• 36(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
(2014-08-08, 08:44)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 04:39)usheriko Wrote: Image

This is very nice!
I was thinking of something similar for your animated design using colour to stop KOK being read, my thought was white & blue (as orange is too Plex for me). So perhaps K is white, O is blue, D is white, I is blue, so animation starts blue circle surrounded by white arrows then blue and white lines fade in, they spin then when they come to rest white line forms part of K and blue line forms the I.
(2014-08-07, 00:25)AssafM Wrote: Image

Looks good. I personally think it would be better if the 'odi' part was in another font (not with the gaps).
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
My favourites are below. If it takes more than 5 milliseconds for people to read the name, then you're doing it wrong. Don't get clever molding all the letters together, brand confusion is a very bad idea. Play/rwd/ffwd icons are a bit old hat as well, unless it's very minimal.

(2014-08-04, 09:11)aphaits Wrote: Image

(2014-08-04, 18:47)RefleX-mrl Wrote: I like it minimalistic. Ideas here:

Btw.. Hi there! First Post Tongue

(2014-08-04, 22:07)blazer380 Wrote: Here is my idea:

We need a voting system a.s.a.p.

Maybe a subforum where every designer can post a topic with it's design and a poll do you like "yes/no" (only yes will be count for all submissions).
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Well ... maybe better - forbid comments, let only logo submissions and set a deadline. After deadline - the team reviews all, sorts out something like top 10 and then we vote out of them.
yes, no need to vote for any logo yet. Also quoting the same submissions over and over doesn't help this thread Wink
(2014-08-08, 09:11)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 08:44)ximon Wrote:

This is very nice!
I was thinking of something similar for your animated design using colour to stop KOK being read, my thought was white & blue (as orange is too Plex for me). So perhaps K is white, O is blue, D is white, I is blue, so animation starts blue circle surrounded by white arrows then blue and white lines fade in, they spin then when they come to rest white line forms part of K and blue line forms the I.

Using my crappy skills, do these seem to have any less KOK

No matter what you do with the colors, it still says KOK. I think the remote control symbols, at least shaped in this fashion, are going to be problematic in this way.
And like that, you still read KOK ?

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
How moving the version dot similar to what usheriko has done but keeping a tall i so it's symmetrical to the K

Clutching at straws as I really like ximon's original design.
That looks too much like Plex logos http://www.plexapp.com

The problem is the orange rather than the actual design in my view, change the colour to something else and I think it'll be alright.
I think the problem is the "arrow" used for play-sign ins6tead of the letter D, because that is what the Plex logo uses in their letter X

Plex accentuate that "arrow" as the main part of their logotype and they even use it in standalone logo versions for Plex

(2014-08-07, 12:42)Zeros Wrote: Image

I like these ones too, the spinning diamond/square controller thingy for the O could also be used as a busy icon within the default skin.
like to post some logos ideal but can't find place to do so
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4