• 32(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
I like that it's straightforward, delivers the message, leaves the devs room to play (thinking pulsating RGB pad lol) and has an encrypted X for the insiders Big Grin

glad you got rid of the tails on the K
nice work

(2014-08-07, 13:47)uNiversal Wrote: Image

some in the darker color

All my images can be found here LINK And can be downloaded in full?
(2014-08-07, 12:21)jkufner Wrote: Since I do not have original font, the curves need some more love. Feel free to improve it:SVG source

The original font is called danube and can not be used if we want to register the logo.
We might be able to use the reworked Danube Pro if the license allows it, although I personally would like something new.
(2014-08-07, 10:18)sealview Wrote: Image

I love that Eye design in the middle around the O and into the D
(2014-08-07, 12:25)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 17:54)aphaits Wrote: A coding themed idea with some open-source emphasis and a nod to the original xbox platform mod.

Or maybe because of breaking bad colors, perhaps.

edit: oh and also iOS icon

if there is a vote I would give it to this one
nice and clean

Same here, I like it better than my submission.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-08-07, 12:33)joro_abv Wrote: A-a-and another one from me :

I like this. Maybe the version number could go in the dot of the 'i'?

Maybe a 'play' triangle in the negative space somewhere? Love the colours…
Or something like this?

I do not like version numbers in logos - they take away from the aesthetics. It is one thing I loathe in LoL when you have loading screens etc. Why would I want to see a bunch of numbers there?
When you place it in a menu instead it is easily accessible for those who do care about this. Maybe it could be added as an option to display the version number with the splash and where one wants it?
Left, right, bottom, top etc...
Something clean....

I don't have anything except my tablet, but here's my idea for a logo/icon, flat ui style.

(2014-08-07, 14:01)paulodanfsousa Wrote: my logo for kodi Smile
or

This design is exceptionally strong.

Iconic & easy to read and I like how it is anchored by a simple circle.

It has a tech look without going overboard and comes across as a serious and solid business logo.
This is something i similarly envisioned too, totally epic dude! I vote for this one too.

(2014-08-07, 12:42)Zeros Wrote: Image

Makes me think of Portal.
(2014-08-07, 15:41)Kib Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 10:18)sealview Wrote: Image

I love that Eye design in the middle around the O and into the D

I would probably not use an eye (purely personal reason "makes me think of creepy stuff" :p and this doesnt look like an eye to me either), maybe the O could be a film reel and get rid of the film strips at top/bottom, to make the logo a little cleaner.
But definitely the O is the focus that will make or break the design in al these ideas., at least the ones that nt ripping off the old logo.

(2014-08-07, 14:24)wpbpete Wrote: I like that it's straightforward, delivers the message, leaves the devs room to play (thinking pulsating RGB pad lol) and has an encrypted X for the insiders Big Grin

glad you got rid of the tails on the K
nice work

You noticed the "X" I was trying to get away with that Big Grin :p was going for that idea like the "hidden" arrow on Fedex logo and less emphasis on the arrows up/down. ultimately you cant use kodi without a controller of some sort and xbmc/kodi does give you control over your media
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4