• 15(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
How about the slogan.. "No longer associated with all those failed XBMC forks that never became more useful than free and open source"
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
The logo's with the brackets are bad ass.
(2014-08-04, 20:54)aphaits Wrote: Trying out logo placements and replaced 'media hub' with 'media center'

'Entertainment center' sounds wrong somehow if it does not incorporate interactive media like video games.

This is by far my favourite in the thread. Looks professional, works with a single colour so can be placed on any background or splash screen, the icon works perfectly as a small windows icon and as a mobile app icon. The brackets give it the 'code' feel while also looking a little bit like the outline of a widescreen TV.

I didn't like the name "Kodi" to start with but after seeing this logo it suddenly made more sense and I actually quite like it. If this logo alone can change my mind on that then it's obviously done its job!

I prefer the term "media center" as well, however I believe the reasoning behind calling it an "entertainment center" was because it can do things like launch games, run tasks and be extended endlessly with add-ons.
I think aphaits is unfortunately too simple and similar to KDE
My 2 favourites :

(2014-08-04, 20:54)aphaits Wrote: Trying out logo placements and replaced 'media hub' with 'media center'

'Entertainment center' sounds wrong somehow if it does not incorporate interactive media like video games.

(2014-08-04, 21:33)ximon Wrote: Image

Need to use a different colour for UP and DOWN arrow but very nice and a good icon too.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Just need to +1 Memphiz comment, really nice work everyone! So much fun reading through this and amazed at the logo submissions. Fun times!

(2014-08-05, 06:08)OMGrant Wrote: I think aphaits is unfortunately too simple and similar to KDE

Not that similar IMO http://www.kde.org/stuff/clipart/klogo-o...0x3000.png
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Look nice as icon :

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
I am no artist but I wanted to share this. (I do not know how to remove the grid lines. If someone would like to re-edited it for me that would be great.)

(2014-08-05, 08:35)shive Wrote: I am no artist but I wanted to share this. (I do not know how to remove the grid lines. If someone would like to re-edited it for me that would be great.)

Is that a reverse sideways goatse?
Heres my submissions!!

Quote:Is that a reverse sideways goatse?

It is a handshake. As one of the meanings for "kodi" means "helpful"
Hi everyone!!

Cause noobs want to participate too Wink

Bybye

Any chance you can give the horizontal brackets a try like in
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

I really like it, but the first thing I thought of when I saw that green was Skoda.

Its not the actual Skoda green, but the middle three letters drags the mind to it.

Stole your font though! Gave it the old hacky two-tone treatment!

Please check this ,

thank you
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4