. Was just on mobile phone using 3G.

Seems to occur when I'm on 3G and I haven't access to WiFi.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've had this. [excluding my real one Tongue ]

Usually gets fixed an hour or 2 after I've emailed the contact email address.

But could it just be my phones 3G connection changing IP address and thus letting me back in?

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

3G seems to change IPs a lot. At least when I use Verizon that seems to be the case, not sure about other carriers.
try forum app

all the best

Paul
You are using a mobile phone on 3g - so yes, you are going through the proxy of your provider.
I am guessing either that proxy is banned, or your provider is giving you an IP which was previously assigned to a user which has been banned.

Next time please note the IP address you got assigned when you notice the ban and PM it to me when you get back home - I'll take a look at the banlist then.
Will do!

Cheers.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-06-16, 09:40)jammyb Wrote: Nope. Was just on mobile phone using 3G.

I've had this message on 3G before. Was fine once I was back on wifi.
Given that we're more and more mobile, this might become a more widespread issue down the road. That had me thinking; Do MyBB identify client browser? If that is the case - maybe it would be possible to to a 'captcha' if a "mobile" browser is detected (this way you don't have to attempt to differentiate mobile proxy/shared IPs - mine for one does unique, dynamic IPs). I'm still not sure if this is a viable basis for circumvening an IP-based ban (given that a change of connection >> IP resolves this) - but the rough idea has now been aired.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Actually IPv6 will mostly take care of this issue as it will get rid of non-transparent proxies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why do I keep getting banned?0