• 2(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-07-29, 19:18)TomFreeloader Wrote: This YouTube (ALPHA) addon does seem a bit faster to me. Also I really like how this version shows the avatar pics of the subscriptions. I often add subscription channels to my favorites and then have to go and set the icon on my own. With the YouTube (ALPHA) version I don't have to do that anymore. Thank you for all of your effort with this. Smile
Thanks again! I have been using YouTube (ALPHA) as my default YouTube plugin and had no probs so far.
This is awesome look forward to the further development of it.
Can anyone give me a direct link to the addon, I can't get the repo to work.

Edit: Never mind I got it through the github, I would like to suggest putting the user who uploaded a video in the videos description though, if that's possible, other then that awesome addon it has now replaced the default youtube for me.
Alpha 12:
I was able to optimize resolving the URL to play a video even further. This should now work a lot faster than the old addon.
YouTube alpha 11 an an error...some videos would play the 3D version of it, so I have made ​​a feature out of it.This is now an option in the settings (allow 3D) and worked perfectly in tests with my TV.
Due to a request from here in the forum I write the date of publication and channel fat in the description to a video (like the old addon, but more visible).
Comments on the speed, 3D and to the information in the description are welcome Smile

(2014-07-29, 22:15)Raitsa Wrote: Very good work bromix, really liking this.

I am hoping that my search history could stay visible (without logging in), hopefully that is possible.
You mean that your searches are saved locally so that it can be used again later?

(2014-07-31, 03:02)PatK Wrote: Like the work on this so far, would like to make a request; feature:- to auto play unwatched or random..
First I would like that the Watch Later and History so function as well as on YouTube. After that I can take care of other functions Smile

(2014-08-01, 03:10)arithine Wrote: Can anyone give me a direct link to the addon, I can't get the repo to work.

Edit: Never mind I got it through the github, I would like to suggest putting the user who uploaded a video in the videos description though, if that's possible, other then that awesome addon it has now replaced the default youtube for me.
Can you take a look at the description in alpha 12, if that is so good? Maybe you have a better idea.

And thanks for all the feedback Smile
Alpha 13:
A small bug fix for the login Smile
the channel thing is perfect, though using the amber skin (I don't know if its the same in other skins) I get %I and %p in published on egTongueublished On: 08/01/2014 %I:31:46 %p
bromix, awesome lightweight youtube addon thanks. Can I request that history be an option to turn on or off in settings, It feels cluttered.
(2014-08-01, 23:59)bromix Wrote:

I am hoping that my search history could stay visible (without logging in), hopefully that is possible.
You mean that your searches are saved locally so that it can be used again later?

Yeah bromix, that what i was trying to say.
The XBMC default youtube player that i used to use Wink does that and its a feature that i would like to see in your youtube plugin too.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
I just noticed that my subscriptions aren't being updated, I don't know why, it worked fine earlier. I even tried logging out then logging back in, still the same old videos.
I can't see my subscriptions, only thing i see is "Search" and "Browse Channels". Is a list of "my subscriptions" and "new subscription videos" implemented yet? Or is this due to two step verification or something else?

The videos start to play more or less immediately, which is nice.
Alpha 14:
  • Added 'My Channel' and 'Liked videos' in the main menu added (videos that are specified as 'private', can not be play, for now)
  • Remove Videos from a playlist via context menu
  • Add Videos to 'Watch Later' via context menu
  • Remove watched videos from the 'Watch Later' playlist (optional - default=true)
  • Support for 'History' but at the moment the API forbids it to add a video to this playlist Sad
  • Show fanart of a channel (only if you navigate directly to a subscription)
(2014-08-02, 04:30)arithine Wrote: the channel thing is perfect, though using the amber skin (I don't know if its the same in other skins) I get %I and %p in published on egTongueublished On: 08/01/2014 %I:31:46 %p
Should look better now Smile Amber is a nice skin by the way. I use ACE...maybe I use Amber in the future Smile

(2014-08-02, 16:27)hasselhof Wrote: bromix, awesome lightweight youtube addon thanks. Can I request that history be an option to turn on or off in settings, It feels cluttered.
I implemented a test for this feature (you must enable this feature in Settings->Playback->History (experimental) ). The API is a kind of odd. The history should work like any other playlist, but for some reason I get always a 'FORBIDDEN'. All other playlists work Sad I'm on it...the old addon seems also not to support this feature?

(2014-08-02, 18:11)Raitsa Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 23:59)bromix Wrote:

Yeah bromix, that what i was trying to say.
The XBMC default youtube player that i used to use Wink does that and its a feature that i would like to see in your youtube plugin too.
I put this feature on my To-Do-List Smile seems to be a good idea.

(2014-08-02, 23:12)arithine Wrote: I just noticed that my subscriptions aren't being updated, I don't know why, it worked fine earlier. I even tried logging out then logging back in, still the same old videos.
Yeah, here too. Since today the API returns some strange results. Some of my subscriptions are from yesterday. If I navigate to a subscription directly I see the uploads, but not in the activities. The API from Google/YT seems to have a little bug here and there Sad The alternative would be to iterate over all subscriptions and request all new uploaded videos. But then I think we are down to the speed of the old addon.

(2014-08-03, 16:53)Crowly Wrote: I can't see my subscriptions, only thing i see is "Search" and "Browse Channels". Is a list of "my subscriptions" and "new subscription videos" implemented yet? Or is this due to two step verification or something else?

Did you put your credentials in settings? 'Search' and 'Browse Channels' are the only menus you will see, if you haven't provided any login data.
(2014-08-03, 22:42)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 23:12)arithine Wrote: I just noticed that my subscriptions aren't being updated, I don't know why, it worked fine earlier. I even tried logging out then logging back in, still the same old videos.
Yeah, here too. Since today the API returns some strange results. Some of my subscriptions are from yesterday. If I navigate to a subscription directly I see the uploads, but not in the activities. The API from Google/YT seems to have a little bug here and there Sad The alternative would be to iterate over all subscriptions and request all new uploaded videos. But then I think we are down to the speed of the old addon.

Maybe add that as an option for now, until there's a real fix? I really don't care about the speed, the default youtube addon is fast enough for me, I just like yours better because of the layout.
(2014-08-03, 16:53)Crowly Wrote: I can't see my subscriptions, only thing i see is "Search" and "Browse Channels". Is a list of "my subscriptions" and "new subscription videos" implemented yet? Or is this due to two step verification or something else?

Same here. I do have my login+password in the configuration, but I see only those two generic entries.
(2014-08-04, 07:24)bitbanger Wrote:

Same here. I do have my login+password in the configuration, but I see only those two generic entries.

Did you also navigate froth and back? If you are already in the main menu of the addon ('Search' and 'Browse Channels') and enter the login data, nothing will happen. You have to go back and re-enter the addon, so the login can take effect. I try to make this simpler in the next version.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20