• 22(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-05, 16:45)Hitcher Wrote: I can also imagine the icon brackets opening up to reveal the full name.

(2014-08-05, 16:58)ximon Wrote: A compromise on symmetry and readability?

Would it be possible to combine the two? Both are very plain, simple and thus powerful. I think adding the symbols to the bracket logo might look very nice?
Tried adding a little logo instead of clever text manipulation. The square is split in order to represent both stop and pause, with the triangle being play.

(2014-08-05, 18:39)mag.py Wrote: Tried adding a little logo instead of clever text manipulation. The square is split in order to represent both stop and pause, with the triangle being play.

I like this. The overlapping stop/play icons work well, clean and modern.
(2014-08-05, 16:41)ximon Wrote: Solid D

This is by far my favorite so far! Smile

Animate it please?
Mod of ximon:

This thread has got more kok than Smith & Wesson! Tongue I really think the "D" must be a lot clearer for the logo not to be a complete failure.
Typeface: Open Sans

Closed the "d" and added a subscript. Font is Roboto.

(2014-08-05, 21:08)djflow195 Wrote: Closed the "d" and added a subscript. Font is Roboto.

Love the D on this one. Simple, but can still see the media centre buttons in the design. Awesome.
Lets not forget that most people dont know what kodi is. The design by Ximon is imho waaaaay to difficult to read. Its a name, but also button and they form a word people dont know... This will keep xbmc/kodi an incrowd thing, no problem for me, i know how good xbmc/kodi is, but it is not very welcoming for newcomers...
After going through this thread I'm actually optimistic about the name change. As many others, I associated Kodi with kids toys or other childish stuff, not the best media center (or whatever the subtitle is) in the world. But with a mature logo this whole association disappears.

Anyway, I like the idea of aphait to use the O to allow customization.

(2014-08-04, 10:36)aphaits Wrote: More tests including music album covers and TV series posters

Imagine that while Kodi starts, it randomly uses fanart from your library (might need some specialized fanart to make sure it always fits).

(2014-08-04, 20:54)aphaits Wrote: Trying out logo placements and replaced 'media hub' with 'media center'

'Entertainment center' sounds wrong somehow if it does not incorporate interactive media like video games.

This one is also really good, although I would loose the forward slashes and modify the brackets. In that sense, the modified version by mag.py is really cool (the idea that it resembles 16:9 adds some meaning as well).

(2014-08-05, 00:07)mag.py Wrote: I made a couple versions with the rotated brackets but symmetrical this time.

(2014-08-05, 17:39)ximon Wrote: Animated:
I like the symmetry (especially of previous installments), but as many pointed out, it spelled KOK. Fixing it by putting "Kodi" there twice (once stylized, once normal) isn't really a good fix - I'd go in a different direction.

Really happy to see some good ideas and it gives me hope for the future of XBMC... errr.. Kodi. Keep up the good work Smile.
@apaiths
It's "Entertainment Center" and not something else. Open source media center is not something we want. It's not a media center.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just to show you that IT is possible:

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-08-05, 17:39)ximon Wrote: Animated:

Static (paper, etc.):

For me, we are loosing the spirit.

May be this is a good compromise :

(2014-08-05, 16:00)Karnagious Wrote: This is what I mean. You can tell it says Kodi.

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4