• 7(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
Was directed here from the openelec testbuilds thread. From my brief testing, it seems the latest build (#1001) with dbmandrake fixes works similarly to how it used to on ios 7. The previous build I was using had no ios 8 fixes, and airplay didn't work (obviously).

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this!
(2014-10-02, 04:47)edwr Wrote: Was directed here from the openelec testbuilds thread. From my brief testing, it seems the latest build (#1001) with dbmandrake fixes works similarly to how it used to on ios 7. The previous build I was using had no ios 8 fixes, and airplay didn't work (obviously).

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this!
Thanks for the report. Smile

I had to go digging in newclock4 to see which version of the proposed fixes were implemented in the OpenElec test build - I see that its just the change of features to 0xF7.

When you say it works similarly to how it was in iOS 7 do you mean there are still other airplay problems that were there in iOS 7 ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-10-01, 19:28)Blacksus Wrote: Is there any way to apply this "patch" to raspbmc? I've no idea where to change the features, as you say. I'm kind of a noob but I miss AirPlay on my pi since I've used it every day. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
I don't have a build environment for the Raspberry Pi so I can't build a fixed version myself unfortunately. I've forwarded the details to Sam of Raspbmc though so if he gets time he might be able to include the fixes in an update.

(2014-10-02, 03:19)jyavenard Wrote: it is with myth.

but the logic behind it is extremely close to xbmc... and here the problem is that the airplay server not even getting queries from the iPhone...
so doesn't matter how things are implemented...
One thought - double check it's 0xF7 not 0x7F. I've noticed that I've got these mixed up in many of my posts, and have had to go back and edit them to avoid causing confusion... Wink

Can you try building a version of XBMC with the change to compare with MythTV ? There must be something else different. The iOS device may not be sending any data because previous interactions with the server have left it in an undefined state. I've noticed problems like that when experimenting with the bitmask that its easy for the iOS device to end up stuck in limbo if you don't respond in all the right ways...
No time yet Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-02, 10:21)DBMandrake Wrote: When you say it works similarly to how it was in iOS 7 do you mean there are still other airplay problems that were there in iOS 7 ?
I didn't mean much by that, just that everything I remember working before (drm-less video, music, and photos) now work again. Switching to airplay mid-video actually semi-works now, playing the video from the beginning, whereas iirc before it would just fail. That's not something I've tested recently on ios 7 though, as I just got used to switching to airplay before playing any video.
I have tested that flag for a short time @DBMandrake - it looks not so bad really. But when streaming a video from the camera roll i still have the problem now that it only sends an url in ipv6 form like http://[stupid:ip:v6:address]:7001/1/crypticfilename.mov ... problem is that XBMC can't play those urls and its not so straight forward to make them play.

@jyavenard any chance that this is the problem you are hitting?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz, can you please create a new build? Issues with Python an the on-screen keyboard have been fixed since your 20140924 release.
hu?
Well I'm currently using the Kodi Alpha4 from September 29 with your iOS 8 AirPlay fix. (You posted a link to this version earlier this thread). However at that time (late september) the Kodi nightlies suffered from bugs with the on-screen keyboard and Python. I noticed these problems have been fixed in recent nightlies.

As your (and DBMandrake's) iOS 8 AirPlay fix works really well for me, could you please release a new build based on the latest Kodi nightly with your AirPlay fix?
no - its merge window atm (other bugs will be merged for sure) and i aim for a solution which will be merged into mainline anyways - those are testbuilds and i won't provide "releases" with non-final bugfixes just because people are unpatient - sorry... i might provide other testbuilds once something is worth for beeing tested by the interested users though...
(2014-10-02, 23:57)Memphiz Wrote: I have tested that flag for a short time @DBMandrake - it looks not so bad really. But when streaming a video from the camera roll i still have the problem now that it only sends an url in ipv6 form like http://[stupid:ip:v6:address]:7001/1/crypticfilename.mov ... problem is that XBMC can't play those urls and its not so straight forward to make them play.
So you're saying video from the camera roll doesn't work at all for you now ?

I'm not seeing IPv6 URL's from the photos apps, but then I haven't had IPv6 enabled on my PC or Mac...do you ?

I just tried enabling IPv6 on the windows PC, it definitely has an IPv6 address in addition to it's IPv4 address but requests for video from the photos app still look like this:

Code:
15:11:48 T:7160   DEBUG: CCurlFile::GetMimeType - http://10.0.10.125:7001/1/042af4c0-0e86-515c-b40f-7225ed760233.MOV|User-Agent=AppleCoreMedia%2f1.0.0.8F455%20(AppleTV%3b%20U%3b%20CPU%20OS%204_3%20like%20Mac%20OS%20X%3b%20de_de) -> application/octet-stream

I'm not sure how to tell whether the iPad also has an IPv6 address - it doesn't show one under wifi properties...

As a hack if a connection can't be made to the IPv6 address can you just find the IP address that the original airplay request came from and substitute that as a fall back ?

Would that also be a workaround for the cases where a hostname is provided but can't be resolved due to dns issues ? (something that showed up in the iOS 7 thread a number of times)

I still haven't worked out why some iOS devices are providing a hostname to connect to for airplay requests (ipad.local etc) and some just an IP address.... mine always provides just an IP address on both work and home networks...
(2014-10-02, 23:57)Memphiz Wrote: I have tested that flag for a short time @DBMandrake - it looks not so bad really. But when streaming a video from the camera roll i still have the problem now that it only sends an url in ipv6 form like http://[stupid:ip:v6:address]:7001/1/crypticfilename.mov ... problem is that XBMC can't play those urls and its not so straight forward to make them play.

@jyavenard any chance that this is the problem you are hitting?

no... I don't see the iphone sending any queries whatsoever other than /photo
the URL to the videos is never sent (and myth does support ipv6 addresses).

I do have 0xF7 in features ...
That is really odd. It works pretty good here. The ipv6 problem i had was due to setting the protocol version to 150.something (was a leftover from previous tests). Now that i have reverted that and only changed the flags it works as good as it can go so far.
(2014-10-06, 08:43)Memphiz Wrote: That is really odd. It works pretty good here. The ipv6 problem i had was due to setting the protocol version to 150.something (was a leftover from previous tests). Now that i have reverted that and only chged the flagsit works as good as it can go so far.

New test version. I used 0x20F7 as feature flags (this is what DBMandrake figuredt + photo asset cache). When the ios8 compatibility is enabled (defaults to on) in addition to the changed featureflags the /play handler also supports starting playback paused.

I have it set to 115.2 and I'm seeing IPv6 addresses too
i have set it to 101.28 and it stopped sending ipv6 adresses again... - maybe that missbehavior i see is due to protocol version bugs or something like that. Can you double check if it still doesn't work for you with one of the xbmc test builds?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1