• 57(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
I'm still not digging the lowercase "i" when the other letters are in caps :\
@Unfledged: like this Smile

(2014-08-19, 02:47)samfisher Wrote: @Unfledged: like this Smile

There we go Smile (Just makes the 'o' more of a recognisable logo on its own, rather than just a play sign in something approaching wha Microsoft - back in their days of (and I'm sorry but I loved mine) the Zune player - referred to as a squircle.)

Edit: @ned - thats the sort of detail the professional design house can deal with, surely? I thought the idea was to come up with a great concept (which this is) not a great finished logo Smile
@Unfledged: Yeah it looks nice and it's unique Smile

And here it is another concept I was working on. It looks very simple and minimalistic, but despite that it took me some time to figure it out. The meaning behing it is somehow similar to the green one, but this one also includes the media buttons and I think is very readable.

My collegue from work also wanted to take part in that contribution. Though I will also post that one. Remark: As images from the internet have been integrated this one is probably not completely free to use. But yeah perhaps it gives some ideas into new directions.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I like this one as well......boy that will be a difficult choice once decision time come......
Wonder what it would look like with the "i" being a red "record" button with a hint of glow?
samfisher....what a talent!!!!!!!

Thanks

Alfred

(2014-08-19, 03:02)samfisher Wrote: @Unfledged: Yeah it looks nice and it's unique Smile

And here it is another concept I was working on. It looks very simple and minimalistic, but despite that it took me some time to figure it out. The meaning behing it is somehow similar to the green one, but this one also includes the media buttons and I think is very readable.

I got bored so i made a few more.

watch gallery
(2014-08-19, 03:02)samfisher Wrote: @Unfledged: Yeah it looks nice and it's unique Smile

I like this concept, but if it would actually would work on real life for all purposes due to the thin lines would it make it a squint job. But none-the less I like it, Im still a fan of the ones you did just previous.
it would be nice to see them in CAPS or all in lower-case and stripped bare again.
Maybe you can create a logo based on The Golden Ratio and Fibonacci numbers?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

This could result in a well balanced logo...and makes a nice story. ;-)

Edit: Some examples @ http://www.banskt.com/blog/golden-ratio-...o-designs/
@kraades: That's very interesting stuff! I will try something I guess.

@rap777 & uNiversal: Okay so I made this. Smile

(2014-08-19, 16:55)kraades Wrote: Edit: Some examples @ http://www.banskt.com/blog/golden-ratio-...o-designs/

Mind blown.
Beautiful!!!!!!!!
Thanks.........

(2014-08-19, 18:22)samfisher Wrote: @kraades: That's very interesting stuff! I will try something I guess.

A little something for Hardware guys.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-08-19, 18:22)samfisher Wrote: @kraades: That's very interesting stuff! I will try something I guess.

There's no shortage of choices from you thats for sure and each just as striking as previous, I like them. Still prefer those previous last ones though even if the normalize the caps or lowercase.
Any of your entries are easy to visualize in different colors and they need to work at those simple color palletes cause of websites/blogs/wiki/business cards, tshirs and all that jazz.

Heck as a special edition I would do your stuff (and a few nice others) in limited edition t-shirts to raise funding for this kodi launch thing. I bet they go down great in the next meetup. Big Grin At the very least you see how popular each would be with real live buyers Tongue ha!
The amazing thing is that if you use a simple substitution cipher (A = 1, B = 2...), add up "XBMC HTPC" and divide it by "KODI 14", you also get 1.6. Simply stunning. I'm sure that's how it was all derived.

( © Dan Brown Made Up Correlations, 2014)
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4