• 9(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
Thanks for clarifying Memphiz Smile

Have been keeping an eye on this thread since the beginning, but missed missed your explanation... apparently Wink

A bit weird about the stop commands though Confused

Thanks for looking into fixing airplay (@all of you involved).
How can i get this fix to work with Openelec? Or do i need to install Windows on my HTPC?
That fix is "crossplatform" and has nothing to do with windows.

Building an OpenELEC version with this fix needs to be done, either by you or someone else.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-10-10, 08:05)fritsch Wrote: That fix is "crossplatform" and has nothing to do with windows.

Building an OpenELEC version with this fix needs to be done, either by you or someone else.

I am quite new to this. How can i implement this in Openelec?
Can i add the code? Where can i find the conect files to add the code? It is not in the same place as the windows versjon!
This is nothing for you at this stage. Wait until it is done and you will find your favorite openelec version in the known openelec channels.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for working on this. I have a very weird issue. I am streaming airplay music from my imac (maverick) to xbmc on openelec (today's nightly built). The weird part is that it does not work at all when streaming directly from itunes. However, it does work I use the "Remote" from my iphone (IOS 8.0.2) and trigger my imac/itunes to stream to openelec. To be clear - not streaming from my iphone, but using the remote from my iphone to stream from my imac.

Doesn't make any sense to me why one works and not the other, while I would have thought that from an kodi/openelec receiving perspective, I am actually doing the same thing?

Attached a log file, which you will see both working and non-working arriving streams.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=315542

Any idea? Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-10-10, 16:27)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks for working on this. I have a very weird issue. I am streaming airplay music from my imac (maverick) to xbmc on openelec (today's nightly built). The weird part is that it does not work at all when streaming directly from itunes. However, it does work I use the "Remote" from my iphone (IOS 8.0.2) and trigger my imac/itunes to stream to openelec. To be clear - not streaming from my iphone, but using the remote from my iphone to stream from my imac.

Doesn't make any sense to me why one works and not the other, while I would have thought that from an kodi/openelec receiving perspective, I am actually doing the same thing?

Attached a log file, which you will see both working and non-working arriving streams.

Where can i Get this nightly build you are takling abaut here?
Here we go. There are faily builts and recent airplay fixes are already included. Still struggling to get it working stable though, but assume that's because it is still under development.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192380
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-10-10, 16:27)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks for working on this. I have a very weird issue. I am streaming airplay music from my imac (maverick) to xbmc on openelec (today's nightly built). The weird part is that it does not work at all when streaming directly from itunes. However, it does work I use the "Remote" from my iphone (IOS 8.0.2) and trigger my imac/itunes to stream to openelec. To be clear - not streaming from my iphone, but using the remote from my iphone to stream from my imac.

You have debugging turned off. Please enable debugging and airtunes debugging and post 2 seperate logs (one where it works and one where it fails). Also i am unsure which version of the airplay fix was used in those testbuilds (there were different approaches). Also does your problem go away when you disable ios8 compatibility in your xbmc/airplay settings (visible in expert settingslevel only)?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-12, 12:51)Memphiz Wrote: You have debugging turned off. Please enable debugging and airtunes debugging and post 2 seperate logs (one where it works and one where it fails). Also i am unsure which version of the airplay fix was used in those testbuilds (there were different approaches). Also does your problem go away when you disable ios8 compatibility in your xbmc/airplay settings (visible in expert settingslevel only)?

These builds are currently testing master plus this commit:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...5917dcab97

(although I could switch to a different patch if preferred).
Ahh ok - so the ios8 compatibility setting isn't even there then - @steve1977 forget my comment then - you can't disable the ios8 compat on those testbuilds Wink
Could it be due to that race condition that was affecting audio playback for me ? Is the race condition fix in master or that test build yet ? (BTW that fix has been 100% effective for me - no more intermittent airplay audio playback)
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-10-12, 17:03)DBMandrake Wrote: Could it be due to that race condition that was affecting audio playback for me ? Is the race condition fix in master or that test build yet ? (BTW that fix has been 100% effective for me - no more intermittent airplay audio playback)

If you means this then, yes, it's been in master since August, so will be in any test builds.
Yes that's the one.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-10-12, 16:34)Memphiz Wrote: Ahh ok - so the ios8 compatibility setting isn't even there then - @steve1977 forget my comment then - you can't disable the ios8 compat on those testbuilds Wink

Hallo Memphiz,

Ich schreibe ab und zu mal die Artikel für die Macwelt. Da Du dich mit der Anpassung von Airplay auf den XMBC/Kodi-Code beschäftigst, und einige der Leser den XMBC installiert haben, würden sie höchstwahrscheinlich ein paar Hintergrundinformationen aus der ersten Hand interessieren, zumal es momentan wohl noch Probleme mit Airplay und iOS 8 gibt.

Ich bin ständig unter meiner Adresse hkubiv(At-Zeichen)macwelt(Punkt)de erreichbar. Die Redaktion befindet sich in München, wenn die beiden Standorte - der der Redaktion und Dein Wohnort - zu weit auseinander liegen, würde ich gerne das Interview telefonisch machen.

Ich freue mich auf deine Antwort,

Halyna.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1