• 16(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-11-27, 13:15)username145 Wrote: airplay here is a little flaky in general, in every app/browser I will sometimes just get a black loading screen until I go into settings and disable/re-enable airplay; after which point I will select Kodi again in iOS and it will work fine again for a while

I still encounter this regularly. If I have my iPhone connected to wifi, then run Kodi, my iPhone will detect it as an airplay target. If I run Kodi first, then connect to wifi on my iPhone, it does not detect it. In which case I need to go into Kodi's settings and disable/re-enable Airplay.

I think the flakiness comes from the iPhone sometimes disconnecting from wifi when in standby? I'll try to get a useful log, but the above should be reproducible
Hi guys,
Has anyone tried the latest Kodi on Android + AirPlay from iOS 8.1?
Does it work?
Hi I am new to this thread and have come across the only audio problem in ios8 AirPlay to xbmc,how are you getting it to work,is there a fix ?
@dennis301 - no solution for android (maybe never...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-17, 12:20)Memphiz Wrote: @dennis301 - no solution for android (maybe never...)

Hi Memphiz,

Many thanks for responding.
I am using this app as Airplay receiver on Android and it works perfectly.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dmr2&hl=en
So it means they have found a solution after all?
So is there no way to airplay to xbmc anymore ?
@dennis301 - sure there is a solution - i also elaborated about the problem on android somewhere burried here in the thread - we are only missing a couple of lines of code for sure. But even if the goal seems near to grab - its far enough away that i can say - it won't work on android for a long time. (google playstore apps don't help here at all - we need a source code fix in our codebase...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-12-16, 07:36)username145 Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 13:15)username145 Wrote: airplay here is a little flaky in general, in every app/browser I will sometimes just get a black loading screen until I go into settings and disable/re-enable airplay; after which point I will select Kodi again in iOS and it will work fine again for a while

I still encounter this regularly. If I have my iPhone connected to wifi, then run Kodi, my iPhone will detect it as an airplay target. If I run Kodi first, then connect to wifi on my iPhone, it does not detect it. In which case I need to go into Kodi's settings and disable/re-enable Airplay.

I think the flakiness comes from the iPhone sometimes disconnecting from wifi when in standby? I'll try to get a useful log, but the above should be reproducible

In this log:

1. Started Kodi, selected HTPC as airplay device on iPhone 5s (8.1.2)
2. Videos didn't play. Black loading screen on my iPhone. Eventually an error message depending on app, something along the lines of "cannot be played" etc
3. Disabled/re-enabled airplay in Kodi and re-connected to Kodi on iPhone
4. Played 3 short Youtube videos successfully
5. Fourth video didn't work, same problem as above. Tried multiple different videos, as well as disconnecting/re-connecting airplay on my iPhone, nothing worked
6. Simply went into Kodi's settings, disabled/re-enabled airplay, worked immediately. Did not even need to re-select airplay device on iPhone

Log: http://pastebin.com/G1gRZQCm

Windows 8.1, Helix RC3, and for what it's worth, my Wifi signal is excellent and sending Youtube links through something like YATSE on Android works 100% of the time
i can't do anything about this strange behavior - its something i saw too and i also documented it here buried in this shitty thread somewhere. The client keeps asking about the playbackinfo when you see the black screen - we send the playbackinfo we gathered from atv ios4.2 - since ios8 it seems the client expects other/more fields in the playbackinfo which we don't send. We can't determine which fields are missing or how they are even called because everthing is transfered encrypted on atv2/atv3. Without reverse engineering from thirdparty we are stuck with what we have now.
Dear airplay video... I love you and I miss you! Sniff sniff!

Happy Christmas!
Hello, thanks for all the effort already put in, i will do what i can to help and would love to see support continue, currently on ios8.1.2 and gotham raspbmc, youtube in safari and nhl gamecenter work perfect via wifi, but youtube app and all other video apps only send audio, video plays on iphone screen... what can be done?
not much to nothing - youtube.app will never work again (use a third party youtube app instead) - other apps which are only streaming audio are mostly doing it because of drm restrictions or the unsupported fairplay encryption of kodi. Nothing can be done about this as of now.

i think people need to start to accept that video airplay support is bad in kodi but nearly as good as it can be. There is no offical airplay video receiver out there beside the appletv2/3 (not like with airtunes where audio streaming is supported in thirdparty amps). Apple can change whatever they want and just need to ensure that the appletvs keep working. Thats it for us.
The developer of the android app AirBuddy has found a fix for iOS 8. This app is working for me, I streamed from iOS 8.1.2 to Android 4.2. See here: http://www.airbuddyapp.com/#current-known-issues

Quote:1. With recent iOS8 update, Videos sent from from iOS8 devices do not play.

Status: A fix is available now. Please update to version 2.3.

Can anyone of the kodi developers please contact him and ask him how he fixed this? I don't want to buy an AppleTV for my grandparents.
No - the users need to spam him so he will give us the solution. This is a perfectly case where the bagging community needs to help me.
Interesting lead. Looking at his page, he's aware that the XBMC team are seeing the problem. In your example, you have managed ios 8.1.2 --> android.

In what situation? Using iOS YouTube app? IOS photos app? Music app? Other?
Also you don't state if you got it working with the AirBuddy app or XBMC..
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1