Changing xbmc resolution with json makes xbmc hangs
Hi. I'm trying to switch my screen resolution through xbmc to add this option to a python script.
I obtain the allowed resolutions with this query:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.getSettings", "params":{"filter":{"section":"system","category":"videoscreen"}},"id":1}
And i use the value i wanted in this request of setting change:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"videoscreen.resolution","value":27},"id":1}

But when i set the resolution with the 2nd query the os (windows) switch to the right resolution but xbmc hangs and doesn't respond anymore. If the video is playing the audio keeps playing. I had to manually kill the process.
If i select the same resolution from settings windows it works well.
What i'm doing wrong?
Here's a log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=247964
Actually it happens only with "fake fullscreen" option enabled. with true fullscreen it works.
It's probably a problem of the confirmation dialog of the resolution change that xbmc isn't able to show in windowed mode from json rpc... But it's still a bug
This is a known issue. The code to switch resolution/display/refreshrate is so complex that it breaks everytime someone tries to change something in there.

There are other settings that show similar issues and all of them include a user interaction like a confirmation dialog.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Actually even with full screen doesn't work always properly. Sometimes it shows the yes/no dialog but with arrows i can't select yes or no and it works only with mouse...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing xbmc resolution with json makes xbmc hangs0