• 8(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-10-06, 08:49)Memphiz Wrote: i have set it to 101.28 and it stopped sending ipv6 adresses again... - maybe that missbehavior i see is due to protocol version bugs or something like that. Can you double check if it still doesn't work for you with one of the xbmc test builds?

works the same way as mythtv...

it works about once in 10 times for the Photos applications...

most of the time, I only see the photo (even when I select a video). Pressing play does nothing.

and suddenly once in a while it works fine...

Well, at least it's not something in my code that I do differently. as I'm seeing the same behaviour here. And I won't have to implement caching (I thought that it could have made a difference seeing that you have that and I don't)

I use an iPhone 6.
I have iOS 8.0.0 and you? Also i only tested on osx (10.9.5) for now. Which platform are you trying?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-06, 08:43)Memphiz Wrote: The code for the testversion is here:

pull request to mainline: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5410
What's the best way for me to build your PR from source ?

Can I just fetch and build your entire ios8airplay branch, or is there other stuff in there ?

Or should I fetch master and cherry-pick the commits in the PR on top of it ? (Is there an automated way to cherry-pick/rebase an entire PR from the command line - sorry for the git newbie question)

I don't want to run your compiled build as the windows version replaces/upgrades my Gotham install... (unless there is a way to do a portable install with the windows installer that I didn't notice)

I prefer the flexibility of building it from source anyway in case I want to experiment with changes or run a debugger.

Quote:There are still the known missbehaviors:
1. Only first video from camera roll behaves correct - restart playback results in black screen on ios and non commands are sent to xbmc
This is probably going to be a work in progress for a while I think, unless someone can guess what the client is doing or expecting...
Quote:2. When streaming from youtube safari - each video is started paused (when changing videos one has to hit the play button on the client) - this is even true when not allowing the "/play" handler to start paused because ios sends a /rate 0 command directly after /play anyways which pauses the video instantly.
Are we sure this is a bug and not intended behaviour ?

I've just done some testing with reflector - in mirrored mode when I click on a youtube link in safari the video starts playing automatically as it switches itself from mirroring to full screen video, and I'm presuming an Apple TV does the same. (I've never used an Apple TV)

However with mirroring turned off reflector behaves exactly the same as xbmc - clicking a youtube link starts playback but immediately pauses it so you have to press play.

If I press home while its playing video playback terminates, however if I re-launch Safari the video immediately resumes playing with no other action.

Does an Apple TV behave differently when mirroring is turned off ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
You can pull my branch and built it (though you need to ensure to backup your profile folder anyway as even a self compiled version will try to update your 13.2 data). Its master from yesterday + my airplay commits on top.

For the latter - i didn't investigate the atv2 behavior in that regard (lack of time again). But for me the youtube video continued to play when i have hit the home button from safari iirc.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Just realised I need VS 2013 not VS 2010 to compile Helix. Sad

Will need to download and install it, so won't be able to test today, at least on Windows.
I've just installed your win32 test build but it has the missing srcvers bug I commented about on github. (confirmed by looking at the bonjour announcements using "net analyzer" on the iPad)

Can you release another test build so people don't start testing with a build with a known mistake in it ? Smile

It's interesting that in brief testing it seems to work ok with the version missing, but we have no idea what undefined behaviour this might cause in future iOS versions and what version it "assumes" when no version is provided...so any testing performed with this test build can't be extrapolated to the final release.

One completely unrelated issue which I had noticed a few days ago but forgot to mention is that I see that xbmc seems to have some logic in it to automatically unpause playback either when the entire file is buffered (in the case of a small video file) or when the buffer fills up without being able to buffer fast enough for continuous playback. (which displays the "cache filled before...." message)

So even though we explicitly start playback paused for a camera roll video, once the full video has buffered for a short video it starts playing anyway...I suspect that is in player code completely unrelated to the airplay. Sad

To reproduce, simply select a video in the camera roll that is quite short (about 30 seconds) and let it complete buffering then it will play anyway even though we didn't press play.
That would be a bug imo because i explicitly pause the player - autoresume should only take place when player pauses implicitly because of low buffer level imo. Yeah i will make new testbuilds - will last a while since jenkins is really busy atm.
(2014-10-06, 16:43)Memphiz Wrote: That would be a bug imo because i explicitly pause the player - autoresume should only take place when player pauses implicitly because of low buffer level imo. Yeah i will make new testbuilds - will last a while since jenkins is really busy atm.
Yes it sounds like auto-resume is being triggered.

I think there is something else wrong in this test build though - rate==0 on play doesn't seem to be working at all. All of the videos in the camera roll I'm trying including longer ones start playing fairly soon (seconds) after they start buffering. This wasn't happening in your previous test build. Possibly related to the srcvers error ?

I'll wait for the next build or until I have VS 2013 installed to compile my own before I test any further as I could be chasing red herrings. Wink
Fixed builds:

New test version. I used 0x20F7 as feature flags (this is what DBMandrake figuredt + photo asset cache). When the ios8 compatibility is enabled (defaults to on) in addition to the changed featureflags the /play handler also supports starting playback paused.

The code for the testversion is here:

pull request to mainline: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5410

osx:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

ios:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...ay-ios.deb

atv2:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...y-atv2.deb

win32:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...irplay.exe

android-arm:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

There are still the known missbehaviors:
1. Only first video from camera roll behaves correct - restart playback results in black screen on ios and non commands are sent to xbmc
2. When streaming from youtube safari - each video is started paused (when changing videos one has to hit the play button on the client) - this is even true when not allowing the "/play" handler to start paused because ios sends a /rate 0 command directly after /play anyways which pauses the video instantly.
(2014-10-06, 12:01)Memphiz Wrote: I have iOS 8.0.0 and you? Also i only tested on osx (10.9.5) for now. Which platform are you trying?

iOS 8.0.2...
myth was running on 10.9.5 (same deal on 10.10 beta 4).

Device is an iPhone 6.

Works fine with the iPhone 4S running 7.1
let me know if there is any feedback from mythtv users - i have no clue why it behaves so bad for you.
(2014-10-08, 02:04)jyavenard Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 12:01)Memphiz Wrote: I have iOS 8.0.0 and you? Also i only tested on osx (10.9.5) for now. Which platform are you trying?

iOS 8.0.2...
myth was running on 10.9.5 (same deal on 10.10 beta 4).

Device is an iPhone 6.

Works fine with the iPhone 4S running 7.1
Perhaps there is some difference in camera roll video format from an iPhone 6 ?

I've noticed hardware related differences in Airplay from the camera roll before.

I don't recall exactly what version it was but in the iOS 7 time frame, probably around 7.1 we had three different devices running the exact same iOS version - an iPhone 5S, iPad 3 and an iPad Mini with retina.

Two of them could send locally recorded (from the back camera) video from the camera roll to the then current version of XBMC but one could not. Playback would not start - similar to what you're describing. Unfortunately I don't remember which device failed.

At the time my assumption was that because the different devices all record video at different resolutions there must have been something about the format of the actual mov file itself that xbmc didn't like...

So until we have another iPhone 6 user to test for us I'm suspecting it could be iPhone 6 specific, as I can't reproduce the same issue on an iPad 3 on either Windows or Mac OS.

I'm not willing to "upgrade" any of our other devices around the house to iOS 8 yet - too buggy even with 8.0.2. I'm planning to get an iPhone 6 to replace my ageing and failing 3GS but that won't be until November/December.

Is there anyone else reading this thread with an iPhone 6 / 6 plus who could try Memphiz's test build and test playing video from the camera roll please ?
Just tested with Memphiz's win32 build with iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8.0.2).

Everything seems to work decently.
Camera Library videos works fine 8 out of 10 times.

I can't quite repeat the error consistently...

But sometimes when pressing back (on the iPhone) while showing the video preview photo, kodi seems to be slow responding.
Sometimes with an dialog that says Working other times just slow to quit the preview photo.

When backing out of a playing video, sometimes the video just pauses in kodi. Pressing X in kodi also doesn't stop the video right away (delay 10-30 sec).
Swiping between the videos seems to stop the playback more consistently (by displaying the preview photo instead of the video).

Waiting for kodi to finish doing what it's doing, everything seems to work fine.
But going to another video to fast (switching between video and photo preview) can cause the next preview photo to not show up and / or the screen on the iPhone to go black when the video tries to start playing.

I'm not a programmer but i suspect it might be something with kodi not recieving / responding to a stop command from the phone because of slowdown?
With debug enabled i could see the interface freezing (text with memory usage not moving)

If you want a debug log: http://pastebin.com/1zYCLD2c
Ehhhhh... can any one explain this??

I reverted back to Gotham 13.2 (Compiled Aug 17 2014), put back my old Roaming\XBMC folder i backed up before trying Memphiz's build.

Now my Airplay is working again?!? ... still using my iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8.0.2).

Everything works fine, youtube.com, web video, McTube (alternative youtube app), Camera roll etc.

Only thing is that photos are one behind or ahead depending on which way I'm scrolling.

Rebooted my computer to be sure... Still working...
Reboot your iphone and it will stop working eventually. Also your guess about the missed stop command is partly right. Its not that Kodi is to slow to respond to it. Its that ios8 just doesn't send a stop command at all in situations where it would be logical. So what you saw (with black screen on the ios device) is something i can't solve (you can read the whole thread - i pointed out the reasons already).
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1