• 12(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
Possible icon for Narfotic's logo?
(2014-08-04, 20:54)aphaits Wrote: Trying out logo placements and replaced 'media hub' with 'media center'

'Entertainment center' sounds wrong somehow if it does not incorporate interactive media like video games.

This is great work. IMO the best so far.
Here is my version. May the best logo wins

(2014-08-04, 21:33)ximon Wrote: Image

Currently my fave! Simple, crisp, very clever, and perhaps most importantly it is a proper Logo rather that just different ways of writing Kodi.
(2014-08-04, 21:46)StigtriX Wrote: Possible icon for Narfotic's logo?
This doesn't happen to be borderlining some Nintendo copyrights / trademarks ? I know simple symbols are hard to trademark - but I'm sure that if anyone could pull it off, it'd be someone like Nintendo, MS, Apple, Samsung, Disney etc.

The fact that very simple symbols and forms are hard to trademark - might have an impact on what logo contributions will make it to "the poll" - if something like that turns out to be arranged. I expect the resident team will be wanting to trademark and/or copyright the new logo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-08-04, 20:54)aphaits Wrote: Trying out logo placements and replaced 'media hub' with 'media center'

'Entertainment center' sounds wrong somehow if it does not incorporate interactive media like video games.

I really like this one. It works in every way. Could you try to make one that says "Unlimited Entertainment" or "Simply Entertaining". We need a slogan more than a pure description...

-C-
(2014-08-04, 21:41)pr0xZen Wrote: Without intention of holding you to it like the freakin' Hulk - what are the XBMC / Kodi team's current view on a community poll for the logo (before it goes to "final touches" that is)? Your reply here suggest this might be a possibility at least. We would understand perfecly if the nature of such would require "in-progress" and final poll results to be contained until any or all legal matters are sorted. This might not be an "unspoken understanding" for everyone though, so actually stating this when and if the time comes for a poll - might be a good idea.

I don't know - with my statement i was purely talking as the individual community member which is amazed about the presented work. There will be a poll at some point for sure - but no clue who the voters will be. (i don't know more as you - noone knows - there was no discussion about that yet).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here is my idea:

another version:

(2014-08-04, 21:55)spoyser Wrote:

Currently my fave! Simple, crisp, very clever, and perhaps most importantly it is a proper Logo rather that just different ways of writing Kodi.
up and down arrows would need a different colour so that the name itself is readable, but nice idea indeed

(2014-08-04, 17:04)martinezdesign Wrote: Image

(2014-08-04, 17:22)lonjemoco Wrote: Some (most) of them are overly complex and colorful, impractical, and/or just plain ugly. (I see it coming: "Hey, dude, come up with an idea of a logo before criticizing other people's work and ideas (or lack thereof)!")

martinezdesign: would work if the product were a fence
MastaofDesasta: nto veyr claer hwo to raed
patseguin: looks like ms office wordart

Why not keep it simple like Narfotic, aphaits (he posted I think three ideas that look very nice), teletran-one or Tinwarble?

Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a molecule that encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms... means, its a genetic [code].
Variation on a theme:

PS UK English spelling of 'centre'

Nice, I really like this one. Plus it can be used as a icon.
Did some variations of aphaits idea. Wanted to make the ratio of the area inside the brackets 16:9 to resemble a screen.

Will put more in this imgur gallery if I keep going.
(2014-08-04, 21:57)pr0xZen Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 21:46)StigtriX Wrote: Possible icon for Narfotic's logo?
This doesn't happen to be borderlining some Nintendo copyrights / trademarks ? I know simple symbols are hard to trademark - but I'm sure that if anyone could pull it off, it'd be someone like Nintendo, MS, Apple, Samsung, Disney etc.

The fact that very simple symbols and forms are hard to trademark - might have an impact on what logo contributions will make it to "the poll" - if something like that turns out to be arranged. I expect the resident team will be wanting to trademark and/or copyright the new logo.

It does not look that much like the Triforce from the Legend of Zelda. Nintendo does not own any exclusive rights to a combination of three triangles. As an example: the ski brand "Fischer" uses a "Triforce" as its logo. The icon I made using Narfoticon's "D" lacks symmetry and three triangles. It only consists of two triangles with one rounded edge each and one diamond shape with a rounded top. TinEye finds no similar pictures either.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4