• 15(current)
Release [Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver
(2016-12-12, 11:20)kees667 Wrote: Generic question: I have this plugin installed but don't recall installing it. Perhaps it came with something I installed but can't figure that out. cleaning up old addons ans skins.
Running latest librelec with (only) estuary skin. When I attempt to uninstall this one I get (for me cryptic) the message: "youtube-dl control is used by the following installed addons Kodi65 Library - this addon can't be uninstalled.

Don't seem to have an addon called Kodi65 library, is that some kind of system function and this part of kodi or estuary now?

Did you resolve this?? I'm having the same issue.

Edit: All sorted. Deleted the kodi65 folder with file explorer and jobs a good 'un.
(2017-08-27, 10:09)Dalealan Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 11:20)kees667 Wrote: Generic question: I have this plugin installed but don't recall installing it. Perhaps it came with something I installed but can't figure that out. cleaning up old addons ans skins.
Running latest librelec with (only) estuary skin. When I attempt to uninstall this one I get (for me cryptic) the message: "youtube-dl control is used by the following installed addons Kodi65 Library - this addon can't be uninstalled.

Don't seem to have an addon called Kodi65 library, is that some kind of system function and this part of kodi or estuary now?

Did you resolve this?? I'm having the same issue.

Edit: All sorted. Deleted the kodi65 folder with file explorer and jobs a good 'un.

Not a good idea. Kodi65 Library is a "module" addon, meaning it is only used by other add-ons. the correct thing to do is to go to addon settings. Make sure your settings level is set as "advanced" or "expert". There will be an option "manage dependencies". when you select that you should get a list of all addons that are required by other addons, i.e., dependencies. Find Kodi65 Library in that lis.and select it to get the addon info dialog. On the dialog are buttons to "disable" or "uninstall". If you click "uininstall" it will refuse and tell what addons require it (for example, on one of my Kodis it says
Code:
Kodi65 Library is used by the following installed add-on(s):  T9 search dialog, ExtendedInfo Script
This add-on can't be uninstalled

You should first uninstall all of these addons and only then uninstall Kodi65 Library. Same for any other module.

scott s.
Is there a good browser extension that can send a supported link to kodi and initiate the video to play via youtube-dl? Pushbullet seems to be not working and the developer seems to be away since 2 months.
Over the last several months yt-dl has stopped working several times and I would have to do something radical like re-download kodi + a build, but I have figured out what has been causing yt-dl to stop working. Now I am not a programmer but if I allow kodi to update 'script.module.addon.signals' yt-dl stops working. Then if I copy the old 'script.module.addon.signals' folder back into the addon folder and restart kodi it magically starts working. This is just my experience but I wanted to share this with someone who may be able to use this info... since I have no clue how all this stuff works...

Thanks..
@Mujunk:
https://github.com/firsttris/plugin.video.sendtokodi
+
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/sendtoko...17603?mt=8
or
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sendtokodi, There
Somthing i know
(2017-09-11, 03:53)PD__45343311 Wrote: Over the last several months yt-dl has stopped working several times and I would have to do something radical like re-download kodi + a build, but I have figured out what has been causing yt-dl to stop working. Now I am not a programmer but if I allow kodi to update 'script.module.addon.signals' yt-dl stops working. Then if I copy the old 'script.module.addon.signals' folder back into the addon folder and restart kodi it magically starts working. This is just my experience but I wanted to share this with someone who may be able to use this info... since I have no clue how all this stuff works...

Thanks..
I'm out of country currently, but I'll look at it when I get back this weekend.
@PD__45343311 - An unreleased version from my GitHub repo appears to have been hijacked on to some 3rd party repos. If you don't want to have this problem you'll want to remove the offending repo.
RUUK -

Thanks for the reply, but could you sound this out for me.. please use small words... jk... but seriously I don't know what you are trying to tell me.. Are you saying an addon is the culprit to yt-dl to stop working? or a repo? (how could a repo effect yt-dl??). I am sure I downloaded yt-dl from the official Kodi repo... Which repo do you believe to be the 'offending repo'..?

Thanks
PD
The youtube-dl add-on is dependent on another add-on called 'Add-on Signals' which is also written by me. There are some other repositories that have a version of this add-on taken from code I have not released which breaks the youtube-dl add-on. This version has a higher version number than the official version so it replaces the correct version that comes from the Kodi repo. If you have any repositories installed in Kodi besides the Kodi repository, one of them has this unofficial version.
I see... I see... Thank you
Hi ruuk,
Do the same options within youtube-dl (that I use on my Ubuntu 16.04 laptop) work with script.module.youtube.dl? If so, how would I use them? A short example would be nice...Smile.

Presently I using...

youtube-dl -f 94 -g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIeuqyTM94

to stream a SD m3u8.

I use...

youtube-dl --list-formats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIeuqyTM94

to list the formats.

It works perfect on my laptop, but I'd like to do the same within Kodi on my RPi3.

Thanks for your time.

Bob
Hi, again, ruuk,
I see that within YoutubeDL.py and options.py that indeed the youtube-dl options are there in script.module.youtube.dl.

Let me explain my situation. I have a youtube link that streams CNN Live. At present I use youtube-dl to grab the list of formats available for that youtube link, choose the quality of stream I want, then write that m3u8 link to a file named CNN.strm. I then place this file in the Videos folder within Kodi on my RPi3. I do this all with a bash script that I wrote activated every hour via a cronjob that I have scheduled. Of course, my laptop has to be on for this to occur. The only problem with this is, unlike the original youtube link that never changes, the m3u8 link changes (goes dead) around every hour.

If I could do the same procedure within Kodi (on my RPi3) then the m3u8 link would up all the time without my laptop being on.

I searched for documentation as to how to do this in script.module.youtube.dl, but have been unable to find it. Does documentation for this exist? If so, could you point me to it?

Hope you respond.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Bob
Guess you don't want to answer (even though you've been to the site).

Thanks anyways.

Best regards,

Bob
(2017-11-14, 15:19)Trespasser Wrote: Guess you don't want to answer (even though you've been to the site).

Thanks anyways.

Best regards,

Bob

Why do you need to extract the link? Why not send the same link to Kodi and let it resolve it?
Is it possible for youtube-dl to load custom/private plugins from another directory?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver2